"Dear Amy"

I have a question to those who believe it's a choice...

Would you guys treat a person you've known for a long time (family member, best friend, etc.) differently if they announced they were gay?

I already have a family member who is lesbian, and let me tell you, her life sucks!! Those were her exact words. She hates her life right now. Currently she's seeking help, and its really helping. She told me on the phone the other day that she now isn't as attracted to females as she once was.

Do I still love her? YES! She has a great sense of humor and is totally fun to be around. Some of her choices she has made in her life, I definitely do not agree with, but in the end, she is a family member and we love her unconditionally. Thats also the way God see's us. We're his children. Its unconditional love despite our wrongdoings.

Fine okay, that's what I meant, (english is not my first language), but one cannot possibly tell right from wrong while you are a baby or a child. It's your choice if you want to be gay or not.
ashley im finally here lol :)anyway im not gonna say your wrong and im not gonna say your right,in my case, your wrong. ever since 1st grade id be like "oh that guys hot" and not think anything of it. i remember asking my mom when i was 5 if it was OK to think guys were cute. and one day i said that and said " hey, doesn't that mean im gay?' and i was aloss but the gay&lesbian peeps helped me out happily ever after lmao. but anyway as rosiep said "..didn't choose to be gay, i just accepted it" so theres my 2cents

What's wrong with that?

I wasn't saying anything was wrong with it other than the fact that it's a very, very, very religion ruled area. The people around here tend to take the bible as the absolute word of God, when, as I said earlier, it's a translation of a translation of a translation of someone recording what they remembered someone saying about what someone else said.

It's bound to get distorted.

Sonya said it best several pages ago; it's like a giant game of telephone. Some things will get taken out, others added, and the overall meaning will change a little bit, as the translations are not completely equal, word to word. What I mean by that is that there may be a Latin word for something that there isn't a Spanish word for, so they go with the closest word to it in the translation. Then they translate it to Italian, and they have a bunch of words that match the Spanish word well enough, so they pick one, and on, and on.

But none of them have the exact same definition.

Aside from the fact that the bible isn't completely fitting for modern times. In biblical times, if you committed adultery, you would be stoned to death, and that really doesn't work. It doesn't always work, and we can't swear by all of it.

God didn't create gay people. Gay people created themselves. Since God is perfect, he's not going to make a mistake by mixing wires in our brain and making us like the same sex. It's the devil (Satan) who created gay people, not God.

Satan didn't create gays. God created everyone, gay or straight.

Well all that ive said so far, obviously applies to everyone who believes in God, the bible, and Satan.

Really? That applies to everyone that believes in God, the Bible, and Satan?

And I'm still trying to figure out how the "babies don't think" arguement is at all convincing. They have instincts, and that proves that, and they don't make choices, and combined with instinct proves that homosexuality is not a choice.

God didn't create gay people. Gay people created themselves. Since God is perfect, he's not going to make a mistake by mixing wires in our brain and making us like the same sex. It's the devil (Satan) who created gay people, not God.

wow. i honestly can't believe you posted something likes that. gay people created themselves? ahahahah. your opinions will never be valid to me now that you said satan is my father. lovelyyy.

omg lol!! its cuz i have "nights in white satin" (moody blues band) stuck in my head >_<

I have a question to those who believe it's a choice...

Would you guys treat a person you've known for a long time (family member, best friend, etc.) differently if they announced they were gay?

Nope. Well at least i don't think i do.
There's a boy in school though and now he's come out as gay the whole year wants to be his best friend. Honestly he's going shopping and stuff with people who used to bully him.

Ahhh gosh, we have a gay guy in mah classes.

He's so awesome! And funny. He'll start randomly singing random songs. His favorite singer is Madonna...

And he wants to major in fashion design!!

:)

Ahhh gosh, we have a gay guy in mah classes.

He's so awesome! And funny. He'll start randomly singing random songs. His favorite singer is Madonna...

And he wants to major in fashion design!!

:)

The next Christian Siriano. "Fierce!" "Hot tranny mess."

Sorry..couldn't resist.

This is my opinion so no flames....
I think David is absolutely right. One cannot possibly be born homosexual because you cannot think when you are a baby. When a person knows what's right and wrong, that is the time when they can make their own choices. One of those choices is whether to be gay or not. If you are lesbian, you can't expect everyone to be one, so I think it's wrong to sexually harasss your coworkers, especially if there is no consent between the sexual activity.

When you are a baby you are not attracted to anyone..

You do not decide which sex you are attracted to, you are just attracted to them !

When you see a guy or a girl you find physicaly attractive you are interested in them!

And usualy it is guy to a girl or girl to a guy but in homosexual people it is girl to girl guy to guy. You can not choose who you are attracted to, it just happens!

i do not see the problem with homosexuality at all, you fall in love with you you fall in love with, love is love !

To say nobody can be born homosexual, is the same as to say nobody can be born straight.

wow. i honestly can't believe you posted something likes that. gay people created themselves? ahahahah. your opinions will never be valid to me now that you said satan is my father. lovelyyy.

so i guess anyone who supports gays is a satanist?

WOOOHOO !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter