Debt Dumpers - 2014

DH was just told today that they are changing his pay from a lump sum every pay period to a reduced amount with a commission component. I just figured our budget out with the old system and will now have to go back and refigure everything. I know it's not the end of the world but now there is the element of the unknown and that is a little worrysome to me. Hopefully all will work out for the best. Thanks for listening to me crab!!

Hope things work out for the best for you!! Sorry you have to redo your budget - and I am with you 100% on being uneasy with the unknown. But is it possible that he could actually make more in some of the commission? Or he is maxed out at what his lump sum was?

After talking to my DH yesterday it looks as we may be in a better position with the new pay system. I think that I have figured out how we will need to rework the budget but am going to sit down today to actually crunch the numbers. Thanks again for listening to my worries.

Is it okay if I join in from England.

I have a large mortgage and I'm concentrating on getting that down but it's small steps at the moment.

I also borrowed money so I could take over the mortgage in my sole name (when I divorced) so I'm trying to repay that first.

Also we have a holiday to Disney planned and we're currently trying to save the majority of the money for it from our monthly food budget. We allocate £500 per month in a separate bank account and then transfer £200 per month into the Florida fund!

I tend get a discount on gift cards due to the company I work for so I buy a gift card each month for my supermarket spend and it helps keep me in budget.

Any other spends go on my credit card to earn reward points to use for treat meals out!

X

I'm in again. We took a step backward in December. Dh had some medical expenses and our FSA ran out of money so we will have to pay the rest of his medical bill. He also game me a nice little present. Our tire got a hole in it, we had to buy a new one and my son had an extra tooth that needed to be removed. Plus I spent a little too much during christmas and Dh gets paid on commission and his last check was half what it usually is. That will teach me to not count my eggs before they hatch. :)

The good news is that he somehow got discover to get our APR down to 3.9. So we have one cc with 0% interest and then another with 3.9. Hopefully we can get them knocked out in 2 to 3 months. Our truck payment will be paid in full this summer with minimum payments. So it will be nice to have that paid off too. I'm hoping for a nice refund this year that we can throw at whatever is left when we receive it. :) Then the mortgage will be all that is left and no way will that be finished in 2014...unless I win the lottery. :)

Is it okay if I join in from England.

I have a large mortgage and I'm concentrating on getting that down but it's small steps at the moment.

I also borrowed money so I could take over the mortgage in my sole name (when I divorced) so I'm trying to repay that first.

Also we have a holiday to Disney planned and we're currently trying to save the majority of the money for it from our monthly food budget. We allocate £500 per month in a separate bank account and then transfer £200 per month into the Florida fund!

I tend get a discount on gift cards due to the company I work for so I buy a gift card each month for my supermarket spend and it helps keep me in budget.

Any other spends go on my credit card to earn reward points to use for treat meals out!

X

Of course it is okay to join from England!!! Everyone is welcome on this thread :thumbsup2

I'm in again. We took a step backward in December. Dh had some medical expenses and our FSA ran out of money so we will have to pay the rest of his medical bill. He also game me a nice little present. Our tire got a hole in it, we had to buy a new one and my son had an extra tooth that needed to be removed. Plus I spent a little too much during christmas and Dh gets paid on commission and his last check was half what it usually is. That will teach me to not count my eggs before they hatch. :)

The good news is that he somehow got discover to get our APR down to 3.9. So we have one cc with 0% interest and then another with 3.9. Hopefully we can get them knocked out in 2 to 3 months. Our truck payment will be paid in full this summer with minimum payments. So it will be nice to have that paid off too. I'm hoping for a nice refund this year that we can throw at whatever is left when we receive it. :) Then the mortgage will be all that is left and no way will that be finished in 2014...unless I win the lottery. :)

Got to love the unexpected expenses that always throw us off track :headache: Congrats to your dh for getting the apr down to 3.9% :thumbsup2

I'm in again. We accrued the same amount of debt as we dumped this past year. We totally misjudged how much travel ball would cost and our DD fell in love with musical theater and was in 5 shows this year. That coupled with a reduction in my pay did not make for some good months. We now have a grip on actual costs so can save more for their activities. We are on board to dump our debt!

Of course it is okay to join from England!!! Everyone is welcome on this thread :thumbsup2

Thank you!

I'm working on both saving and generating extra cash.

I've just started a little vintage clothes business so I'm hoping that will start to earn me some profit soon to help repay my mortgage deposit debt!!

Hey everyone!

I'd like to join in! I'm committed to improving our financial situation, but know that I'll need some motivation to help me keep on track. Thanks for being so welcoming to newbies!

This weekend I'll be revamping our YNAB to put even more toward our big financial goals.

I'm also going to make a plan to get some more side projects going to bring in some extra income.

Anyone have any great blogs they read for inspiration? I love The Simple Dollar and Girls Just Wanna Have Funds, but I'm always looking for others.

Hey everyone!

I'd like to join in! I'm committed to improving our financial situation, but know that I'll need some motivation to help me keep on track. Thanks for being so welcoming to newbies!

This weekend I'll be revamping our YNAB to put even more toward our big financial goals.

I'm also going to make a plan to get some more side projects going to bring in some extra income.

Anyone have any great blogs they read for inspiration? I love The Simple Dollar and Girls Just Wanna Have Funds, but I'm always looking for others.

Thanks for posting those blogs! I haven't read any blogs but definitely plan on taking a look at them. The main thing that got me through was this thread and having my mind made up to finally get out of debt :thumbsup2

If you want to coupon or just watch sales, I love couponingtodisney.com and iheart publix.com. If you don't have a publix near you she also does iheartkroger.com and iheartsavingmoney.com.

I like iheartcvs.com . CVS is walking-distance from my house and I am there every day for something. I get so much for free there after coupons, clearance, etc. It's awesome!

mommyburns said:
If you want to coupon or just watch sales, I love couponingtodisney.com and iheart publix.com. If you don't have a publix near you she also does iheartkroger.com and iheartsavingmoney.com.

Thank you! I will add those to my "Penny Saved" file--though I don't pay too much attention to those unless I have a specific need.

I finally figured out that it's too easy for me to start thinking I NEED to take advantage of a deal just because its there. I do better financially and heathfully by cooking from scratch than I did with couponing. Self discovery is cool.

The blogs I mentioned are much more about getting out of debt or building wealth. Ready for Zero and Punch Debt in the Face are two others I read regularly.

The issue I have is I don't know it all goes.

Doing okay but know I can do much better.

So this year I have a spread sheet with the months across the top and 2 sets of data.

The first set of data is stuff "we need" its not all necessary to live but its the stuff that makes life well livable. Here is things like house payment, utility bill, trash bill. "luxury" things like cable and internet.

The second set is for groceries, fuel, work related and "receipts" basically anything that doesn't fit goes here.

Now the logic behind this is simple the 1st set of data doesn't change all that much month to moth. Most if not all of these things I have had for years so I know what they cost.

What I am interested in is the bottom set. How much do we spend on groceries? How about just stuff like a soda or eating lunch out its a small amount each time so it doesn't set off an alarm when done.

Lastly I totaled each line both ways so I can see what the phone costs per year and I can also see what I spent in January. Be nice to see where the hot spots are.

I knew our water rates were doubling, I just forgot to put it in our budget. So instead of having a $140 water bill each quarter, my bill came and it was $280. It stinks knowing we used the same amount of water, but we have to pay twice as much. In March our Village is putting. $25 fee on the water bill to pay for garbage and recycling pick up. I used to pay $52 every quarter for these special bags they made us buy for our garbage. So many people cheated and took their garbage to work and threw garbage in work dumpsters or dumped them illegally in Business owners dumpsters. The $100 I am saving in garbage bays will have to go to the extra $500 or more for our water and sewer bill.

We made a move midway through the year for my husband's career and while it did a number on our finances, we both know it was the best move for the long-term of his career. That said, we also have a little credit card debt, need a new car at some point this year... you know, the usual.

Count me in for Debt Dumpers 2014!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter