Debt Dumpers 2022

That substantial bonus? It never came. All I got was a “We see your efforts and extra time you worked.” Needless to say, I am frustrated. That said, after a couple weeks of reflection, I’m going to take advantage of some training the company offers and have an exit plan of two years.

After losing Dad last year, I don’t want to be miserable. Mom is looking at a part time job (because she wants to) and we are considering moving in with her, since she has a 2600 s.f. house and our kids have flown the coop. We’re still tossing that around.

Financial: now researching an attorney for my DH because the WC company refuses to return his emails and calls.

Happy news: still loving flower farming and I have 161 days until Disney!

so sorry for all you are going through. on the workman's comp-before you pay for an attorney by any chance does your state have a division of workman's comp that monitors? if so you might contact them to rattle things up. in states where there is state disability insurance i've also known individuals to be able to draw from it while their workman's comp claim is pending (then it's coordinated to repay the state).

if you all can get along together it sure sounds like it could be a good deal for you to move in with you mom. i noticed when our oldest had to move back in for a month to recover from surgery the utility increase was negligible so if that's the case being able to share in the costs of that alone could be a huge savings for both households.

hope your hubby's toe is on the mend.

Mid-June Update:

My 2022 Financial Goals:
  • Pay off our Camry loan (currently sitting just under $12k)....This has now been paid off and replaced with our home equity loan payment.
  • Continue to pay extra to our Highlander loan (especially once the Camry is paid off)....Back to paying an extra $50 on top of my $450/mo payment.
  • Save an extra $1000 towards my main savings account outside of my automatic monthly transfers....$50/$1000...since I need to re-pay $2000 we'll see if I'm able to add this extra like I wanted too.
  • Save money for the following expenses: cat/gifts/annual credit card fees....Added $75 5/31
  • Save $$ for family trip (tentatively April 2023)....Added $250 6/15
  • Re-pay $2000 that I borrowed from my main savings to pay off the Camry loan....$535/2000...3/31 repaid $150, 4/29 added $235, 5/15 $150
  • *New* Wasn't originally a goal, but I upped my DH's retirement contributions by 1%. He received an unexpected raise/COLA so I figured I'd go ahead and up this. We're now saving a total of 16% from his paychecks towards retirement. I may also increase my contributions once my 2% raise goes into effect for my July check. If I'm correct I'm at roughly 11% savings from my paychecks.
My 2022 Personal Goals:
  • Professional pool replaster/remodel …..The pool is complete and it looks amazing!!!
  • Exercise at least 4 times a week....Yeahhhh..I don't wanna talk about this lol.
  • Spend less money on items that we don't need....I need a better way to keep track of this.
  • *New* Sell more items from around the house that I don't need to add to my vacation savings....I've posted a bunch of stuff on Mercari, but it's moving slow. I may try moving things over to eBay and see if that's any better.
Thankfully June has been better than May as far as personal life goes. Don't honestly have a whole lot to report. It sounds like our family Hawaii trip is changing yet again. Now instead of Aulani it sounds like we may be doing Disney World instead. I got some quotes yesterday and we're supposed to be talking about it as a family on Sunday. My DH and I are also considering taking another vacation somewhere between now and April, but we aren't sure where yet. Hope everyone is having a good June so far! Happy early Father's day to all you father's, or mother's that have to take on both roles, or anyone else who takes on a father role in someone's life.

anyone have any good/bad/avoid like the plague recommendations on brands of gas stove/ovens? uuuuuuuugh-my over the stove microwave died and at 11 years of age it's not worth it to repair it. i've heard all the horror stories of long waits on appliances and it got me to realize we bought our stove/oven at the same time so while i can get by for the foreseeable future with the $59 counter top microwave i snagged at the store yesterday i would be in a world of hurt if the stove went out and i had to wait months on end for so much as a part so i'm thinking it's better to 'bite the bullet' and just replace both at the same time. there's just so many brands out there i'm unfamiliar with-anyone have an recommendations before we head out to browse in the next few days?

anyone have any good/bad/avoid like the plague recommendations on brands of gas stove/ovens? uuuuuuuugh-my over the stove microwave died and at 11 years of age it's not worth it to repair it. i've heard all the horror stories of long waits on appliances and it got me to realize we bought our stove/oven at the same time so while i can get by for the foreseeable future with the $59 counter top microwave i snagged at the store yesterday i would be in a world of hurt if the stove went out and i had to wait months on end for so much as a part so i'm thinking it's better to 'bite the bullet' and just replace both at the same time. there's just so many brands out there i'm unfamiliar with-anyone have an recommendations before we head out to browse in the next few days?

Inventory is totally dependent on what you're ordering. We've had to get a new washer and dryer within the past year + at separate times. Both were items lowes had in stock and we didn't have to wait a long time. I think it'll depend on who you buy it from and cost since from posts I've read the higher in price you go the longer it may take to get. I would imagine anything that needs a chip from cars on down is still going to have issues.

I don't have any recommendations on a gas stove/oven since we have electric, but we have this over the range microwave and have had no issues with it. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-...gerprint-Resistant-Black-Stainless/1000259753 We've had it for 4 years and haven't had any issues and it works great.

Haven't checked in in a while, but here's the latest from me.

Mid June Update

• Mortgage: Reduce balance by 22% with ideal payoff in December 2025 (moved this goal up 6 months – I think it’s doable) May: 9% decrease. I am changing this goal a bit based on some other decisions I have made. But it should be down approximately 16% by the end of the year. My payoff date will most likely get pushed back, but I’m not concerned about that – I was being overly aggressive in the first place.
  • Savings: Increase savings balance by 10% May: 11% increase. This will take a hit for June as I pulled money out for reasons mentioned down below (new car), but I still think this will be attainable by the end of the year.
  • 401K: Max out contributions: Completed (based on current rate of contribution)
  • HSA: Max out contributions: Completed (based on current rate of contribution + planned one-time contribution)
  • DS16’s 529: Contribute $2500 Completed – We received our final bonus payment from my prior company since we have been acquired so I used that to complete this goal for the year.
  • A new one, because I felt like I was a little spend happy this past year: Reduce year over year spending in discretionary budget by 5% (includes things like Gifts, Clothing, Entertainment, Dining Out, etc). Year to Date: 15% over last year’s spending (comparing Jan-May 2021 to Jan-May 2022). I fully expected this – outside of December, May is my highest spend month of the year.
  • Transfer ownership of ‘09 Honda to DS26 (he has been using it for the past 3 years anyway). Changing this up. Made maybe not the best financial decision, but it was the best decision for my kids and what they need. I am taking back the Honda and DS17 will drive that (much better for our insurance and if he puts a dent in a 13 year old car, I won’t care). I am going to give my 2019 Kia to DS26 – it has low mileage and he has a need for a reliable commuter car and could use the financial help right now as he wants to potentially do school, so I want to do what I can for him. I just bought myself a new to me car. I have a car payment again, but it’s truly not a hardship for me. Just means some of my other financial goals (like aggressive paydown of mortgage) may get slowed down a little, but I’m fine with making that adjustment. Next month I will add a goal to begin paying down the car.
  • Fund used vehicle for DS16 with cash. No longer applicable. Will remove for next update.

2022 Personal Goals

• Get a will drawn up (third times a charm?) Not started and to be honest, with younger DS now edging towards 18, I will probably just wait and do this once he hits adulthood.
  • Get DS17's driver’s license DONE!! He got his license Monday. Now he just needs a job.
  • Vacation: Have a long weekend to Atlanta planned with my sister to visit my niece over 4th of July.
  • Get healthier – make better food choices and exercise. Slowly doing better at this – been regularly walking in the mornings, eating better, and am down 7 lbs. So, at least some progress. I have a potential medical need to be down at least 20 lbs (ideally 30-40) by this fall, so that is helping motivate me.
  • Paint great room. Not started and feeling pretty certain this won't happen this year. Just not a priority for me.

did it-bought both a new over the range microwave and a new stove. went out thinking we would just look and decide over the next week or so what microwave we wanted and at least inquire how available/ far out stoves are averaging in case ours decided to kaplotz BUT when we learned that the ones we we inclined to go with as well as the micorwave we liked are running a minimum 6 months on back order :faint: we jumped on an opportunity to get the 1 of each they had in stock (no one else locally has them either). oh well, at least both the store and bosch have rebates going so that offset some of the sticker shock.

did it-bought both a new over the range microwave and a new stove. went out thinking we would just look and decide over the next week or so what microwave we wanted and at least inquire how available/ far out stoves are averaging in case ours decided to kaplotz BUT when we learned that the ones we we inclined to go with as well as the micorwave we liked are running a minimum 6 months on back order :faint: we jumped on an opportunity to get the 1 of each they had in stock (no one else locally has them either). oh well, at least both the store and bosch have rebates going so that offset some of the sticker shock.
You can also see if your power supplier is offering any rebates. Our electric company was offering a $50 rebate for them to recycle our old fridge. This was last fall and I recently saw they increased it to $100. They pick it up and mail the check a few weeks later. Good for us and the environment. :thumbsup2

A day early for me. I don't actually get paid till tomorrow, but since we spent way more money last month than we normally do (still not even sure how or on what) I had to move some money around. So I think with pretty much all my goals there won't be any kind of a change for this update. But I'm committed to posting so here goes lol.

End of June Update:

My 2022 Financial Goals:
  • Pay off our Camry loan (currently sitting just under $12k)....This has now been paid off and replaced with our home equity loan payment.
  • Continue to pay extra to our Highlander loan (especially once the Camry is paid off)....Only paying my normal payment this month due to excess spending.
  • Save an extra $1000 towards my main savings account outside of my automatic monthly transfers....$50/$1000...no change.
  • Save money for the following expenses: cat/gifts/annual credit card fees....No additional money added.
  • Save $$ for family trip (tentatively April 2023)....No additional money added.
  • Re-pay $2000 that I borrowed from my main savings to pay off the Camry loan....$535/2000...no additional money added.
  • *New* Wasn't originally a goal, but I upped my DH's retirement contributions by 1%. He received an unexpected raise/COLA so I figured I'd go ahead and up this. We're now saving a total of 16% from his paychecks towards retirement. I may also increase my contributions once my 2% raise goes into effect for my July check. If I'm correct I'm at roughly 11% savings from my paychecks....my raise will only end up being 1% since my work is upping our retirement contributions by 1% (thanks inflation!) So I don't know if I'll end up upping my contributions or not.
My 2022 Personal Goals:
  • Professional pool replaster/remodel …..The pool is complete and it looks amazing!!!
  • Exercise at least 4 times a week....Still lacking some serious motivation, even though I need to find it again.
  • Spend less money on items that we don't need....Definitely need a better way to keep track of this after the last month. I have been pretty conscious of not trying to pick up random items that we don't need, especially while at Costco. I've also avoided going to the store just because I'm bored.
  • *New* Sell more items from around the house that I don't need to add to my vacation savings....I've sold a few things on Mercari, but a lot of stuff is still just sitting there. I created an eBay account and I think I'm going to try my luck over there. Once again I just lack the motivation lol.
So as I mentioned in my last update, our family vacation did end up changing. We aren't doing Aulani, or Disney World, instead everyone finally settled on taking a cruise. This one is 100% happening since we've already booked rooms and paid the deposit so there is no take backsies lol. We will be heading out on the Carnival Panorama in April! Even though I've done this itinerary numerous times (Mexican Riviera) I'm still really excited since we haven't been on the Panorama yet. I'm pretty much the travel planner of the group and my in-laws had me book everyone in balcony rooms. We went through a travel agent so each room will be receiving on board credit and my father in law mentioned to me over the weekend that he wants to buy $500 in cruise cash for each room for us to use on whatever we want. Since we'll be sailing out of Long Beach our travel costs also won't be as much money as we were thinking. I think we'll end up driving down the night before and staying at a hotel with a cruise and stay package. So between my father in law giving us a decent chunk of spending money and our travel costs not being super high, I don't think we're going to have to save up nearly as much money as originally planned for this vacation. Yay savings!

I'd like to do something for our anniversary in August, but I honestly don't have any idea what. We're limited to just the weekend can't find something budget friendly but still enjoyable. We'll be heading out to Texas over labor day weekend (super excited for it!) and then 2 weeks later we'll be headed to Disneyland for Halloween time/my in-laws actually anniversary. Disneyland will just be a super quick weekend trip, but between it and Texas it's leaving me not wanting to spend a lot of money on our anniversary.

My work has told us that starting August 1st we're to go back in the office at least 3-days a week which I am not at all happy or excited about. But I've also heard through the grapevine that our union is fighting this, so only time will tell what ends up actually happening. Oh! We did finally get a gazebo for our backyard that I'm really excited about. It's a hard top which we've been wanting, but didn't want to spend the money on. My hubby still needs to finish putting the roof on it (we ran out of daylight over the weekend), but it already looks so good! Seriously makes our backyard feel much more luxurious. We originally purchased a soft top at Lowes because we were having problems finding something that we liked in the price range we wanted to be in. Well FedEx ended up losing our package, I spent countless hours making phone calls to both FedEx and Lowes, all to be told by Lowes that they couldn't do anything until FedEx finally updated their system to say they don't have it. (The tracking number is still to this day stuck on "in transit.") So I ended up doing a charge back with my credit card company because I was done playing their games. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since we ended up finding one we liked better at Home Depot for only a few hundred more. It was on back order when I ordered it, but came in over the weekend.

I don't really feel like I have much else exciting going on at the moment. Just trying to stay afloat, budget better, and stock up on items when I find them on sale since inflation is stupid. I hope everyone is having a terrific summer and has a great 4th of July weekend (if you're celebrating!). Stay safe out their friends.

1656532715212.png

Attachments

• 1656532634343.png
    1656532634343.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 1
Checking in for the end of the June. Not much progress, but I wanted to keep myself on track with reporting in!

1. Debt - Focusing on Student loan #1 - balance is $9490. Original maturity date 7/2029. Current balance is $5590.74 5291.31. Estimated payoff month is 7/2023 6/2023. Slowly but surely this one is coming down!

2. Long Term Savings - Windows/Siding/House painting $6750/55000 No change.

3. Budget Focus - Get food/drink/dining out costs under control. Eh... there's always July to get back on track. :guilty:

4. Cash for Vacation - WDW/Legoland trip budget. $85/$8500 still. Planning on making a dent in this in July since it's a 3 paycheck month.

5. Retirement Contributions - Continue 401k, 403b and monthly non retirement investment account contributions. Extra $5000 to retirement this year. 0/$5000 I have $4500 pulled aside but haven't decided it this is all going right now or if some needs to be diverted - I haven't sent this in yet; next month has the potential to be expensive for auto repairs. My husband's Jeep is in the shop but we don't know what, if anything, is wrong with it. :confused3 He just didn't like the way it was driving, said he heard something weird, and then smelled ozone after parking. Hoping it's minor or something related to all the work we just had done to it (so they have to cover repairs). I'd really like to hold onto this for several more years.

We will for sure have to pay the deductible on mine. On the first night of our road trip last month, someone lost their bbq grill on the highway and didn't know/care to go find it. I unfortunately found it with the front of my Highlander. :headache: It was at 11pm at night, so very dark, and I had two semi trucks behind me. We are VERY lucky that it wasn't worse and we weren't hurt. But I am annoyed that because someone didn't properly tie down their grill, I will have to pay several hundred dollars. Fortunately we have the money, which I know isn't the case for many people, and there was a time that this repair would have been a serious strain financially for us.

6. Trust - really need to complete this. I dropped the ball and I know it needs to be a priority. We've met with an attorney, I just need to gather all the paperwork he needs. No progress.

7. Part time work/income - I received my last paycheck from subbing and decided half would go towards my IRA and the other half to vacations. I have already been approved to sub next school year and will probably do the same division.

Personal Goals
1. Focus on health In February, I want to start adding in exercise at least 3x week and make sure I hit my step goal every day (currently set at 12,500). Hit my step goal 16 days and got through a 6 sessions of C25K. Doing better but still needs improvement! Down 12.5 lbs though! I have played several short games of tag with my son... does that count? :scratchin:rotfl:

2. House Projects. Focus on one room/area a month to tackle. My summer project is to get my upstairs sorted and actually get my sewing area set up. It's a huge area so I need to break this up into more manageable chunks. I just don't know where I want to start yet. Spent lots of time with week moving his Lego upstairs and sorting them. It's tedious but coming along!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2022 Financial Goals
- Focus on paying down private student loans until federal loans go back into repayment. Current combined balance is $48,425.96, a decrease of $331.80. Not really going full steam on this because I made so many additional payments that I don't have a required minimum payment at this time. I'm paying about $100 per paycheck to cover daily interest and the rest goes to principal. I'm cash flowing several trips/outings planned throughout the rest of the year because that's what's making me happy right now.
- Save for a new car - Now that I do mostly street driving, and gas costs being so high, I want to trade in my car and buy a hybrid. I'm looking at a '22 Toyota Rav4. Estimating a $35k cost and want to have 3/4 of it with savings and trade-in value of my corolla. I estimate I could have this by summer 2023. - $0/$15,000. I will start actively saving in September after I return from my vacation of the year.
- Buy a new ECV scooter. $1375/ $2000 - I want to purchase this before my San Diego weekend trip in August

2022 Other Goals:
Health:
- Increase physical activity to be consistent 4x a week - It has been crazy hot this month so haven't been able to get out much. Having trouble getting the motivation to be consistent. I want to try to do better in July with my Universal trip coming up. I'll have an ECV but want to not be fully dependent on it if I can help it.
- Find feasible healthier eating options - Struggling with this because I'm at that point that food is meh and convenience is my priority.

Financial Wins
I received my annual car insurance renewal offer from AAA t the beginning of the month and my insurance cost was HALF of what I had budgeted. So happy! I threw that extra money into a new ECV scooter fund.

Stopping by...
We are still chugging along. We're still managing to pay our regular cc off each month and now our truck fund is just over $10k.
Dh's check engine light is on again and July is inspection month for him. (For some reason I thought it was August.) His coworker is going to try something else to correct what is making the light turn on. I renewed his registration asap which has come in the mail and told him, as soon as the light goes out, quick run through inspection, before it comes back on again.

We are doing a short cruise in mid September. Looking forward to that.
I am so desperate for a beach day. Monday is looking like good weather for that so we'll probably get up early and take a day trip. :beach: It's only about an hour drive for us. I got a new beach umbrella last year and never even got to use it last summer.

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans. :flower3::shamrock: :drinking1

Take care everyone and be safe out there. :goodvibes :grouphug:

A day early for me. I don't actually get paid till tomorrow, but since we spent way more money last month than we normally do (still not even sure how or on what) I had to move some money around. So I think with pretty much all my goals there won't be any kind of a change for this update. But I'm committed to posting so here goes lol.

End of June Update:

My 2022 Financial Goals:
  • Continue to pay extra to our Highlander loan (especially once the Camry is paid off)....Only paying my normal payment this month due to excess spending.
  • Save an extra $1000 towards my main savings account outside of my automatic monthly transfers....$50/$1000...no change.
  • Save money for the following expenses: cat/gifts/annual credit card fees....No additional money added.
  • Save $$ for family trip (tentatively April 2023)....No additional money added.
  • Re-pay $2000 that I borrowed from my main savings to pay off the Camry loan....$535/2000...no additional money added.
  • *New* Wasn't originally a goal, but I upped my DH's retirement contributions by 1%. He received an unexpected raise/COLA so I figured I'd go ahead and up this. We're now saving a total of 16% from his paychecks towards retirement. I may also increase my contributions once my 2% raise goes into effect for my July check. If I'm correct I'm at roughly 11% savings from my paychecks....my raise will only end up being 1% since my work is upping our retirement contributions by 1% (thanks inflation!) So I don't know if I'll end up upping my contributions or not.
My 2022 Personal Goals:
  • Exercise at least 4 times a week....Still lacking some serious motivation, even though I need to find it again.
  • Spend less money on items that we don't need....Definitely need a better way to keep track of this after the last month. I have been pretty conscious of not trying to pick up random items that we don't need, especially while at Costco. I've also avoided going to the store just because I'm bored.
  • *New* Sell more items from around the house that I don't need to add to my vacation savings....I've sold a few things on Mercari, but a lot of stuff is still just sitting there. I created an eBay account and I think I'm going to try my luck over there. Once again I just lack the motivation lol.
So as I mentioned in my last update, our family vacation did end up changing. We aren't doing Aulani, or Disney World, instead everyone finally settled on taking a cruise. This one is 100% happening since we've already booked rooms and paid the deposit so there is no take backsies lol. We will be heading out on the Carnival Panorama in April! Even though I've done this itinerary numerous times (Mexican Riviera) I'm still really excited since we haven't been on the Panorama yet. I'm pretty much the travel planner of the group and my in-laws had me book everyone in balcony rooms. We went through a travel agent so each room will be receiving on board credit and my father in law mentioned to me over the weekend that he wants to buy $500 in cruise cash for each room for us to use on whatever we want. Since we'll be sailing out of Long Beach our travel costs also won't be as much money as we were thinking. I think we'll end up driving down the night before and staying at a hotel with a cruise and stay package. So between my father in law giving us a decent chunk of spending money and our travel costs not being super high, I don't think we're going to have to save up nearly as much money as originally planned for this vacation. Yay savings!

I'd like to do something for our anniversary in August, but I honestly don't have any idea what. We're limited to just the weekend can't find something budget friendly but still enjoyable. We'll be heading out to Texas over labor day weekend (super excited for it!) and then 2 weeks later we'll be headed to Disneyland for Halloween time/my in-laws actually anniversary. Disneyland will just be a super quick weekend trip, but between it and Texas it's leaving me not wanting to spend a lot of money on our anniversary.

My work has told us that starting August 1st we're to go back in the office at least 3-days a week which I am not at all happy or excited about. But I've also heard through the grapevine that our union is fighting this, so only time will tell what ends up actually happening. Oh! We did finally get a gazebo for our backyard that I'm really excited about. It's a hard top which we've been wanting, but didn't want to spend the money on. My hubby still needs to finish putting the roof on it (we ran out of daylight over the weekend), but it already looks so good! Seriously makes our backyard feel much more luxurious. We originally purchased a soft top at Lowes because we were having problems finding something that we liked in the price range we wanted to be in. Well FedEx ended up losing our package, I spent countless hours making phone calls to both FedEx and Lowes, all to be told by Lowes that they couldn't do anything until FedEx finally updated their system to say they don't have it. (The tracking number is still to this day stuck on "in transit.") So I ended up doing a charge back with my credit card company because I was done playing their games. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since we ended up finding one we liked better at Home Depot for only a few hundred more. It was on back order when I ordered it, but came in over the weekend.

I don't really feel like I have much else exciting going on at the moment. Just trying to stay afloat, budget better, and stock up on items when I find them on sale since inflation is stupid. I hope everyone is having a terrific summer and has a great 4th of July weekend (if you're celebrating!). Stay safe out their friends.

View attachment 680324
I understand about your work situation. We were home for 2 years, then in early March, we discussed a hybrid which we were expecting. Then, out-of-the-blue, we were required to be in the office 5 days a week and no possibility of hybrid. We were blindsided! Actually went to our Union and filed grievances. Now, we are 3 days in office/2 days at home but we had to fight like hell for it. Needless to say, it makes for an uncomfortable situation at work.

I find places that are demanding people go back to work maddening. Obviously things worked for 2 years remotely, why do you need people back in the office? I'm definitely eyeing my current workplace which is still on 'trial hybrid' and it's like...just decide, guys. Because I need to make childcare plans if you're going to call us into the office suddenly. Or I need to be job hunting for something full remote!

So, haha, ugh, I am the worst at everything when it comes to dumping debt. June was not good. Two expensive unexpected dental bills (well I expected one but not 2!), no movement on my husband's job search, even though we told them to pause oil for the summer THEY MADE A DELIVERY and I'm SUPER MAD ABOUT IT, made some purchases for beach stuff so we can have fun on the weekends and hopefully not spend MORE money trying to do fun stuff with the kids, had to buy camp stuff and it's like...it just never ends! The only good thing is that I got a raise July 1st, though that won't kick in for 2 weeks and won't counteract the crazy inflation but...yay?

Goals for July:
-Get the Credit card under 15k. The credit card is giving me stress and I'm throwing all available money at it. Running it up is totally my fault--we're supposed to do a Disney cruise in October for our anniversary and I found a GTY room that was like 1k cheaper than what we were paying but required full payment up front. So I don't feel too bad about that, but it did drive the card up.
-Eat out less. We did better than we have been in June but it's still RIDICULOUS and needs to stop.
-Actually start taking care of myself. It's just non stop stress and I am heavier than I have ever been in my life! I need to get out and start walking in the morning.
-Clean. Our place is a disaster. This should get better once the kids start day camp next week and I'm on vacation. As of this July we've been in our house for 2 years and I still feel like I haven't figured out where everything goes or how best to organize things!
-Win the lottery. I can dream, right?

I find places that are demanding people go back to work maddening. Obviously things worked for 2 years remotely, why do you need people back in the office? I'm definitely eyeing my current workplace which is still on 'trial hybrid' and it's like...just decide, guys. Because I need to make childcare plans if you're going to call us into the office suddenly. Or I need to be job hunting for something full remote!

So, haha, ugh, I am the worst at everything when it comes to dumping debt. June was not good. Two expensive unexpected dental bills (well I expected one but not 2!), no movement on my husband's job search, even though we told them to pause oil for the summer THEY MADE A DELIVERY and I'm SUPER MAD ABOUT IT, made some purchases for beach stuff so we can have fun on the weekends and hopefully not spend MORE money trying to do fun stuff with the kids, had to buy camp stuff and it's like...it just never ends! The only good thing is that I got a raise July 1st, though that won't kick in for 2 weeks and won't counteract the crazy inflation but...yay?

Goals for July:
-Get the Credit card under 15k. The credit card is giving me stress and I'm throwing all available money at it. Running it up is totally my fault--we're supposed to do a Disney cruise in October for our anniversary and I found a GTY room that was like 1k cheaper than what we were paying but required full payment up front. So I don't feel too bad about that, but it did drive the card up.
-Eat out less. We did better than we have been in June but it's still RIDICULOUS and needs to stop.
-Actually start taking care of myself. It's just non stop stress and I am heavier than I have ever been in my life! I need to get out and start walking in the morning.
-Clean. Our place is a disaster. This should get better once the kids start day camp next week and I'm on vacation. As of this July we've been in our house for 2 years and I still feel like I haven't figured out where everything goes or how best to organize things!
-Win the lottery. I can dream, right?
Those VGT rates sucked me in too. It was around $900 less for just 2 of us on a 4-night sailing. We had a great aft cabin until I saw how much we could save and decided I’d rather have the discounted price.
Wishing you strength in attacking your cc. You CAN do it. For me, it helps to only focus on one goal at a time.

Those VGT rates sucked me in too. It was around $900 less for just 2 of us on a 4-night sailing. We had a great aft cabin until I saw how much we could save and decided I’d rather have the discounted price.
Wishing you strength in attacking your cc. You CAN do it. For me, it helps to only focus on one goal at a time.

What's funny is I wasn't even looking for cheaper rates--I was just doing searches for fun (everyone does that right??) and it popped up and I was like...wait why is that price cheaper than the one we're currently paying?? I had no idea they could open those up at any time, I thought things always got more expensive! Booked, cancelled the other one, now I just hope we're not in an awful room!

And yeah, while of course my goal is PAY OFF COMPLETELY that's a bit overwhelming so I like to make small goals: under 15k then under 10k, then 5k, etc. I think they finally fixed the issue with my tooth (the one I ACTUALLY wanted them to work on!) so here's hoping no more $600 a pop dental visits in my future.

What's funny is I wasn't even looking for cheaper rates--I was just doing searches for fun (everyone does that right??) and it popped up and I was like...wait why is that price cheaper than the one we're currently paying?? I had no idea they could open those up at any time, I thought things always got more expensive! Booked, cancelled the other one, now I just hope we're not in an awful room!

And yeah, while of course my goal is PAY OFF COMPLETELY that's a bit overwhelming so I like to make small goals: under 15k then under 10k, then 5k, etc. I think they finally fixed the issue with my tooth (the one I ACTUALLY wanted them to work on!) so here's hoping no more $600 a pop dental visits in my future.
We’ve booked VGT a few times. I think this was our 4th. We’ve never had a bad cabin. Usually mid-ship. The worst thing we had to deal with was being on deck 10 on the Dream. Deck 11 has somewhat of an overhang which made it hard to see the fireworks from our balcony. For $900, I can live with that. :goodvibes

I find places that are demanding people go back to work maddening. Obviously things worked for 2 years remotely, why do you need people back in the office?

i think while it might have seemingly worked it isn't ideal for some situations and while customers were understanding of it during the height of the pandemic it may no longer be the case. i've personally never made a complaint to a company about it but i will say that it's frustrating after having dealt with phone tree hell and then sitting on hold for ages to reach someone by phone only to have the call repeatedly interrupted due to crying children, children asking for something, the employee's doorbell ringing...totally understandable with kiddos and i can sympathize but when i'm trying to have a business conversation and need specific detailed info. it becomes much more time consuming and frequently less productive with the interruptions some employees have at home vs. an office. i also wonder/worry about cyber security issues-i suspect employers did their best security wise during times that demanded work from home for their staff but to truly protect data on hundreds if not thousands of individual computers in individual homes entails much more than the piece meal protections that were thrown together because of the pandemic.

if work from home becomes more the norm the one thing i would really suggest employers do is to issue dedicated phones with caller i.d. that identifies their company. i do not (nor do most people i know) answer calls from numbers i don't recognize so i have to imagine that many others like myself have ignored phone calls from remote worker's private phones. i have to imagine this impacts their productivity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter