DDE Eligibility

Sleuth

Disney Fanatic
Only AP Holders or Florida Residents are able to puchase the DDE Card? Or are those two groups only eligible for the discount on the DDE?

I would like to puchase it but I am not an AP holder or a Florida Resident... Not interested in the MYW Dining option... Can I purchase the DDE?

Sleuth said:
Only AP Holders or Florida Residents are able to puchase the DDE Card?

Yes, that is true. Until the end of 2004 only Florida Residents could join DDE. Since the beginning of the year they have allowed AP Holders to join. The reason for the AP holders is they are not eligible for a Dining Package as they already have Park Passes.

If you are not a Florida Resident and are not an Annual Pass Holder you cannot purchase membership in DDE.

Yes, for $75.

If you are not a Florida Resident and are not an Annual Pass Holder you cannot purchase membership in DDE.
Did they change it again? :confused3 (Only going by what I have read on other threads here concerning this subject.)

I hope Chuck S does not mind me quoting him from a different post on this subject:
"Actually, it is now only available to FL Residents at $75, no more out of staters - unless the non-resident is an AP holder.
All AP holders can get it for $50, regardless of residency.
Any non-resident that did purchase the DDE prior and is not an AP holder will have their cards honored for this year only."

Geez --
First it was FL residents only.
Then it was anyone with $50 and who said they owned an AP.
Then it was $50 anyone who was a valid AP holder (providing numbers from vouchers or passes), and $75 for non AP members.
Now it is strictly AP holders

Am I correct?
And all in a month's time.

What will tomorrow bring? ;) Only those who are AP holders AND own a Pal Mickey! :rotfl2:

Yea that's why it was so incredibly confusing to me- what is the deal? Is it only AP holders or not? :confused3 Disney should have an area of the website that handles all kinds of FAQ's - and not just the short list they have on there now.

Luv2Roam said:
What will tomorrow bring? ;) Only those who are AP holders AND own a Pal Mickey! :rotfl2:

No, you have to have an AP and prove you own a 52" Giant Plush Figment!

There was a post a few days back that cleared this all up. Here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=725614&page=3 Look halfway down on page three for a post by Cuddlemama. Apparently, on Jan 2nd the DDE became available to AP holders as well as FL residents. There was some confusion at DDE and they were allowing anyone to order it, but that should not have been allowed. I guess some things were not properly communicated to the DDE CM's, but that has now been corrected. The DDE Card is only available to FL residents and AP holders.

Luv2Roam said:
I hope Chuck S does not mind me quoting him from a different post on this subject:
"Actually, it is now only available to FL Residents at $75, no more out of staters - unless the non-resident is an AP holder.
All AP holders can get it for $50, regardless of residency.
Any non-resident that did purchase the DDE prior and is not an AP holder will have their cards honored for this year only."

Geez --
First it was FL residents only.
Then it was anyone with $50 and who said they owned an AP.
Then it was $50 anyone who was a valid AP holder (providing numbers from vouchers or passes), and $75 for non AP members.
Now it is strictly AP holders

Am I correct?

:rotfl2:

No.... Florida Residents are still eligiable and the fee for them is $75. AP holders may also purchase it with a $50 introductory offer. Unless you are either a Florida Resident, or an AP holder, you aren't eligiable. Sorry!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter