DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Sunday. College Spring Break next week, but not HS, so I'm stuck at home but not working. It is supposed to snow 4" here tonight. Must be to cool off those SEC Champion UK Wildcats.

Evening gents, been too long but work and life have just been wearing me out. 12 hour days and things like getting taxes done at night after work. For anything I missed prayers for those in need, congrats to those deserving, congrats to Declan, all the best to PP on her trip and sorry about your back Norm.

On vacation for the next week and just got into DC WITH DW and DS (his spring break) to see DD, SIL and their first house which they have been in for a couple of weeks now. All the best guys.

Thanks. Enjoy your vacation as well. First house for dd. It sounds great to hear they get older and leave.

Morning, gents.
I can officially state that Daylight Saving Time.... is stupid.

You know who keeps it? Politicians that don't have to wake up early because of it.

Most of the problems usually are caused by the government.

One week in Nicaragua, one week in Costa Rico playing in the water. I think she is going to enjoy it. Enjoy your trip.

Glad to hear she is enjoying her trip.

It was that wrong turn at Albuquerque.

I just loved Looney Tunes Sat AM cartoons. They just don't show them anymore. Sad.

Daughter made it to Nicaragua with her group. I met up for dinner and then a Heat game with Darcy, his lovely wife (how he got her to marry him is anybody's guess), his son and his son's friend. A good time was had by all. I don't think the Heat played a better game all year. Wasn't even close.
Good she made it safe. Sounds like a good day with Darcy and his family -nicely done guys.
Happy Sunday. College Spring Break next week, but not HS, so I'm stuck at home but not working. It is supposed to snow 4" here tonight. Must be to cool off those SEC Champion UK Wildcats.
Congrats to UK and enjoy the snow but be safe.

Top O the Morning Dads! Sorry you are back to reality today Darcy.

Thanks, been a busy morning so far and guess what, we have a snow storm forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday.

I'm back to reality in a way also.

First day at new job.

Happy Monday guys!

Good luck!

Morning, folks.

Just move on.
Always just move on.

Helps preserve what little sanity we have left.

Good luck with the new job!

Thanks for the advice.

Happy Monday. Schools are closed here for the snow. They maybe could have went on a 2 hour delay.

Congrats to UK and enjoy the snow but be safe.

Will do. I'm not going anywhere today.

Hello Gentlemen!

Anything I need to go back and read or should I just move on?

Read it all. Lots of nuggets of wisdom in there. :lmao:

I'm back to reality in a way also.

First day at new job.

Happy Monday guys!

Good luck. We are all counting on you.

Morning, folks.

Just move on.
Always just move on.

Helps preserve what little sanity we have left.

Good luck with the new job!

Just keep swimming. Enjoy that song in your head now. :lmao:

Morning Gents. Happy Monday (not). Hopefully my work calms down a bit so I can actually get on here more.

So I have something to put out there. Just for advice/opinions/a shoulder to cry on. Not sure what really.
Anyway, over the weekend oldest DD, who has just turned 18, told us that she wants to go to Montreal this summer with her friends (5 of them) to go to a music festival for 6 days. (The fact that legal drinking age in Quebec is 18 may or may not have something to do with this decision. I also suspect that the boyfriends, who are all also 18-19 may be secretly tagging along, but I suppose if I was 18 I might try doing the same thing). Here's my dilemma. I don't particularly like the idea, but at the same time she's at the age where I guess I'm supposed to be letting go (is that something we're supposed to do?). The logical side of me knows she's a responsible person, she does work hard in school and has the results (good grades and potential scholarships) to prove it, is smart with her money, and in reality has earned a reward like this, and being an adult now she's entitled to do it if that's her decision. The emotional side of me says she's still my little girl and how the heck can I let her go up there to do, well, whatever they are going to do. Clearly they do not want Dad tagging along on this one.
I know some of you guys have gone through this already, others have yet to deal with it. Any words of wisdom?

A very sad day in the history of the Magic Kingdom. The rumors are true, the Citrus Swirl is no more.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...worlds-magic-kingdom-see-whats-there-instead/
Yes, I saw that. Sad but true it seems. I actually preferred the citrus swirl over the Dole Whip. I'll have to see if that holds true with the new version of orange Dole Whip instead of frozen OJ.

Anything I need to go back and read or should I just move on?
We had a moment of silence for the citrus swirl. Other than that, not really.

I know some of you guys have gone through this already, others have yet to deal with it. Any words of wisdom?

Tell her how you feel and let her make the decision. Explain why you feel the way you do. She will end up going because it will be fun. Let her know that if she gets arrested, she better have the bail money to get out. Also teach her about safe traveling. Just so you know, nothing will happen there, that can't happen at home.

Morning Gents. Happy Monday (not). Hopefully my work calms down a bit so I can actually get on here more.

So I have something to put out there. Just for advice/opinions/a shoulder to cry on. Not sure what really.
Anyway, over the weekend oldest DD, who has just turned 18, told us that she wants to go to Montreal this summer with her friends (5 of them) to go to a music festival for 6 days. (The fact that legal drinking age in Quebec is 18 may or may not have something to do with this decision. I also suspect that the boyfriends, who are all also 18-19 may be secretly tagging along, but I suppose if I was 18 I might try doing the same thing). Here's my dilemma. I don't particularly like the idea, but at the same time she's at the age where I guess I'm supposed to be letting go (is that something we're supposed to do?). The logical side of me knows she's a responsible person, she does work hard in school and has the results (good grades and potential scholarships) to prove it, is smart with her money, and in reality has earned a reward like this, and being an adult now she's entitled to do it if that's her decision. The emotional side of me says she's still my little girl and how the heck can I let her go up there to do, well, whatever they are going to do. Clearly they do not want Dad tagging along on this one.

I'm of the opinion that I trust my kid and that I raised him right so I would probably let him go if he was paying for it. It's tough at 18 but we all have to let go sometime.

Let her go. Tell her to have a good time. If she gets in trouble to just give you a call. Be prepared to help if need be (but expect not to get that call). I'm dealing with this with an (almost) 21 year old and a 17.5 year old. You have to let them go and make their own decisions and own mistakes. Remember what it was like when you were that age. Were you dumb? Yup (we all were). But we survived. So will she.

Let her go as you said she has earned it, you raised here well and you trust her. Sit down and discuss things like travel, stay in groups with who she goes with and to call if she needs something. We, group of dads, let several of the girls that played club soccer together head down to Dauphin island after HS graduation. They even called us in the middle of the week to ask if it was ok to head over to New Orleans for an early dinner and we all gave the ok - they could have gone without asking. I think it's important that you know the group she is going with though and if so, let em go. Hope this helps.

I understand how you feel, because we are all guys and we all think of doing the same stuff. As for liquor being legal at 18, no one in the USA ever got alcohol prior to the age of 21. :sad2:

With that said, i have to agree with the others. You've parented her to this point, taught her right from wrong, and your expectations, values, & beliefs. And, because she is 18, she had the right to be on her own. Now, the financial part is who is paying? Is she responsible for paying rent, her own clothes, food, etc.? Will that money be used for this concert in lieu of any responsibilities? If she's worked and saved her money, then again, that's her call. If my daughter was asking me for the money to go, then I wouldn't pay for it as I don't go on a five day vacation by myself. Good luck.

Last edited:
Happy Monday. Schools are closed here for the snow. They maybe could have went on a 2 hour delay.
Wait, when did you move to Atlanta? That's what they do here when there's the slightest hint of snow,

Good luck. We are all counting on you.
Thanks.
I was wondering why I had these numbers all over me, now I know why.

A little late to this party, but...

Tell her how much you love her and how she'll always be your little girl.
Tell her you trust her judgment and maturity.
Tell her you will love her no matter what happens, but you're hoping it won't be anything she'll end up regretting.
PRAY!

That's all I got!

PS: Not sure this is valid with this crowd, but I told all of my kids regarding smoking/drinking/drugs...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter