December 26, 2013 Disney Dream 3-Day Bahamas

Ok everyone! The Fish Extender List has been sent via private message. DISboards only allowed me to send to 5 people at a time. I hope the link works! Please let me know if you would like me to add any information.

Someone has asked me how fish extenders work. This was my response.....

I am probably planning on getting the adults a little something but doing a little more for the kids. From what I understand, make/buy one gift for everyone, then at any point during the cruise, go put the gift in their fish extender according to staterooms. (i.e. before breakfast do a stateroom, after an excursion, do another stateroom, before dinner do another.) Just space and time it out so that it gives you a few a day! My friend told me that everytime they went somewhere and came back to their stateroom, there was something in their fish extender pockets! She said it was really cute! Theres no schedule or reason to who you pick! Hope this helps!

I have sent another private message regarding some important changes in the fish extender. I think the deadline will be December 1. If I do it any later than that, my anxiety will send me overboard!!! LOL!!! (Good cruise joke!!!) No really, I want to prepare for the trip! I would like this to be out of the way as early as possible!

Hi ! We just booked our Disney adventure. My husband and I decided last minute to get away to warmer weather for the holidays. We chose Disney in hopes that our daughter (21 months at time of cruise) would enjoy it over a Carnival cruise.

How many have joined the FE group? How many gifts would we be responsible for? We don't have our stateroom number yet but will be on Deck 6.

Can't wait until December 26!

Hi,

We booked our Disney Cruise about 2 1/2 years ago. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 children (19 and 20); my sister, her husband, and her children (22, 19, 8 and 3); and my parents. Yes, we are quite a large group.

I am a first grade teacher, and currently on medical leave. In my "spare" time I stumbled upon the excitement of the Fish Extender. Unfortunately, it wasn't until this weekend that I realized that you must establish a group prior to traveling in order to participate.

Please let me know if your group is still open…we are all on Deck 6.

StramMom, I have tried to reply our info to you, but it won't let me send it. How would you like me to go from here?

StramMom - Thanks so much for organizing this! I sent our specific info via PM. I am not sure yet if the inlaws are going to participate . . . I will know later today for sure for sure!

So excited we are getting so close . . . Just over a month until we set sail . . . I need to get working on my FE gifts! I think my plan is to do something for the whole family and then give the kiddos something as well . . . pixiedust:

I can't wait and I have so much to do before we go . . . When we first booked I thought I had so much time and then I procrastinated. Ahhhhh!:scared:

LilysBuoy and sjhuddl- I have you guys added to the fish extender list!! I will send a copy to you probably by this weekend. So far we have 14 families!!

princessmocha- I received all your information and have updated the list! I am also getting excited but slowly buying things for gifts as I see them!

Fisc7- can you just create a brand new private message to send to me instead of replying to the one I sent?

My lugguge tags came in the mail today! Woohoo!!! It's all starting to come together!!

Do we need to consider splitting into 2 groups so that the number doesn't too large? Just an idea!

Can't wait!! We just got our room assignment and they've upgraded our room category. We are now on deck 8 instead of deck 6.

What kind of information do you need for the fish extender or will that come in the message you will send later? Are we doing one family gift or individual gifts?

I'm so excited!!

Regarding the actual hanging fish extenders, I see most of them have one pocket for each family member. Do families ever just share one pocket?

Regarding the actual hanging fish extenders, I see most of them have one pocket for each family member. Do families ever just share one pocket?

Yes, I have seen photos of fish extender done with a canvas bag. I can not find it right now, but if I do I'll post the link later. I'm making mine with 3 separate pockets because that is what I had started already.

Edit. Here is one done with a Canvas Bag.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45981538&postcount=1862

Hi! We just booked the cruise tonight. Super excited! Can we still join the fish extender group? We had a great time doing it on the Fantasy this summer. We are 8 people in total; 5 adults (2 men and 3 women) and three kids dd8, ds 8, ds 6). We are on deck 7 , cabins 7088 and 7096).

Thanks!
Luciana

Fisc7- Yes, a split might be a good idea. If we include the new family (LA PIG), it would bring the total of families to 15 (I think, I'm not home right now, so I don't have my list). I will see what all the other families want to do. I would hate to spend all my time involved in fish extender stuff while on the cruise.

LA PIG- yes, we can add you! I will probably set the deadline at December 1 to give people enough time to gather things.

Splitting into two groups might be good. If we do, perhaps we get the big "families" to split and they could be in different groups.

I agree…2 groups will be easier to manage.

StramMom: I have started making/purchasing fish extender gifts but I need a little more information about how often gifts will be presented. Will we give gifts on one day, each day, or several times a day (I've read about each scenario)?

Also, I'm not sure I'm on your email list. I haven't received the FE group list yet. My email:sjhuddl@msn.com.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help…Thanks again for organizing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!