December 2010 Meets! Anyone is Welcome!!

geeeeez!! as partners in crime, we're not very good about coordinating trips! next time.. :goodvibes

I know right ! Hopefully 2011 will have our stars aligned and I will get to meet RA!!!:confused3

I know right ! Hopefully 2011 will have our stars aligned and I will get to meet RA!!!:confused3

Well, I don't know yet if she's even coming down for the December trip, but we'll both be there from 9/26 to 10/2. I'll have to start thinking about a late winter/early spring trip!

ill be there first week of dec.....if anyone wants to see the ICE at the palms...never saw that before

We will be arriving on November 27th - checking in to the Villas At Disney's Boardwalk Inn - Departing on Saturday December 4th.... NOT departing for home - we are departing for Port Canaveral for a 7 night Cruise on the Disney Magic! Anyone else on here.... on board as well?

We are SOOO excited for this vacation - it's our first stay at the Boardwalk!
We are DVC members - we own at Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Tower, and Saratoga Spring. We are trying to stay at all of the DVC resorts HAHA

We are so excited - and now I'm even more excited that I found this Thread!

We are from WV - ages 27 and 28 - Married 4 years in October 2010.

Oops. Guess DISboards didn't like my *******. I really did out-clever myself. Anyway it's fixed. :) Thanks!

(( ok, I would like to point out that I am NOT swearing up above. I am trying to write t i n y u r l and apparently that's a taboo word ))

I'd also like to mention to ANYONE reading/lurking/posting/visiting/living in Florida during December 2010, please speak up with some suggested meets - I don't want to have to think them all up on my own, especially since I might not attend them all.

Look at that swearing ;) <duck> :rolleyes1 :lmao:

One thing that might be fun to do as group, for those going into the parks, would be to see how many rides we could simply take over for a run or 2. Like EE. See if we can fill the train with just us.

Something else to do in the evening one night might be to meet up over at the Boardwalk and just kick around outside if the weather's decent enough. Not necessarily plan to go into Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance Hall or anything specific. Just hanging out on the boardwalk itself wouldn't really cost anything that way. One of the days, we could get a group that's interested and go resort hopping for a while. See if we can make as many hops as possible before having to hit a park or DTD to make the next connection. Make a game of it.

There's a couple ideas. As I think of more, I'll try to get them posted. I'll try to think of things that won't necessarily cost people anything as I know I'll be on a bit of a budget as will most likely some others.

Cheers!

Buena_Vista and CSHARPWV, you have been added to the google calendar and the master list on post #9!

Wasre - I like your suggestions! :)

EVERYONE - Remember to check out Post #9 for the master list of who will be at WDW on what days, and what Disney/DisMEET/EMH activities are happening for each day!

- Carey

PS, yes I realize the master list only goes to December 6th currently. More coming soon. It takes work! ;)

Just thought of another idea that could be done in one of the parks. Form up a couple or a few teams and do a Photo Scavenger hunt, preferably with Digital cameras so no one would necessarily need to pay for developing film.

There could be some really easy to difficult things to find in one of the parks. Point values would vary based on the difficulty to locate the requested item. Some items might have a clue to determine what the item is, while others may blatantly state what to get a picture of.

Hmmmm, this sounds like fun to me already.:thumbsup2

Donna and BLTLDZ (I should get you and hubby' names) - Do you want me to add your meet the evening of the 8th so that other's can join? If so, I'll need rough details of where/when so folks can find you. I like the idea of the Bellevue lounge! Lisa & Dave ;)

YES- DEFINITELY. We have a sleigh ride scheduled at FWL campgrounds for 10 PM...I am going to call and try to get it for 9:30 instead. Hopefully 10:30 at BVL? OR if there is another night that works better? What about 12/6, At Tambu Lounge?? Or both?? I am so excited :goodvibes
Everyone - Could I get thoughts on if anyone wants to try to do any super-casual MVMCP 'let's all meet and go on a ride together' meets, or if anyone wants to do any RSVP type dessert party MVMCP meets?
I would be interested in this!! We have tickets for the night of the 5th, but would be willing to go another night as well!! Let me know the dates you are thinking?
Thanks everyone for being patiant as I add days/meets/events to the Post #9 Calendar. I have to get to it in spurts as I do also (gasp) have to work. ;)

The 6th will also work for us. Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

what does your itinerary looks like...:goodvibes we can do a "hump" meet :laughing: Dec. 15!!! "Thank God its Wednesday" Meet :rolleyes1
Sounds good to me. I think it's my parade & Wishes night (I'm not doing the MVMCP), so MK would be fun. Or DTD. Or during the day. Or . . . :lmao:

Sounds good to me. I think it's my parade & Wishes night (I'm not doing the MVMCP), so MK would be fun. Or DTD. Or during the day. Or . . . :lmao:

have not checked the schedule for Dec... But I guess for now we can narrow the venue to DTD or MK??!!! :goodvibes

OK I'm new to all of this - where can I find the Google Calendar???

Also - we have an Illuminations Cruise booked on December 2nd and don't have anyone else confirmed yet - as of now it's just the two of us, so we could either take 4 more couples- or we could take a family with children for a total of 10 of you plus two of us. Cruises can handle 10-12 depending on the number of children. I am thinking $38.00 per person which would include the tip for the captain/driver.

Yes, it's expensive - BUT it's such a GREAT view of Illuminations - especially since the Holiday tag will be in place on the 2nd! OH how I LOVE Illuminations!

so far am coercing snykymom TGIW meet on Dec. 15.. time/location still debating betwen MK or DTD :thumbsup2
I can meet on Dec. 15, as of now. Evening for me must be in MK; I will not miss the Electrical Parade or Wishes. After MK closes, DTD is fine. A meal or drinks is fine, too. I'm not on the DP, but I will have the TiW, so up to 10 people can get 20% off on the adult beverages. Keep me posted!

I can meet on Dec. 15, as of now. Evening for me must be in MK; I will not miss the Electrical Parade or Wishes. After MK closes, DTD is fine. A meal or drinks is fine, too. I'm not on the DP, but I will have the TiW, so up to 10 people can get 20% off on the adult beverages. Keep me posted!

me too not on DP!!! are you having an MK Day on the 15th ??? Maybe hit the 3 mountains and a rest at CoP agenda for the meet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter