Debt Dumpers - 2015

dayvewc

DIS Veteran
Well, everyone. We have 2 weeks until the New Year, and so I thought I'd get us rolling on shedding the debt monster. Hoping that knowing I'm signed up here will help me control my last-minute impulse Christmas buys.

Here's to hoping that smooth sailing to positive net worth lies ahead for everyone!!

Lets all get on the bus to getting those debts under control!!

Whoo-hoo!! We can do it!! :cool1:

:offtopic: Are there any more metaphors I can mix? ;)

Great! We're still swimming along!
All of our holiday shopping is done and hasn't knocked me off our debt pay down schedule.

Following! We are onboard for some huge debt dumping next year. I re-focused on my YNAB budgeting and have a plan for us. WOOT!

Thanks for starting the new thread.

Plans are great! YNAB just stopped me from over spending for Christmas - I was tempted to add to my presents, but looked at what I have left in the Christmas budget and decided that I was done (everyone has enough, so it isn't like I'm being a Scrooge).

I was a late follower for the 2014 thread and I hope to be an active participant of 2015.

Things probably won't get moving until February or March as my DH will not be receiving a paycheck while he is on leave from Afghanistan, and I am on am Extended Leave of Absence, hoping to return to work in February/March as well.

Really need to knock a lot of debt out :)

I'm in again. In 2015 I will pay off my car which will free up a huge snowball to roll into other things.
Working on my budget right now, in fact.

I'm so in!

2012 ended horribly for us (DH had surgery and 10 days later DS had a horrific car accident) This meant DH and I were both off work/hardly working for the first 3 months of 2013. We went through all our savings and had to live on credit cards for awhile. I picked up a part time retail job a few months ago and we now have ALL the medical bills paid off.

Our goal this year is to tackle the credit card debt and build the savings back up so that I can quit the extra job!

I'm so in!

2012 ended horribly for us (DH had surgery and 10 days later DS had a horrific car accident) This meant DH and I were both off work/hardly working for the first 3 months of 2013. We went through all our savings and had to live on credit cards for awhile. I picked up a part time retail job a few months ago and we now have ALL the medical bills paid off.

Our goal this year is to tackle the credit card debt and build the savings back up so that I can quit the extra job!

OH, wow, hope your son is okay, that had to be as scary as heck. You know what, you had savings, and that is what our savings is suppose to do to help us. Don't worry about those credit cards, because you have acknowledged your debt and you are not ignoring it.

I am in. I will probably need emotional support after my debt support.

I mentioned in the 2014 thread my dd is getting in married in April.
Life does throws you curve balls-let's just say, the mother of the groom is just throwing them from Minnesota to Wisconsin. I love my dd-but wow are weddings expensive.

I would love to join for 2015. I made some great progress in 2014 then life hit us hard. I don't want to go another year without reaching our goals.

I literally JUST made three payments to eliminate two medical bills and my ICR. I also have a loan that is outrageous - 12.99% that I will be paying off in the next day or two.

My BIGGEST problem is starting the snowball and not using this new "found" money for other stuff. Any suggestions? I could make great progress but get sidetracked in wanting to spend it....

I literally JUST made three payments to eliminate two medical bills and my ICR. I also have a loan that is outrageous - 12.99% that I will be paying off in the next day or two.

My BIGGEST problem is starting the snowball and not using this new "found" money for other stuff. Any suggestions? I could make great progress but get sidetracked in wanting to spend it....

It's like a diet, write down everything so you can see it. I have the same problem. I have to remember to apply that $175 to my next bill.

Just me, I preschedule all my bills a month in advance. When 1 bill pays off, I don't ever "see" the "found money", I just increase another bill by that amount. The money that is left for me to spend stays pretty constant in my "visible" account, so I just don't have to think about it.

2015 will be the year to start working on student loan debt :crazy2: I graduated 1 year ago and have them deferred so far. Luckily I only owe ~$10,000. My SO just graduated a few days ago and has upwards of 25k in student loans :guilty:

I have loads of credit card debt that will take over two years to pay off but hope to cut it in half this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter