DDP Question - adult vs. child credits

irazabul

Mouseketeer
Hi: I was wondering about the DIS/MS advice on ordering adult meals with child credits and that they cannot distinguish point. The advice is to order adult meals and pay separately for the child. However on the DDP Q&A, it says that you cannot do that. Can someone give me the lowdown, please?

thanks.

I hope you are wearing riot gear :rotfl2: :lmao:

This is a VERY heated debate here at the dis. I think that WDW will soon be changing the A/C credits so that the C credits can only be used for C meals. I have no proof of this, its just a rumor, but it **DOES** make sense. Personally, I say that if you dont feel guilty about *getting away with it* and you still can, go for it. Just be prepared with a back-up supply of cash, credit or debit, JIC. popcorn::

PS~ check out the DDP section of this forum. Lots of good information

The brochure change indicating that child credits muct be used for children is relatively new. Therefore DIsney seems to be officially saying that child credits need to be used for children's dining.

Just because there was no separation of credits as adult or children's using child's credits to pay for adult meals seems to defy the spirit of the plan. It seems that change is on the horizon to prevent abuse of the system. But who knows. :confused3

patsal said:
The brochure change indicating that child credits muct be used for children is relatively new. Therefore DIsney seems to be officially saying that child credits need to be used for children's dining.

Just because there was no separation of credits as adult or children's using child's credits to pay for adult meals seems to defy the spirit of the plan. It seems that change is on the horizon to prevent abuse of the system. But who knows. :confused3

But it's not new. There was always the "rule" that children must order from the children's menu, when one is available. Then Disney added the FAQ page to the brochure (Honestly, I think it's due to the zillions of DIS posters who call disney dining to ask them questions about it.). The plan is a piece of cake. Pay for it, go to disney, order your food, hand over your room card to the CM- they deduct the appropriate meals, enjoy your dining experience, go to the next stop in your itinerary! :)

It's speculation until Disney separates the credits. Disney does NOT expect the guest to keep a spreadsheet of their used credits to be sure they are using the appropriate number of child/adult credits. IF disney does have a problem with it, I suppose it would be more about table service meals than counter service meals because there's more of a price difference between C and A meals at TS restaurants than at CS restaurants. (I know that at least twice my children's meals exceeded mine in price at Pop food court!)

irazabul said:
Hi: I was wondering about the DIS/MS advice on ordering adult meals with child credits and that they cannot distinguish point. The advice is to order adult meals and pay separately for the child. However on the DDP Q&A, it says that you cannot do that. Can someone give me the lowdown, please?

thanks.

Disney has now officially stated child entitlements aren't to be used to purchase adult meals.

Following the advice to pay out of pocket for kids meals and use
the "banked" credits for adult meals is cheating and Disney is taking steps to prevent unethical guests from cheating. Until/unless credits are actually seperated you may find some restaurants won't let you pay out of pocket for kids meals.

Ok, a little different question on the kids meal. My kids are 11,17 so both adults in disney's eyes.
Now I know there are going to be some TS meals when my 11 yr old will not want anything from the adult menu, but would be very happy with Mac and Cheese from the kids meal. Can I order him the kids meal and pay out of pocket for it, saving his TS credit for a meal when he will order off the adult menu OR can he order adult appy, desert but the kids entree and we will pay adult TS for it?

Bev

Bev J said:
Ok, a little different question on the kids meal. My kids are 11,17 so both adults in disney's eyes.
Now I know there are going to be some TS meals when my 11 yr old will not want anything from the adult menu, but would be very happy with Mac and Cheese from the kids meal. Can I order him the kids meal and pay out of pocket for it, saving his TS credit for a meal when he will order off the adult menu OR can he order adult appy, desert but the kids entree and we will pay adult TS for it?

Bev

Some people have reported luck in explaining to the CMs that their "adult" kids don't want anything from the adult menu but would like one of the children's entrees with their adult appetizer and dessert- the entree would usually be the child's entree but in an adult portion when brought to the table. Does that make sense?

Thanks Alica, I was hoping for that. We usually are able to do this at resturants at home too. Although I hate to pay $9 for mac and cheese, but DS is happy and eats every bite, with no complaints!....guess that makes it worth it.
Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter