DDP, can you use a TS credit for CS?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
DH asked me this. I am thinking the answer is no, but I'm curious. He has some friends going on the DDP next week and they have made no ADRs. If they find all the TS places booked are they just out of luck for a place to eat?

It seems to me that most Disney visitors are not planners like us DISers. I'd personally be pissed if I paid my $39 a day for the DDP and found that I still had to shell out money for a meal because the restaurants were all booked.

We, too, had trouble finding places to use up our TS as so many places were booked ahead. We got creative and did some of our TS for b/fast and lots for lunches. In most cases it was just a matter of making the calls the night before or early in the morning.

Check with Guest Services. When we left Monday, we had a TS left for each of us, but there was no way we'd be able to use it. When DH was checking us out (DME) he asked about it and they were able to change the TS over to CS and we were able to use it for our final meal.

We, too, had trouble finding places to use up our TS as so many places were booked ahead. We got creative and did some of our TS for b/fast and lots for lunches. In most cases it was just a matter of making the calls the night before or early in the morning.

Check with Guest Services. When we left Monday, we had a TS left for each of us, but there was no way we'd be able to use it. When DH was checking us out (DME) he asked about it and they were able to change the TS over to CS and we were able to use it for our final meal.

This is consistent with the FAQ:

Can I use TS credits for CS meals?
No. During the last free dining promotion, Disney did extend an offer to use TS credits for CS meals (plus two snacks and a cheap lanyard), but that offer has expired. Prior to that offer, some (but not all) hotel front desks allowed some (but not all) guests to convert some of their remaining TS credits in the CS credits, with the understanding that once converted they cannot be converted back. However, that is not an official part of the Dining Plan, and so you may or may not be successful in getting them to do that for you.

And besides that, there’s probably always someplace they can eat. It may not be their first, second, or third choice; it may not be the most convenient location; they may have to be flexible about times; but there’ll always be somewhere they can use Table Service credits.

I booked my package for the free dining Wednesday and asked about trading the TS credits for CS credits and they guy told me right now they were not but it could happen depending on how busy the places get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter