Dec.original contract - add on Sept. UY?

tb1972

DVC since 2012
Please help me think this through! We have our main original contract OKW Dec. UY. We made a bid on a smaller OKW contract with Sept. UY. Dec & Sept at the same resort...will this be difficult to manage?

For months I've tried to find another small Dec. UY but no luck. I even am flexible with resorts. The 30 points came up yesterday for Sept. and I jumped without thinking much about Sept.

Would it be best to have earlier in the year - March for instance - to match with my Dec. contract? Typically we vacation in Spring or Fall.

Thanks!
Tabatha

It will be like two separate memberships.

You will have different banking deadlines.

You cannot combine points from two memberships to pay for a single night. To do that, you would have to transfer points between the two contracts. That uses up your one transfer per use year per contract for both contracts.(Without transferring points, you can reserve nights from each contract and then ask MS to link them together. While you may not / should not have to change rooms, it is possible that you would have to get new keys between the reservations. Apparently, there are some issues with the new computer system as far as linking goes).

I do not know how online booking works when one member has more than one contract. Someone else will let you know about that. :)

Many here manage more than one contract. It takes more effort, but it can be done.

We have a 275 point Sept contract and a 50 point Dec contract. I will transfer the Dec contract points to the Sept contract from time to time. Or if I need more than the 50 points and need to borrow, I will make a separate reservation with the smaller contract and ask for them to be linked. You will have to check out and check back in, but you should be able to stay in the same room as long as you have the same type villa.

It did mess up our housekeeping on this trip, though.

Having more than one UY is double the work and possibly, double the problems.

Unless you have a good reason for different UY's I wouldn't bother.

FYI - we have 2 UY's because at the time I didn't know any better, we have sold all but one contract in the UY that doesn't fit our preferred vacation period.

:earsboy: Bill

We have three different memberships/Use Years and have had as many as four in the past. We have never lost a single point and have not had any problem tracking/banking our points. The different memberships are at two different resorts.

While points cannot be combined for reservations without transferring, MS does allow members with multiple memberships to transfer point between them without affecting their once-per-year status. We have done this on a couple of occasions even after already transferring points to other members from the same Use Year.

With the information now available on the Member website and the email reminders about banking deadlines, tracking points and banking are a pretty easy task.

We have enjoyed the flexibility having multiple Use Years provides us. Even without transferring, with banking/borrowing, making reservations with multiple Use Years is easily managed and MS can link such reservations together for you. September will still work well for fall and spring reservations.

Enjoy the additional points and extra flexibility! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter