DDP Causing Some Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear you have had surgery, but I can see where a computer can help pass recovery time away.

I however, am one of the people whom you have insulted and offended with your posts...not just in this thread. I've read several of your posts throughout this board and haven't seen you say very nice things. It's all about you...you're inconvenienced...you don't like average people breathing your air and eating in the same restaurants...you don't even like the food on the cruise ship...:headache:

I cannot understand for the life of me: A) Why even go to Disney World anymore if you can't stand the peasants who you are forced to share your rich air with and GASP forced to EAT with making you unable to dine.:confused3

Why don't you vacation with the rich and famous? It must make your skin crawl to have to be elbow to elbow with the working class :faint:

I understand that you are speaking your mind, which we all do, but you continue to insult with each time you post. We all work hard for our money - maybe you don't, maybe you never have - but the Disney Dining Plan is not responsible for your lack of sense before you open your mouth, so to speak.

If you desire to DINE and not just EAT, and are tired of lines in parks and other people's children, what have you...DON'T come here to complain about it and here's a thought...don't go. :mad: I know the whole thing started because you have a hard time getting into a restaurant even when you can get on a plane, with little to no notice.

Do what the rest of us do, plan ahead. You can even call from the park from your cell phone (or have your nanny or the poor schmuck who has to carry your bags through the park) dial the number...I too have been lucky enough to take last minute weekend trips, with no advance ADR's, and have absolutely no problem getting in some place to eat. OR...GASP...get counter service!:scared:

I have traveled with and without the dining plan...the dining plan saves me a ton of money...for a family of three we saved well over $75/day. However, with or without a dining plan, a DDE card, etc...when I am on vacation, I will eat at nice restaurants. So does everyone else. And hey - if I can save money at the same time, even better! That means that I can either: 1) stay even longer or 2) make multiple trips and hopefully "bump" into someone like you and ruin their day by eating food that I PAY FOR WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY.

And hate to tell ya...even at places like Olive Garden you can't get in right away, so what would make you think that it'd be any different in Disney World. We average people are EVERYWHERE:scared:

Oh...and do rich people "self-tag" or do their concierge's do it for them??:lmao: Can't buy a tag??????pirate:

Very well put

To OP Like this poster said you have to wait at place like Olive Garden. And I am sure the places that you Dine if you don't have a reservation or a $100 to give the hostess you have to wait.

My final point to you, you have just a good of chance of getting and ADR as me or anyone else in the parks. You just have to plan or have somebody plan ahead. And on those spur of the moment spontaneous trips. Why not be totally spontaneous and leave it to the luck of the draw where you eat that night?

Good luck with your recovery! I know major surgery can put a damper on ones spirits so I will assume that is the reason behind your mean attitude. I wish nothing but the best for you.

I amsuprised this thread has not been locked down yet. I've seen threads shut down for much less verbal abuse than is going on here.

I agree, this thread has long since left the spirit of the disboards behind. Everyone is entitled to their opinions without being berated eternally for having one. Enough has been said, lets move on.

I agree, this thread has long since left the spirit of the disboards behind. Everyone is entitled to their opinions without being berated eternally for having one. Enough has been said, lets move on.

I don't think the majority of posters on this thread are berating the OP for her OPINION. It is her self righteous attitude that has so many people ticked off.

Like I stated before, I will be taking the OP's spot at any high-end restaurant I desire, not because of the DDP, but because I plan ahead....just like Disney recommends!

Ok, I am curious about something. The OP has stated that she is recovering from a very serious surgery and the computer has helped pass the time. This leads me to believe it is difficult for her to get out of the house. Some of the other posts lead me to believe that she has taken recent trips to WDW and others are planned in the near future. Something here doesnt add up to me. PLease correct if I am wrong.

I don't think the majority of posters on this thread are berating the OP for her OPINION. It is her self righteous attitude that has so many people ticked off.

I have to agree. People are not mad about her opinion on the dining plan making it hard to get into a restuarant, people are mad about the fact that she insinuated people who are on the DDP don't have the right to eat at those restuarants (yes, I know she never directly said that, but I am obviously not the only one who felt that was what she meant.)

Recovering from life threatening surgery. The computer has helped pass the time.

I can understand that, I just meant maybe you shouldn't be judging people who have the time to post a long message on the boards, when you obviously also have a lot of free time. Maybe that person is also recovering from a serious injury. I would think you of all people would have compassion for him/her.

Although, we obviously don't see eye to eye on many subjects, I do hope you have a speedy recovery and all goes well with it.

:sad2: I really don't know what this is all about??? There's no difference between the people who get the DDP and people who don't. Some want to pay for the meals ahead of time and some don't.:confused3 We choose not to get the dining plan...Iam no different then the person next to me at the same resturant who paid for there meal ahead of time on the DDP. Were eatting the same food! I've been to Disney every year for the past 14 years, I have never had a problem getting reservations ahead of time. Sometimes we don't know where we want to eat and take a chance once were down there to get reservations and sometimes were lucky and sometimes were not..no big deal..I never once thought it was because of the people on the DDP. I think its time to put his thread to bed. :badpc: Now everyone kiss and make up!:hug:

To clarify we DO NOT walk up to TS restaurants expecting to be seated but for those of us who throw together a last minute get aways to Disney 4-6 times a year it is quit annoying. Plus they are going to start loosing people who actually pay for their meals....some flames back at you!

Doesn't anyone who purchases the DDP PAY for it?:confused3 If it's always free I want in. As for not being able to get in certain restaurants on last minute trips that's just the way it goes. Sorry! My sister was whining to me this morning because they can't get a room on site for the first week of April. Well duh!!! I can't wait until the last minute and get a reservation at the most popular local restaurant either. There is a reason why it is popular. As popular as WDW is, I'm surprised you can get in ANYWHERE at the last minute.

Ok, I am curious about something. The OP has stated that she is recovering from a very serious surgery and the computer has helped pass the time. This leads me to believe it is difficult for her to get out of the house. Some of the other posts lead me to believe that she has taken recent trips to WDW and others are planned in the near future. Something here doesnt add up to me. PLease correct if I am wrong.

I noticed this too...
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1338030

I'm going to divert the topic for just a moment. I really enjoy reading a fairly well known financial advisor and author. His opinion is that generally those people who take lavish expensive vacations and drive big flashy cars only appear wealthy. The lady in front of you at the grocery store that has a stack of coupons and drives a Dodge Caravan probably has more cash in the bank. I also deal with a lot of people and their finances and have found that the people who need to discuss their wealth probably don't have it.

Therefore on my road to getting rich I ALWAYS use the DDP. It suits my families needs (we would eat in these places anyway) and why would I ever want to pay more for something when I could pay less.. Ask any truly wealthy woman and she'll tell you where to buy Prada at a discount. To pay more for something needlessly does not make you wealthy, it makes you rather stupid.

Oh and I'm not rich yet, but I'm clipping those coupons! :goodvibes
Good Luck everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_ja

I noticed this too...

Yeah, from just a quick look there was a "recent" trip mentioned on 1/22, the trip at the begining of this month, and the trip in two weeks. Again, something here just doesnt seem right. I guess the auditor in me is coming out. Wow, need to suppress that.

Oh_Noes.jpg

To clarify we DO NOT walk up to TS restaurants expecting to be seated but for those of us who throw together a last minute get aways to Disney 4-6 times a year it is quit annoying. Plus they are going to start loosing people who actually pay for their meals....some flames back at you!

i have only read the 1st page of this thread so far, but this is ridiculous! WE DO PAY FOR OUR FOOD....WE JUST PAY IN ADVANCE....and by doing so, we recieve a discount! just like any other place you go to and book "all inclusive" everything is paid for in advance. do you ever see the ads for a concert or something like that.....tickets are $____ in advance and $____ at the door? you get a discount for paying in advance, same thing.

Disney wants us to stay on site for our ENTIRE stay (fine by me!!!:banana: ), and if we guarantee them we will do that by buying the DDP, then they will discount our meals.....everybody wins IMO!

this is just silly! if you don't like it, plan ahead. otherwise take your chances.

i prefer to plan ahead so i'm not disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_ja

I noticed this too...

Yeah, from just a quick look there was a "recent" trip mentioned on 1/22, the trip at the begining of this month, and the trip in two weeks. Again, something here just doesnt seem right. I guess the auditor in me is coming out. Wow, need to suppress that.

Makes one wonder doesn't it

If your going in 2 weeks why are you having such a hard time getting ADR's.

I just talked to Dinning today and the host at Ohana's (we are so staying at the Poly next time - off topic but just had to put it out there). I was able to change my 9 am breakfast at Ohana's to 11 am last night at 9 pm. I was able to get into Alfredo's and San Angel Inn for today and tomorrow for dinner at 9 am this morning.

Right now you can at anywhere you want last minute because it's not busy. Last week we had some trouble, but as long as we were willing to work with our times we could get into anywhere with little notice. And I booked those ADRs 2 weeks before my trip.

I think you are just complaining for the sake of complaining, because if I can do with little to no notice, I'm sure you can.

We've always eaten at TS before the dining plan and we still do, only we now take advantage of the dining plan! i looove having my food paid for in advance! that's an awesome feeling!

As far as not being able to get reservations, i just don't get this point at all. We went last year with a party of 4, so not a tiny table. AND we went during the sold out insane period that was free dining (NEVER AGAIN! i will pay now! haha) and after one TS restaurant at Ohana, we knew the kids needed something different. SOOO all my hard work down the drain! i went to GS EVERY morning and changed my ressies around for that day and ALWAYS ALWAYS got what we wanted and the times we wanted!

Doesn't anyone who purchases the DDP PAY for it? If it's always free I want in. As for not being able to get in certain restaurants on last minute trips that's just the way it goes. Sorry! My sister was whining to me this morning because they can't get a room on site for the first week of April. Well duh!!! I can't wait until the last minute and get a reservation at the most popular local restaurant either. There is a reason why it is popular. As popular as WDW is, I'm surprised you can get in ANYWHERE at the last minute.

::yes::

Well last i checked i paid for the dining plan for our trip in May..

Please forgive me for not reading through all the pages in this thread.
Also, I am telling you upfront I am not flaming but simply wanted to make a comment...I have read very simialar threads in which you created as well. You have stated you point many times in that thread and I am sure many others including this one. I am sure you fell very strongly about this issue as do those that enjoy and take part in the DDP. I really believe you need to move on to something else...you are beating a dead horse!

When I receive comment, I will comment back. Thanks for your advice. Do you mean I feel strongly?

Yes..typ-o...it happens!

Do you mean a last minute get away? Do you mean it is quite annoying? Do you mean they are going to start losing people?

People who live in glass houses (or ivory towers) shouldn't throw stones.

Have a magical vacation!

We are AP's and can't participate in the DDP but wish we could. I think it's a great thing. It's sad that a few people spoil a great website. We visit several times a year and I don't think I'm any better than the person in front of me that is there for the first time. I like being able to answer questions for that person and love to sit next to someone that has never eaten with a Disney Character. I'm not rich or poor, just willing to spend every extra cent I have on Mickey. When I retire, he better take care of me because I'll be broke then. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter