DDP for some and not all at dinner

mom2ee

Mouseketeer
5 of us will be on DxDP and 2 will be on no plan. If I don't want dessert and one of the "no plan people" does, may I order it and "share" with them? Please don't flame me, I just don't want food to go to waste.

I'm not sure except that what we did was use one of our credits only (out of two of us) and then shared the meal with each other. That way it allowed us to spread our credits out over the week a little better.

I don't see why you can't share dessert. Although it's possible they were okay with this because we were both on the plan. . .

PS anyone flaming you for this question (or any question) would be lame and not worth listening to anyway. There's way too much waste of food in this country; your post is a great question.

yes you can share your dessert. While they won't let you order a full extra meal & use a credit to buy a meal for someone not on the plan, you can order the meal you're entitled to and then share it with someone else.

We ate at Tutto Italia in January with friends...we were on the dining plan and they were paying cash for their meal. We ordered 2 apps (hubby & I were on deluxe dining) The server delivered the apps with 4 plates, obviously expecting us to share. The waiter did the same thing when we ordered our 2 desserts...brought out the 2 desserts with 2 extra plates and 4 dessert spoons. We did not ask for extra plates in either instance, and the waiter knew which 2 people were on the dining plan and which 2 were paying cash so he'd know how to split the checks. It was just obvious they fully expected sharing at the table.

Yeah, I think the answer is technically "no", but in practice you're likely to not have a problem with what you're suggesting.

thanks. we we obviously going to pay for the entrees for the people not on the plan. not expecting to "share and entree". would just like to be able to share desserts as we will have 5 desserts and 7 people, and not a single one of us really "needs" the desserts. trying to avoid a situation and not trying to "get something".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter