DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon Fellas! Everyone doing ok? Do we have any Florida Dads on here? Everyone doing ok? A friend of mine, not in the boards, I’m trying to get him on here, lives in Kissimmee, FL with his but was at the Riviera Resort when it hit and did ok. Said his place did ok and has power.

I was supposed to help run the beer tent for a local Oktoberfest this weekend, but what was left of Ian decided to rain on those plans, so the event was canceled. I guess rain is better than the full blown hurricane hitting us. Still, I’m now sitting on $70 worth of wine I bought for the event. (Heavy sigh) I guess I’ll have to force myself to have a good weekend. 🍷 Cheers, all!

We made it through without a scratch. We lost power 2:15 am Wednesday morning and it should be on by Sunday night sometime.
We stayed in the house Wednesday and Thursday night but it gets a bit warm here in central Florida when the sun comes out. We are staying in a hotel by Disney spring. Just need some sleep in AC.
Here are a few radar shots I took during the storm. We are the blue little dot.
So, we can add Ian to our list of Wilma and Irma.
Pray for the people in south west Florida. 507FD893-3F9C-4620-9A05-74F9A3CAEF25.jpeg0C1F0BB7-A8DA-4B0D-96C3-1088F958CFB9.jpeg

Afternoon Fellas! Everyone doing ok? Do we have any Florida Dads on here? Everyone doing ok? A friend of mine, not in the boards, I’m trying to get him on here, lives in Kissimmee, FL with his but was at the Riviera Resort when it hit and did ok. Said his place did ok and has power.

I was supposed to help run the beer tent for a local Oktoberfest this weekend, but what was left of Ian decided to rain on those plans, so the event was canceled. I guess rain is better than the full blown hurricane hitting us. Still, I’m now sitting on $70 worth of wine I bought for the event. (Heavy sigh) I guess I’ll have to force myself to have a good weekend. 🍷 Cheers, all!
My oldest granddaughter is down there working in the College Program, she is at Flamingo Crossing and said everything was fine there.

We made it through without a scratch. We lost power 2:15 am Wednesday morning and it should be on by Sunday night sometime.
We stayed in the house Wednesday and Thursday night but it gets a bit warm here in central Florida when the sun comes out. We are staying in a hotel by Disney spring. Just need some sleep in AC.
Here are a few radar shots I took during the storm. We are the blue little dot.
So, we can add Ian to our list of Wilma and Irma.
Pray for the people in south west Florida. View attachment 706917View attachment 706918

Glad you all made it through OK.

Well, you definitely saw the bar.
Clarification...
We saw A-L-L the bars.

Looks like the Carolinas may need some as well.
Wasn't too bad here.
Made a bit of a mess on the coast, but not what Fla saw the day before.
In my are it was a lot of wind and a crap-ton of rain, but we can deal with that.

OK...
Just to show that we did do more then one thing on that little trip, here are a few images that don't include the gratuitous consume alcoholic beverages....

Ya' gott'a start somewhere, and here is a good spot
00 20220917_175703.jpg

After hitting the various shops, we got a walk-up resi at Raglan Road.
Excellent meal and one dang fine beer (yah, I know that's alcohol, but it wasn't a mixed drink, soooo...)
00 20220917_142856.jpg

Also caught the bus over to the Poly and the monorail on the the Contemporary to see other parts of Da' World. (no extra points for the draw to us at those specific spots)

Spent the next couple of days at Pop Century
And honestly, The 70s area may be my new favorite spot in the resort.
Not for the theming which is as cheesy as the rest of the place, but while lacking a pool, it's relatively close to nearly everything else on the property with out costing extra for the privilege.
00 20220917_193650.jpg

And that Includes the bridge on Hour Glass Lake where the Sky-Way station is located.
00 20220917_193940.jpg

Which made for a nice late evening no-cost excursion before turning in.
and was also rather convenient for the next day's adventures...

00 Screenshot_20220918-114603_Disney World.jpg

As we all know, Rope-Drop matters.
We'd basically done every ride in the front of the park before the off site guests even got though the bag check. Including hearing from the Jaminators and grabbing the first of many of the Food and Wine Festival snacks for the day while waiting on the last ride...

00 20220918_123530.jpg

I still haven't been able to get on to ROTR over at HS, but this one got checked off the bucket list.
And.... it's absolutely worth it.

00 Gardians.jpg

The rest of the day was spent out in the WS consuming pretty much everything that could realistically be included on a "Best of the Fest" list and catching what music was on offer. Luckily that included known favorites like "Alberta Bound" and the "Voices of Liberty" (very glad to see them returning to the park), and the day's featured guest for the concert series...

00 20220918_173255.jpg

We've had good luck catching decent artists out at the amphitheater.
This one featured "American Artists". A fairly good pop band that my DW is fond of.
They did an excellent job actually, and I'll say that the rhythm section was particularly tight and that always makes for a good performance (and that review was in no way influenced by the excellent Bourbon drinks I picked up at the America Pavilion before hand... honest!)

Long day over we retreated back to Pop to finish packing up for the drive the next morning.
A good trip so far to be sure, and we haven't even gotten to the main reason we were down here in the first place...

0 Screenshot_20220919-072335_Disney Cruise Line Navigator.jpg

Maybe later I'll post up some pictures from that part of the junket as well.
Pics of things apart form the mixed drinks, that is (and only because you've already seen most of those).

Glad he made it through the storm ok!

Hope you guys have power by now. And I'm glad no A/C was the worst problem you faced!

My oldest granddaughter is down there working in the College Program, she is at Flamingo Crossing and said everything was fine there.
I'm glad she was ok!

Clarification...
We saw A-L-L the bars.
:rotfl2:I stand corrected.

Also caught the bus over to the Poly and the monorail on the the Contemporary to see other parts of Da' World. (no extra points for the draw to us at those specific spots)
Hmmm...pool hopping, obviously.

I still haven't been able to get on to ROTR over at HS, but this one got checked off the bucket list.
And.... it's absolutely worth it.
Glad to hear that! I can't wait to try it sometime in 2038 when I can afford Disney World again.

Aventureiro Discreto tetraedro well hello there gif laringe contraste Splash

In the training I'm doing for work, we've been broken out into working groups to put together a small presentation. We have 5 of us doing work and one guy who is just sitting there, not participating at all. It's good to know some things never change.

group-project-thumb-500x350-19164.png

In the training I'm doing for work, we've been broken out into working groups to put together a small presentation. We have 5 of us doing work and one guy who is just sitting there, not participating at all. It's good to know some things never change.

group-project-thumb-500x350-19164.png

Two things:

1. are you the one guy?
2. DOT....shouldn't it be the other way?

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter