Dec 28, '04 - ONE WEEK from today we'll be "fill in the blank"

200 days! Boy how time flies

Woooooo Hoooooo - we're more than 1/2 way there (from when we booked)

It must be a small DIS board group going on this one! Only 6 months to go-- Yeah!!! So far, so good, it is still a great surprise for our daughter on Christmas morning. She thinks we are cruising over spring break in March. Counting down the days. Kathy

Wow, this will be one small DIS meet! I wonder if the travel agencies didn't buy up all the cabins and will run "deals" this fall? Not everyone plans 1+ year in advance right?

We are also surprising the kids (DS7 and DD5 at the time) on Christmas morning. I'm not sure how, but I'm leaning towards the treasure hunt to find puzzle pieces that make up the "Mickey Boat".

I've been watching airfare and it's going nowhere right now. I hope to see some deals around Labor Day - at that point I'll be ready to book as once Oct. hits I seriously doubt we'll see any lower prices!

Keep cool everyone - less than 6 months to go!

So here's my question: Since we're in Cozumel on New Year's Eve, will that be a formal night? And if so, do we have Mexican for dinner or the special dinner? And does Cozumel have a fireworks display for New Year's Eve, and, if so, would the Magic stay there for the display, or would we just be out of luck and out at sea?

Oops. That was four questions!:teeth:

I thought we were in Cayman on NYE?

12/28 Tues - Pt C
12/29 Wed - Key West
12/30 Thur - at sea
12/31 Fri - Cayman
1/1 Sat - Cozumel
1/2 Sun - at sea
1/3 Mon - Castaway (what a way to start the week!)
1/4 Pt C

So, I'm thinking they will make it Formal night because we leave Cayman so early (5ish) and we'll just be "at sea" for midnight. We actually had secret porthole rooms for this cruise, but moved to Deck 2 ($100 difference in price) because for special events, they CM told us they store the stuff by the secret porthole rooms and they'll be more obstructed (at least through Friday night). We loved the portholes last year so we didn't want to take a chance on having less of a view.

I think they may make it Captain's night (lobster?) or just have the regular menu + special choices? Dave's site (dcltribute.com) does have a NYE menu on it and I think someone said it's in addition to the regular menu.

The few people that have posted about NYE in the past said they LOVED it - I am SO excited!

It should be an interesting crowd the next day at Cozumel tho -that's the typical 'party' spot for the Western cruise - wonder if a lot of folks will party two nights in a row (ok, it is a cruise and EVERY night is a party). It is a good thing that we're there late that day as I can't see many folks getting up early!

I know! I've read things about the New Year cruises too, and I can't wait! We'll also be celbrating my 30th birthday, and I think I'll add on the REAS package, just to top it all off!

We're also sitting here wondering what movies will be playing, both at the Prem-Ear and in the Buena Vista Theater. Of course, the Fantastics, Around the World in 80 Days (I hope), Hidalgo (may be too old by then), etc. We love movies!

I can't believe that there are so few dis'ers for this cruise. I think we are going to surprise our kids also. We went on the NYE cruise last year and it was a great time. When we rebooked on board I don't think we really thought we would keep the date but we had a really good time so now we are trying to make it happen. The only problem is that I am a teacher and I am not sure I can get the extra days off. I am going to talk to my boss today to see if we can work something out.
I also added the REAS package. SInce the spa prices went up this became an even better deal and now the only reservations we'll have to make are for FLounder's.

Hi all! We are booked for this cruise too. We were supposed to go in October and my sister decided to get married...good for her bad for us - the kids were really disappointed.

I am a little nervous about how full the boat is. Last time we went on the Disney cruise over springbreak it felt like too many people. I'd love to hear about last year.

What is the REAS package?

Ruth

hello everyone!

My mom and I (almost 17 y.o. :D ) are very interested in going on the New Years Cruise, but according to our TA from AAA, it is sold out without a waiting list to even be put on. Do any of you know what we could do or who we could talk to to get a room booked? We would love to cruise with you and add some more disers to this cruise! Any information you could give us would be great. Thanks!
Becky

You could try to e-mail Dreams Unlimited (sponsor of the Cruise Line forum). I know it is officially sold out, but they may have access to a block of rooms.

The REAS package is a $299 add-on (Romantic Escape at Sea) which includes a couple massage, dinner at Palo's, turn-down service (rose petals, champagne), breakfast in stateroom (special menu) and the ability to pre-book your reservation requests (Palo, spa, and even ask for a certain rotation).

If you do a search on the cruise line forum board, you'll get LOADS of info on REAS.

GeneralMax - how old are you children?
SingingTink - I hope you can find a room!

SingingTink
Probably the best advice is to keep trying. People cancel all the time, and when the the 60 day mark hits in October, there may be more cruisers that give up their reservations. You think it wouldn't be that difficult to get a room for two. If you do get ressies let us know, I also have a 17yo DD going on that cruise. Good Luck!

Thanks for your suggestions. We were able to find a GTY room, but it would cost us almost $4,000 for just the two of us. We are considering it, but it just seems like too much money for a cat.9 room. We will keep looking though!

Becky

Well, it looks like we will not be cruising with you after all. We found a great cruise on another line, and for much cheaper! Thanks for all your help though and I hope you all have a wonderful time!
Becky

Hi all -

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but we are having major computer issues with our e-mail. I was just wondering why no one was posting anything on this board. It was not the board it is our e-mail.:(

I have two kids a daughter who will be thirteen and a son who will be almost 10 ( Feb 1). We have friends with a child my sons age who may also go on this cruise and my daughter is feeling pretty bad about that - thinking she will be the odd man out. If any of you have 13 year olds let me know. She would be looking forward to this more if she had a friend

Ruth

:hyper: I'm going! I am really looking forward to this cruise! I was on the Eastern New Years cruise last year and we (me and my now EX-girlfriend) had a great time....! So, has anyone heard about anything special they are doing for this cruise? I am looking forward to getting to know you all between now and then! I will have the Roy O. Disney Suite , so maybe I can host a Little DIS-mixer there during our adventures! :jumping1:

Congrats, LegalBriefs! You know, we're all going to hold you to that little par-tay in your fancy schmancy cabin! Just let us know when! We should all plan to meet in the Promenade Lounge before dinner or something. Sort of a Meet & Greet. What do you guys think?

:hyper: Well, one thought would be to do what we are planning on doing on the September 4th cruise, to get together for a Champagne Brunch Together... :idea: All we need is one person to be the contact person (NOT ME, LOL) :tongue: who we give our names and staterooms to, and they make the reservation for the group... :thewave:

What do y'all think about that?

Of course the "Get-together" I suggested at my room is still a "Go" so this is not intended as a substitution.... :drinking1

Welcome LegalBriefs, and thanks for all the great suggested get-togethers. I won't volunteer to organize, as this is our first cruise, but it definitely sounds like fun.
Can I ask if you have any kids or teens traveling with you? We are DH, myself, DD17, and DD12.

No, I have no kids, and the only person I know for sure will be going is me... lol.. I made the reservation a while back when I was with my ex-girlfriend, and we have since broken up... So... I'll probably take a Girlfriend-du-jour :love2: or one of my :wave: friends... its just waaaay too much room for just me... lol... :chat: But, as you may have noticed already, I am a fairly social guy, so I have no problem going by myself if it comes down to that, and just make friends as I go... I've taken trips to europe by myself and returned home with an address book full of new :grouphug: friends... lol.. My only concern is that I noticed from last year that the New Year's cruise tends to be more couples and familys than other times of the year... well, I have quite a while to figure it out... :idea:

Was there a reason you asked about kids? Did you have questions? From my experience with Friends on Board with kids, they rarely saw them... they have sooooo many fun things for them to do that the kids have a blast and the parents can :cloud9: relax...!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter