Debt Dumpers - 2015

So I stopped by my old workplace today to make a charitable contribution to the charity they support (I do this every year and didn't want to skip just because I stopped working there) and my old boss handed me a card with $250 inside!

I bought myself a small cross body purse for our trip and some food for next week and our trip but I've still got a nice chunk left over. So now I'm considering taking this money and splurging on one day tickets to either Disney or Universal.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a plan to me!!

If you are asking for recommendations, I'd say get a one day park hopper for Universal. It's a lot easier to see/do everything there in 1 day than it is at Disney.

So I stopped by my old workplace today to make a charitable contribution to the charity they support (I do this every year and didn't want to skip just because I stopped working there) and my old boss handed me a card with $250 inside!

I bought myself a small cross body purse for our trip and some food for next week and our trip but I've still got a nice chunk left over. So now I'm considering taking this money and splurging on one day tickets to either Disney or Universal.

What do you guys think?

I bet that was a shock to you!!

We started YNAB last night... yikes! We've had an expensive month with the new house, but we've also eaten out WAAAY too much. This is really our first time putting together a budget, so it should be eye opening!

Just confirmed that my mom can watch our dog, so looks like we're going! Flying out Friday morning and flying home Monday afternoon! Now to determine if Saturday or Sunday is better to go to DL... Oh man, I really think this trip is the perfect little pick-me-up I need!

We recently started YNAB too! We jumped on the bandwagon around the 19th or 20th of October, but I went in and put all our expenses for month to date at that time. I literally cried when I saw the out to eat totals. We kicked it way down in November, but this month has been pretty bad again ::sigh:: I will say that YNAB has definitely been not only eye opening, but helpful in seeing where all our money goes and actually creating a budget that works. I might not like the budget categories and coordinating limits but it most definitely helps :rotfl:

AWESOME about the DL trip, have a great time!!!

Well, I've been spending a bit more this week than planned. The holidays can do that I suppose. I'm already thinking about January though and beginning my plan of attack for the year! Has a 2016 thread been started already?

Have a great Christmas to those who celebrate it!!

Well, I've been spending a bit more this week than planned. The holidays can do that I suppose. I'm already thinking about January though and beginning my plan of attack for the year! Has a 2016 thread been started already?

Have a great Christmas to those who celebrate it!!

Merry Christmas! And yes, a 2016 thread was started yesterday by Gracie, please everyone join us over there!
Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/debt-dumpers-2016.3470092/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter