December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

Woohoo, presents are wrapped and two gifts selected and will be shipped. That feels good. One more trip to our Amish market before Christmas for some food gifts and I’m done! I am surprising my husband with a turducken-he has been very intrigued by the idea, so I ordered one from an Amish poultry farmer.
I remember when I was working trying to get everything done! There just is never enough time-but doing things with the family is so important.

Wahoo tonight we drove to a nearby town and experienced their holiday lights. There's an entire route planned through the neighborhoods, complete with cute signs pointing the way. I just love it; it's so pretty. And I think this is the first time we've done it when it wasn't raining!!

Thankful Thursday Challenge:

Let’s play with the 12 Days of Christmas song today, and work together to come up with a gratitude for each number. I’ll start, and everyone copy/paste/add as you think of things. (Photos optional.)

12 - days off in a row for Christmas
5 - nieces and nephews
2 - fluffy kitties

Not a Woo Hoo, even though cases are way higher than when we were fully remote at home in the spring, we are returning to full-time in-class learning on January 11th. :mad: Originally we were to return on January 19th, hybrid. The trend in Connecticut is the do the opposite of the right thing at the moment. Our governor was careful in the beginning, but now he is being stupid. Anyway, the 11th gives 10 days after the holidays for the stupid people who will inevitably celebrate with family and/or friends. This morning, the threat was January 4th which really frightened me. The 11th is more doable.

Here is has been up to the school districts with strong suggestions from the board of health. Most are following the color coded map the our governor has put together. If your county is purple school are fully remote (or most of them), red can either be Hybrid or full remote. Orange is Hybrid and Yellow would be fully in school. We are fully remote right now. We are red with an "*" which means we are on the watch to turn purple. So technically we hit purple status but they give the county 2 weeks to make it better. He updates every Thursday. We will be purple today. It has only gotten worse here. My mom school is finally fully remote as they went purple a week or two ago. Teachers are still teaching from their classes but she got permission to teach from home because she has a doctors note.

Things are getting really bad here. We have between 10,000 and 12,000 new cases a day, several deaths and hundreds of new hospitalizations each day. One ER shut down for a few hours the other night because they were completely overwhelmed and couldn't keep up. Another hospital now has refrigeration trucks because the morgue is full. There are talks about setting up a new hospital as my county is running out of beds. It is not a field hospital but a building at one of the colleges close by. It is too cold to have a field hospital now.

10 - days of school left in 2020
7 - Different kinds of Christmas cookies to make
5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
2 - fluffy kitties
1 - awesome Disboard WISH group! 🥰

9 - days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
2 - fluffy kitties

11 - days until the winter solstice aka first day of winter
5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
2 - fluffy kitties

11 - days until the winter solstice aka first day of winter
5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
2 - fluffy kitties
Oops!!! Sorry I didn’t see Sjrec’s post!

11 - presents under the tree & winter solstice
5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
2 - fluffy kitties

Thought of another one:

5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
3 - the number of times I've seen every episode of every season of Holiday Baking Championship
2 - fluffy kitties

And finishing up...

8 - gifts wrapped last night and mailed today
6 - sides to pretty snowflakes
5 - nieces and nephews
4 - family movie nights
3 - the number of times I've seen every episode of every season of Holiday Baking Championship
2 - fluffy kitties

So the neighbors 2 doors down on both sides of us have COVID. Luckily, I trusted my gut and said no more carpooling if they won’t wear masks. Also luckily, their symptoms haven’t been terrible. Congestion, sinus pressure, headaches, and the one neighbor has loss of smell.

Yesterday our Governor announced the stops of athletics effective tonight at midnight until after New Years. Also limiting gatherings to 10 people and no more indoor dining. My sister shared that there are only 6 more ICU beds available in the area.😬 Praying we can get a handle on this and slow the curve again. 🙏

I feel successful in keeping my goal to focus on my family this week. Last night we watched Christmas Vacation...we can quote most lines from that movie because we’ve watched it so many times, yet we still crack up every time! Such fun!

This weekend, I will wrap presents and work on report cards while the kids go to work.

After having temps in the 30's and 12-13 inches of snow last week, our high temp today will be 55. I talked to my boss and I will skip lunch and leave early, around 3ish. I have been doing a 5k every month since October. I haven't completed mine yet for December so I decided that today is the day and I get to do it outside. I am hoping to cut a few minutes from last month. Last month I got it done in 60 minutes. So my goal will be 50-55 minutes today. Mom my is doing the 5k's a month with me as well. Sadly not together. Hopefully next year we can. She did hers yesterday and her time was 53.46. I am trying to keep up with my mom.

Also, this week I am down .8 pounds Yay!!!!! lots more to go but that is a start compared to where I have been lately. I do have to say I mentally feel better this week after working out each day. I need to keep with it and not slack over the holiday's.

My school nurse was directed to provide a health lesson on mask wearing and hand washing for all classes online. She was unwilling to learn how to use teams, and without giving me a heads-up, just showed up at my classroom to teach the lesson.

I put her in the back of my classroom with my Mac book and fortunately, I had a window open. She proceeded to give the WORST lesson I have ever witnessed without her mask on coughing all over the place.

When she was done, I had to retrieve my Mac book so that I could resume teaching. I didn’t know what to do, then I grabbed my lysol and sprayed the area before grabbing my Mac book. I would have left it there for a few minutes, but the kids were screaming my name. I still have to wipe it down with alcohol.

I feel so violated...by a medical professional no less.

My school nurse was directed to provide a health lesson on mask wearing and hand washing for all classes online. She was unwilling to learn how to use teams, and without giving me a heads-up, just showed up at my classroom to teach the lesson.

I put her in the back of my classroom with my Mac book and fortunately, I had a window open. She proceeded to give the WORST lesson I have ever witnessed without her mask on coughing all over the place.

When she was done, I had to retrieve my Mac book so that I could resume teaching. I didn’t know what to do, then I grabbed my lysol and sprayed the area before grabbing my Mac book. I would have left it there for a few minutes, but the kids were screaming my name. I still have to wipe it down with alcohol.

I feel so violated...by a medical professional no less.
That’s appalling. Hopefully you have no more dealings with her.

Quiet weekend planned. I’m at the point where I am making a list of what I still need to do and maybe because things have been dialed back, I am feeling pretty good. Might do some baking that I can freeze and will write Christmas cards.
One thing I have missed this year are Christmas concerts-my local HS and my grandson’s elementary programs. Always put me in the holiday spirit!

Unfortunately I continue to feel pretty crappy. I've been having headaches since I changed to the new thyroid meds, which have gradually gotten worse. I'm not going to take it this morning and will email my doctor. I've also got congestion and a cough now and then but this is all consistent with what happens with food allergies, but in the back of my mind I am starting to wonder... do headache + congestion mean something else. I haven't had any type of fever tho. Arrgggg....

Needless to say plans for the weekend are to stay home, do lots of resting and some more crafting, doing Christmas cards and wrapping presents which could take all weekend since I have gift bags aka "stockings" full of lots of little things. Yesterday I cancelled my hotel reservation for Christmas and changed plans to just do a one day trip to my Sister's... calculating ferry and driving times and trying not to drive too much in the dark I can be there for about four hours midday. NExt week I'll drop presents off at my SIL's, which is only about 20 minutes away. Definitely a different Christmas, but will make it fun in it's own way.

Unfortunately I continue to feel pretty crappy. I've been having headaches since I changed to the new thyroid meds, which have gradually gotten worse. I'm not going to take it this morning and will email my doctor. I've also got congestion and a cough now and then but this is all consistent with what happens with food allergies, but in the back of my mind I am starting to wonder... do headache + congestion mean something else. I haven't had any type of fever tho. Arrgggg....

Needless to say plans for the weekend are to stay home, do lots of resting and some more crafting, doing Christmas cards and wrapping presents which could take all weekend since I have gift bags aka "stockings" full of lots of little things. Yesterday I cancelled my hotel reservation for Christmas and changed plans to just do a one day trip to my Sister's... calculating ferry and driving times and trying not to drive too much in the dark I can be there for about four hours midday. NExt week I'll drop presents off at my SIL's, which is only about 20 minutes away. Definitely a different Christmas, but will make it fun in it's own way.
Probably just a cold, but is there somewhere to get a test?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter