DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Mine had a partial, maybe that's why. Glad to hear your wife is doing well.

That's interesting because that's what my wife had. Hmmm Different hospitals/Doctors I guess.

Another month of employment is a good thing.

That it is. It'll be in a different department, but something new to learn.

I just put $ in my children's accounts at school. They just threw away anything healthy away that I packed. :sad2:

The only day my daughter buys is when they have pizza. And it's not school pizza, it's Domino's pizza.

Glad to hear everyone (including you) is doing better and the procedure went smoothly. :)

Thanks, appreciate it.

Good to hear!

Thanks. The wife is starting to move around more and more everyday...though she's starting to push it a bit and that'll come back to bite her at some point.

Good news all over.

Yep. Another department, another skill set. It'll only be for a month or so, but at least I'll learn how to do purchasing.

As a shift worker, I really have no feelings one way or another towards Monday... or Friday.

Been there, done that, so I know that feeling. When I worked shifts, it was at The Disney Store, and in a tourist spot, so heavy traffic in the summer. The only then that kept me going at that store as long as I did was the discounts.

What is that?

See below. 👇

Also known as a fluffer nutter (#TWSS). Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff - your mouth totally sticks together but they are good.
View attachment 476532

Fluffer nutter isn't my thing, but my daughter loves it!

Image result for stay puft fluff

Happy Tuesday. Yeah, no trips or nothing fun here. I'll live vicariously thru Darcy's cruise pictures.

Um... you know you can withdraw more than just the tuition, right? I don't know how much you put in, but if you withdraw, say $5K/year until it's empty, you can hang on to that 20%. Throw it in a TFSA, or go ahead and dump it in an RRSP if you wish.

Don't forget about LMNOP. :lmao:

Or, use the money to fly to MCO, take DME, check into BLT, enjoy CRT at MK before MNSSHP and end at TOTWL.

That's interesting because that's what my wife had. Hmmm Different hospitals/Doctors I guess.

I guess. You would think that health care wouldn't vary that much.

When I worked shifts, it was at The Disney Store, and in a tourist spot, so heavy traffic in the summer. The only then that kept me going at that store as long as I did was the discounts.
::yes:: I can see that.
Don't forget about LMNOP. :lmao:
:rolleyes1
Or, use the money to fly to MCO, take DME, check into BLT, enjoy CRT at MK before MNSSHP and end at TOTWL.
:laughing:
I actually think it's funny that I easily understood that!

...and the basketball season comes to an end. 55-56. We should have won. A couple of our starters forgot everything the coach told them to do to win this and went back to what they had been doing all season long. It didn't keep them from winning some close ones in the regular season but you can't do that in the District Tournament. I'll refrain on commenting on the officiating. I have my opinion but would like to hear from a couple of co-workers who were at the game and don't have a dog in the fight. Honestly I don't think the girls had anything left for another two games. 2 of our 3 seniors have been playing injured all season and it is probably time to end it. Hate that they had to have their season end this way. Next couple of years could be good. We are returning all 5 of our sophomores and our 8th and 9th grader and hope to pick up a couple of new girls as well. On to softball and track if we have enough girls sign up.

I like the banjo, just not the Deliverance banjo. We have the International Bluegrass Music Museum here, for the 10 fans in the world that like Bluegrass music. I like a few songs, but can mostly do without it.

I liked Bluegrass even before moving to KY. I understand why many people don't though. I have odd music taste. I will listen to almost anything from acoustic to zydeco but not death metal, grunge or rap.

Morning All,

Looks like we will need to drive through a storm to start the trip tomorrow, 6 to 10 inches of snow in the forecast for a good part of the drive to Portland, Maine. Best case scenario, the school are closed and we will get away before it gets too bad. Doesn't matter though, we are out of here tomorrow!!

Have a great humpday all!

...and the basketball season comes to an end. 55-56. We should have won. A couple of our starters forgot everything the coach told them to do to win this and went back to what they had been doing all season long. It didn't keep them from winning some close ones in the regular season but you can't do that in the District Tournament. I'll refrain on commenting on the officiating. I have my opinion but would like to hear from a couple of co-workers who were at the game and don't have a dog in the fight. Honestly I don't think the girls had anything left for another two games. 2 of our 3 seniors have been playing injured all season and it is probably time to end it. Hate that they had to have their season end this way. Next couple of years could be good. We are returning all 5 of our sophomores and our 8th and 9th grader and hope to pick up a couple of new girls as well. On to softball and track if we have enough girls sign up.

Tough to lose the final game by a point but hopefully they had some fun during the season and it looks like next year could be a good one.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Really just trying to now get through the next 10 days before heading to DaWorld with DS for our guys only trip. Be safe out there gents!
Morning All,

Looks like we will need to drive through a storm to start the trip tomorrow, 6 to 10 inches of snow in the forecast for a good part of the drive to Portland, Maine. Best case scenario, the school are closed and we will get away before it gets too bad. Doesn't matter though, we are out of here tomorrow!!

Safe travels and give Randall a big hug for me

Back to work today, starting another 2 weeks on day shift this time.

Um... you know you can withdraw more than just the tuition, right? I don't know how much you put in, but if you withdraw, say $5K/year until it's empty, you can hang on to that 20%. Throw it in a TFSA, or go ahead and dump it in an RRSP if you wish.
I actually don't know that much about withdrawing since I haven't done it yet.
I thought my advisor had said if it's not used for education then I could take what I put in and dump it in my RRSP (he may have mentioned TFSA but I don't recall) but the 20% grant has to go back to government.
I should probably check into it again anyway.

Morning All,

Hope your drive goes OK. I believe that's the storm we are supposed to get here on Friday.
I'm sure you'll enjoy getting away from the weather for a little while anyway.

Morning, gents.
After having a few days off, it's time to get back to it. And no... not looking forward to it. Ah well.

We have it here; I'm surprised you guys don't have it.
We probably do, then. I've just never looked for it.
...and the basketball season comes to an end. 55-56. We should have won. A couple of our starters forgot everything the coach told them to do to win this and went back to what they had been doing all season long. It didn't keep them from winning some close ones in the regular season but you can't do that in the District Tournament.
That's too bad... but not all that surprising.
I'll refrain on commenting on the officiating.
Uh, oh...
Looks like we will need to drive through a storm to start the trip tomorrow, 6 to 10 inches of snow in the forecast for a good part of the drive to Portland, Maine.
Oh, no! Good luck and drive safe!
Back to work today, starting another 2 weeks on day shift this time.
I hear you. Except I don't have to do it for 2 weeks straight!
I actually don't know that much about withdrawing since I haven't done it yet.
From "Wealthsimple"
There is a $5000 limit (or $2500 if the student is enrolled part-time) on EAP contributions during the first 13 weeks of schooling. There is no limit on the amount of Subscriber (PSE) contributions that can be withdrawn. Once the 13 weeks has passed, any amount of EAP contributions can be withdrawn.
NOTE: each beneficiary can receive a maximum $7200 in government grant/bond for full-time education, or $3600 for part-time. Anything in excess of that must be paid back to the government.

EAP contributions are the part the government kicks in (the 20%). Just take out $5,000 (if you have that much, of course) the first year and then take out whatever you want after that.
The withdrawal is in your name (the student can't withdraw it), but you have to show the bank/financial institution proof of enrolment to get it. The student gets to pay tax on it, but usually their tax bracket is so low that it doesn't make a difference.
I thought my advisor had said if it's not used for education then I could take what I put in and dump it in my RRSP (he may have mentioned TFSA but I don't recall) but the 20% grant has to go back to government.
Yes, if it's not used for education, you get your principle back, but the government money goes away. But if she's enrolled in university, that won't be a problem.
All you need is that proof of enrolment. After that... what you do with the money is up to you.
For example, for both my girls, I'd take out $5,000. But tuition was less than that. I kept the money in my savings account (but I kept track of that total) and any time they needed textbooks or other school related expenses, I'd take it from there.

This is from my local newspaper.

20200226_194349.jpg

That's a real taco Tuesday story. The crime in my home town is just un-mexi-stoppable.

Thanks. Never heard of that. Not even sure where I'd get "fluff".

Well, if you go to an X-rated movie set and ask for a fluffer, you'll find it means something really different.

::yes:: I can see that.

:rolleyes1

:laughing:
I actually think it's funny that I easily understood that!

Disney acronyms aren't as bad.

Tough way to end the season. Hopefully, they'll have another good run next year.

Morning, Gents!

Missed a couple of days, so I hope I didn't miss any quoting me, if I did, I apologize. Well, got the word yesterday, I've been officially extended to May. According to my current boss, I'm being moved to purchasing, but I haven't been officially told yet. Either way, I'm sticking around for a while. Yesterday after work I did an HR Walk-in Wednesday at the local hospital. While the point is to not get a job on the spot, I do feel confident something will come of it. The recruiter I met with is a 30 year Air Force veteran, I just happen to be Navy, but I won't hold that against him :teeth: , and we seem to hit it off pretty well. I told him that I'm trying to ultimately get into medical coding, but I'm not certified yet, but I'm willing to do almost anything to get my foot int the door. He said that he works in facilities and maintenance and that I seem to be a jack-of-all-trades kind of a guy, so maybe he'll find a spot for me. Either way, I feel confident that something will come along.

This is from my local newspaper.

View attachment 477055

That's a real taco Tuesday story. The crime in my home town is just un-mexi-stoppable.

High priced crime right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter