December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

Happy New Year everyone! Managed to stay awake until 10pm last night, pretty much a normal evening.

I’ve chosen my word for 2021: move. So far today moving has meant walking across the street from the hotel to get coffee. There’s a wind storm raging outside, which is pretty great but challenging to be out in... the coffee shop on a dock at the water’s edge and the waves were smacking the windows. Pretty exciting way to start the day.

Aside from physical movement, it might also mean moving my household... hmmmm...

Happy New Year everyone! Managed to stay awake until 10pm last night, pretty much a normal evening.

I’ve chosen my word for 2021: move. So far today moving has meant walking across the street from the hotel to get coffee. There’s a wind storm raging outside, which is pretty great but challenging to be out in... the coffee shop on a dock at the water’s edge and the waves were smacking the windows. Pretty exciting way to start the day.

Aside from physical movement, it might also mean moving my household... hmmmm...
Sounds spectacular!

Last edited:
We had appetizers for dinner, shrimp cocktail, crudités, pigs in a blanket, and pub cheese with crackers. We drank pink champagne all evening.

For the first time in many many years, I not only made it to midnight, I actually was wide awake until about 2:00 AM...I kind of wanted to make sure that 2020 was actually put away, and 2021 really happened. We watched Ozark (totally addictive) and then at 11:40 PM, we flipped back and forth between New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest and CNN with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen. When the ball dropped, we blew our noise makers while illegal fireworks went off all over the neighborhood. It was so cool. I normally hate the fireworks because there have been fires as a result, but this time it felt like my little town was united in this epic moment of celebration.

I slept in until 9:30 AM, then DD and I took a long walk on the freezing cold windy beach.

Cheers to 2021!🥂🍾Happy New Year!

Last edited:
We had appetizers for dinner, shrimp cocktail, crudités, pigs in a blanket, and pub cheese with crackers. We drank pink champagne all evening.

For the first time in many many years, I not only made it to midnight, I actually was wide awake until about 2:00 AM...I kind of wanted to make sure that 2020 was actually put away, and 2021 really happened. We watched Ozark (totally addictive) and then at 11:40 PM, we flipped back and forth between New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest and CNN with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen. When the ball dropped, we blew our noise makers while illegal fireworks went off all over the neighborhood. It was so cool. I normally hate the fireworks because there have been fires as a result, but this time it felt like my little town was united in this epic moment of celebration.

I slept in until 9:30 AM, then DD and I took a long walk on the freezing cold windy beach.

Cheers to 2021!🥂🍾Happy New Year!
Sounds like a perfect evening and New Year’s Day. We were up past 12 this year as well-I think you’re right-just really wanted to see 2020 gone!

On one of our first trips I was looking forward to trying one of the famous Dole Whips. I had read several food reviews that raved about them. Well, it was a bit of a let down and with all the other ice cream choices at the parks and now Disney Springs, I haven’t had one since.
Now, the Grey Goose slushies in Epcot are worth every calorie and something I can’t get at home. I always tell my husband if we win the lottery I am buying one of those machines!

I remember the first trip we made as a family (I had gone when I was a kid, but first time as an adult and first time for the rest of my family), our neighbors had raved about the pretzels in Germany. But I didn’t care for them. I guess I’m more used to the Philly pretzel.

I also didn’t think the Dole Whips were that exciting when I first tried them during that first trip. But I’ve tried again since and LOVE them! We went to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort in February and I had one almost every day. Yum!

I remember the first trip we made as a family (I had gone when I was a kid, but first time as an adult and first time for the rest of my family), our neighbors had raved about the pretzels in Germany. But I didn’t care for them. I guess I’m more used to the Philly pretzel.

I also didn’t think the Dole Whips were that exciting when I first tried them during that first trip. But I’ve tried again since and LOVE them! We went to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort in February and I had one almost every day. Yum!
Maybe I need to try them again!

View attachment 547597

A friend shared this and it made me laugh!

On one of your trips to Disney was there something you really looked forward to but was disappointed when you tried it? And was there something that was absolutely worth the calories?
Believe it or not, it is hard for me to recall a bad meal there. One that comes to mind was so long ago, 2004. We had a Fantasmic dining package for priority seating at Mama Melrose's Restaurant. OMG. It was the worst "Italian" food I have ever had. Growing up in an Italian neighborhood, and living halfway between New Haven, Connecticut and New York City where you will find the BEST Italian food outside of Italy, I admit to having high standards. So for me, the substandard food at Mama Melrose's was not worth one calorie to me.

The food most worth every calorie was the Almond Crusted Cheesecake at Narcoossee's in 2018.

Last edited:
On one of our first trips I was looking forward to trying one of the famous Dole Whips. I had read several food reviews that raved about them. Well, it was a bit of a let down and with all the other ice cream choices at the parks and now Disney Springs, I haven’t had one since.
Now, the Grey Goose slushies in Epcot are worth every calorie and something I can’t get at home. I always tell my husband if we win the lottery I am buying one of those machines!
Where in Epcot might one find a Grey Goose Slushie? Asking for a friend.🍸

Just add rum...order a Spikey Pineapple. It makes all the difference.Pineapple and Vanilla Swirl Dole Whip Float at Pineapple Lanai
LOVE the Spikey Pineapple!!!

They also make them with Grand Marnier (sp?) which I always want to try.
Yes! I also like the Grand Marnier slushy!!!

I might as well add in any margarita in Mexico’s La Cava del Tequila, but especially La Cava Avocado.

Clearly I save my alcohol calories for Disney as I really don’t drink much at home 🤣

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter