December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

I haven't been feeling very well the past few days and have decided I do actually have a cold, not just allergies. I've also been going thru anger flashes, something that hasn't been happening as much as it used to, so I need to take care of both things, and actually, the bad mood might be related to not feeling good. So my motivation this week... finding rest, peace and some sparkle.

I haven't finished any of my crafts yet, which is kind of surprising as I thought I'd have a piles of stuff done. One ornament should be done today, maybe two. One cuff is done and I'm working on it's mate. But i do think I have my Christmas shopping done, which is kind of strange to be done so early... now a few things just have to arrive as I did have to resort to online shopping for things I could find locally. So there should be a minimal need to run around doing errands this week, just getting groceries and kitten food.

I didn't take this photo but could have, this is the Olympic Mountains from Alki Beach with one of my beloved ferries in the foreground. This is exactly what the mountains look like right now, with a dusting of snow on the peaks. Really helps to set the wintery mood.

Attachments

• 1607356600316.png
    1607356600316.png
    751.2 KB · Views: 1
034F4470-D68D-45D1-A638-E946FD3485E2.jpeg

I want to get out for a walk while the sun is shining-it’s cold but it nice walking on the trail during the week when everyone is at work.
Going to play some Christmas music and finish wrapping gifts-that’s when I usually find out I have missed someone!
Have a couple meals planned out and hope to make a big pot of vegetable soup tomorrow.

I haven't been feeling very well the past few days and have decided I do actually have a cold, not just allergies. I've also been going thru anger flashes, something that hasn't been happening as much as it used to, so I need to take care of both things, and actually, the bad mood might be related to not feeling good. So my motivation this week... finding rest, peace and some sparkle.

I haven't finished any of my crafts yet, which is kind of surprising as I thought I'd have a piles of stuff done. One ornament should be done today, maybe two. One cuff is done and I'm working on it's mate. But i do think I have my Christmas shopping done, which is kind of strange to be done so early... now a few things just have to arrive as I did have to resort to online shopping for things I could find locally. So there should be a minimal need to run around doing errands this week, just getting groceries and kitten food.

I didn't take this photo but could have, this is the Olympic Mountains from Alki Beach with one of my beloved ferries in the foreground. This is exactly what the mountains look like right now, with a dusting of snow on the peaks. Really helps to set the wintery mood.

View attachment 542585

Just beautiful!
Hope you feel better soon. It doesn’t seem fair that wearing a mask and staying home still doesn’t keep you from getting a cold!

View attachment 542585
Breathtaking view

I had a very frustrating morning. My WiFi wasn’t working and I kept freezing, then eventually the class couldn’t see me at all. This went on for over an hour. All I could hear was 17 kindergarteners screaming and some crying my name. Parents freaked out. I.T.couldn’t help. By the time I was visible, I was shot. Hopefully this afternoon goes better.

When and how did you discover Santa wasn't "real"? Wait, what?!?

I don't remember. I remember my older cousin telling me on Christmas morning at my grandparents house while we re hiding behind a chair. I didn't believe her though. It was never talked about in our house or at least with me. I love the magic of the holiday and can get lost in that just like with Disney. We were always able to open one gift Christmas Eve night after we got home from my Granny Kay's house. It was always PJ's. I never out 2 and 2 together. I do know in High school my mom would forget a gift or two in her closet and I would get them in July. She would just come in one morning and say I forgot I had this to give you for Christmas. It was a running theme. It happened a few years in a row.

With my kids I know that they know he is not real but we still go with that it is all real. They are 13 and 14 and look for Elfie (Elf on the Shelve) every morning and were not happy when we did not move him the first night.

All gifts when I was a kids and as well with my kids don't have any writing on them. They all come from Santa. Each sibling had their own wrapping paper. hat is how you know who's gift is who's.

What are some of your carrots that you can move closer to you and enjoy today?

Enjoying time with the family. We are so use to running around everywhere it is nice to just slow down and talk with them. We have some really meaningful conversations with them this past year.

How will you sparkle today?

Not sparkling today. I have had a few hiccups at work that has slowed me down. In a few minutes I will be heading into a meeting about what our benefits will be this coming up year. Those are never fun. Maybe there will be some sparkling after work.

What creative solutions have you found for squeezing exercise in?
I still get up early and do my Beachbody workouts in the morning before heading off for school. But my daughters field hockey coach sent some fun holiday workouts that we will try as a family some nights. Here are a few (*spoiler alert...I might use one of these or something similar as host next week;) :

What creative solutions have you found for squeezing exercise in?

I try and get on the treadmill on my lunch break. I do so much better at that time then I do later in the day. Yesterday I didn't get a lunch so I took a nap right after work since DH was already on the treadmill and then got on right after he got off.

I still get up early and do my Beachbody workouts in the morning before heading off for school. But my daughters field hockey coach sent some fun holiday workouts that we will try as a family some nights. Here are a few (*spoiler alert...I might use one of these or something similar as host next week;) :
View attachment 542743
View attachment 542744
View attachment 542745

These seem like a lot of fun.

When I realized I was using my hand weights to prop my bedroom door open, I brought them downstairs and use them while watching Jeopardy!
When I go to the grocery store I park way in the back and try to take extra steps around the parking lot.
This reminds me I have an indoor workout plan a trainer gave me when I worked with one a couple years ago-will get it out for days like today when I probably won’t get a walk in.

Ooops, I completely forgot I was supposed to be exercising... probably a contributor to why I've been feeling so poorly. I'll make it a goal to get out for a walk at lunchtime each day this week. The weather has turned and is now rainy, but still being outside for a while will be good for me on so many levels.

Had a badly needed quiet work day yesterday, with few meetings or interruptions... hoping for more of the same today. Being able to sink into a task and focus was really good for my brain. I am tired today but not so crabby, glad to be working my way out of it.

Happy WooHoo Wednesday! What are you celebrating today?
Woohoo - I feel a little less stressed now that we decided to have the kids do virtual schooling. We had originally chosen the hybrid option to allow them some time in person with the teacher. But they took that option away in early November. Since then the numbers have been rising along with my stress level. I still go in to school and teach my class in person. But it’s a contained class of 14. And as an adult, I am more conscious of the close contact and clean more often than I would image my teenagers in high school doing ;)

Woohoo - we’ve been having more family time in the evenings. It’s surprisingly a hard adjustment for me. I always used to save more of the family time for weekends due to school work and sports schedules. But with the kids working most weekends, that has become more difficult. So I am adjusting to letting my pile of report card stuff sit until the kids are at work this weekend. It’s hard for me, but family is so much more important. So far we made gingerbread houses (from a kit), planned a puzzle for tonight and a movie night for Thursday. Trying to be more in the moment instead of constantly thinking of everything that needs to be done. And while I say I’m doing this for my family (specifically my daughter), I think it’s important for me and my mental/emotional health too!

My woohoo is that I got on the treadmill last night and made it 60 minutes. I didn't really sleep Monday night. I have no clue why. So yesterday I was exhausted. I did take a nap right after work then made dinner. I didn't get on the treadmill until after 8 but I did get it done.

I am also woohoo that all of my Christmas shopping is done. I did it all on line this year. I didn't care for that but I wasn't going to the stores. Most everything has been delivered. I am just waiting on a few things from Amazon. We will get this this weekend. We have it set up where what you ordered during the week is supposed to come together on Saturday's to save on packaging. This doesn't always happen. A lot of the time they are still packaged separately. I also am waiting on 1 shipment from Malley's (a chocolate store) and Target. Both of these should be here today. Then I am just waiting on the stuff I ordered from Hanes. No word yet on when this will ship. I am not too worried as we still have a lot of time. Plus it is only underware and socks for the kids. I get them this every year. If I don't get it by Christmas I will just give it to them when I get it. Oh and I am waiting on a PJ's for my daughter from Penny's. I forgot about that one. I got everything else from them but this one.

Digging deep for some woohoo's this morning... woohoo that it is already Wednesday? Yesterday was relatively quiet again, there was stuff going on but no major fires to put out.

I have to go in to do blood labs this morning, fortunately when I was checking for their hours I noticed they are taking appointments and I found their protocols for waiting in the car, so I'm feeling better about going - oh, that's a woohoo.

Here's a woohoo... my favorite astrologer Susan MIller posted December forecasts yesterday and what a big transitional month it is going to be.

"On December 21, good-fortune Jupiter and Saturn will meet in Aquarius, and form the Grand Mutation—an event that happens every 200 years. This conjunction has not permanently gone into an air sign in 800 years...now, the emphasis will shift to what you know and what you experienced and can contribute..." and we are moving into a full blown "age of Aquarius". Sounds so promising and something we all need after the past few years.

Woo Hoo Wednesday! Today was our late monthly meeting which was supposed to go until 5pm. We finished at 4pm, and our principal kindly let us leave early.

Not a Woo Hoo, even though cases are way higher than when we were fully remote at home in the spring, we are returning to full-time in-class learning on January 11th. :mad: Originally we were to return on January 19th, hybrid. The trend in Connecticut is the do the opposite of the right thing at the moment. Our governor was careful in the beginning, but now he is being stupid. Anyway, the 11th gives 10 days after the holidays for the stupid people who will inevitably celebrate with family and/or friends. This morning, the threat was January 4th which really frightened me. The 11th is more doable.

Not a Woo Hoo, even though cases are way higher than when we were fully remote at home in the spring, we are returning to full-time in-class learning on January 11th. :mad: Originally we were to return on January 19th, hybrid. The trend in Connecticut is the do the opposite of the right thing at the moment. Our governor was careful in the beginning, but now he is being stupid. Anyway, the 11th gives 10 days after the holidays for the stupid people who will inevitably celebrate with family and/or friends. This morning, the threat was January 4th which really frightened me. The 11th is more doable.
Our state is leaving things up to the individual counties. Our county’s Health Department says there is no evidence that its being spread in schools. So unless that becomes evident in an individual school, we will remain open. We were told by our superintendent that the only other reasons we might close are 1) teacher shortage due to lack of subs for sick or quarantined teachers in a specific school building or 2) snow day for the district.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter