Dec. 7th Wonder

bnelvr

Earning My Ears
Everyone else is asking.......soooooooo where are the people for the Dec. 7th Wonder?

Well, I guess I'll start! We'll be a party of nine--
DH and I (50 something), with DS (28) and his wife (23--I think), and their daughter (3 1/2), who all come from the beautiful New Jersey Shore, where today it will be in the mid-70's. We don't often get beach days in November! DH's sister and her husband (40 something) and their son (13 1/2) and daughter (8 1/2) will be with us also, from more congested, urbanized northern New Jersey. This will be DH's and my third DCL cruise (all four nights on Wonder), and everyone else's first cruise of any kind. We love DCL, and are beginning to consider a 7 night, possibly as early as February if I can work out the details.

Before we cruise, we'll be at Port Orleans Riverside for five nights (son and his family will be there for all five nights, sister-in-law and her family will join us on Thursday), and after the cruise, we return for three more nights to Port Orleans Riverside and then move on to Pop Century for opening night, plus two more. That part of the trip will be just us--six glorious nights at WDW to explore what WE want to see for a change (it's our 27th visit there, but there's always something new to see).

I can't wait to board the ship and meet everyone! Perhaps we can set up a meet. My room will be very close to the "secret deck" on Deck 7, so if everyone wants, I'll coordinate something!

Beth

Coordinate away! I would love to meet other cruisers. This is our first trip on the Wonder and I am already looking forward to the next!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God, not much longer to go. I'm already singing "Sailing, Sailing.......

Hmm...if it's just the three groups who posted here, there won't be much coordinating to do!

PM me with ideas for a time for a meet and I'll start working on it!

I started packing yesterday--I packed my DCL lanyards from my first cruise so that I don't forget them. I'm traveling for a week for business on 11/17, so I really have to get organized.

Beth

Not many has replyed.......jgoens is in my group so there is just the other 2 of you to meet up with. How about getting together some time the first night at one of the clubs. Open for any ideas. I too have started packing......well, gathering stuff to pack. These boards are great! Lots of ideas. See ya all soon.

Ok, so I didn't read the names. Beth is the only other one????? Well if the ship is that empty, what are the chances of an upgrade???? Wishful thinking!:p

Hmm...I really would like to try one of the suites! There are nine people in my party, in three rooms. I'll take a suite (with DH) and the rest of them can fend for themselves ;) LOL!! Wouldn't that be nice?

First night is great--we have late seating for dinner, but will be free after that!

There's at least one other family (unless it's one of you) who communicated at least for a while with my brother-in-law and his family, so there still aren't many.

Beth

I have had the pleasure of some PM with you Beth, and I keep reminding my DD to email her friend for the cruise!!

My family will be on the Wonder as well! We'll be at the POLY from Dec 3 - 7; this is our first cruise ever for all of us! We are getting soooo excited! No documents for us yet, i'm ready for that package!

Hi, ohMom!

I knew you were out there somewhere! No docs here, yet, either, but I booked our flights yesterday--at least for DH, me, and son and his family. Sister-in-law's group are still trying to work out their details so that they can come down one day early (Dec. 3). We got a great rate out of LaGuardia, and since the BIL who's coming with us is a limo driver, and not coming down or returning the same days we are, we got a "family discount" on our ride to the airport, too!

I can't wait to meet everyone! I'm going to be very busy for the next two weeks because I'll be away for a week for my job. It's a terrible thing--I have to spend a week in an oceanfront hotel in Atlantic City. I wonder if I can handle it?! LOL. I'm going to try to win enough money while I'm there to cover the cost of my cruise. Last year, I won $35.00. It didn't quite cover the cost of the cruise, but it did pay for an extra souvenir!

I'll be reading this group, though, so if anyone has ideas for a meet, post here, PM or email me (please use bethc1952@yahoo.com if you want to reach me that way).

Beth

this is an extremely busy month for me too, and I don't have time for the boards like I WISH!

DH and I did some trip planning today and i'm really getting excited about this!! Anyone planning on going to a wine-tasting seminar? I would love too. Also, I have been thinking about maybe trying to find time for the girls night at the spa?

We are newbies so I don't know that i'll have great input for any meet plans - we are planning on staying onboard at Nassau, with the exception of a trip to the market maybe :)

Here is the list from the unofficial cruise list:

BethC1952
bnelvr
Caballero
ColeenD
JGoens
lisacristwell
ohMom
Rosemary
Willowwind

Our crew consist of me(39 going on 40), DW(41), DD(10 almost 11), and DS(8). We are flying in on DEC 6th. and will be spending the night at the Radison. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter