DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...
"And ain't it a lovely morning..."

I'm considering possible adding slingTV because at least then the wife could have HGTV. I liked discovery channel, but I'm okay with not having it too.
We just recently gave up the bulk of the cable bill. We kept "basic-cable" for the major networks & PBS, and then added Netflix (already had Amazon) The total bill dropped by better then $100 monthly. We've thought about Sling to replace most of the other networks that got tossed, but for now there's enough on what we have to keep us occupied

So I'm the Billy No Mates then. We get it as part of our package.
and where it more affordable I'd do the same.
Probably still wouldn't watch GoT, but I'd like to be able to catch John Oliver from time to time.

Monitoring. Hoping for a once and done.
And may that be so.
Heal quickly.

I've thought about cutting the cord for years, but I always get stuck on live sports. That's where they've got me. I watch a lot of the local teams.
Makes sense...
My dad and Brother are right there with you. I follow only casually though so it wasn't near so much of an issue.
Right now, the only things I watching at all are Ken Burns current work and then just for giggles I'm bingeing through "Top Gear" one season at a time (they're blow-hards, but they right funny blow-hards)

Got kinda chatty around here the past few days.
We do seem to go on in spells...
Probably linked is some way to Dole Whip deprivation levels.

I don't expect this will be a long term relationship.
That's what she said...

So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague?
Not any more...
Still need to be wary of the coworkers with young'ens in school, but that's easier to manage.

Our temp today was pretty much in the middle, 19C when I got off work (I'm too tired to translate that)
19c = 66f - basically a fine day (although my better half would be in a sweater and have the heat on)

for those of us living in one of the three nations still using imperial measures...
here's a quick conversion table:

45c = Death Vally
40c = Triple digits
35c = WDW in July
30c = Mid-80s
25c = Picnic & BBQ weather
20c = the Leaves should be turning
15c = Good sleepin' weather
10c = long sleeves in the morning.
5c = Might want to grab a jacket
0c = Ice

As of next week the little one is at school full time, so I'll have 6 hours on my hands.
Not sure the UK will be quite prepared for this...
Have the proper authorities been warned?

That's because y'all are so friendly.
It's just a veneer...

"Believe me."

Oh fine, break the law in my jurisdiction.
Now, we have a long history of doing that,
But he's not even a Septic.

Go figure.

May your day be full of fast passes and dole whips.
Wouldn't that be a fine thing?

Morning folks.
Day off. get to wait around all day for the garage door guy to come fix it. Main spring went.

Morning, my hairy chested brethren.

giphy.gif

And may that be so.
Heal quickly.

Thanks. All seems well.

here's a quick conversion table:

45c = Death Vally
40c = Triple digits
35c = WDW in July
30c = Mid-80s
25c = Picnic & BBQ weather
20c = the Leaves should be turning
15c = Good sleepin' weather
10c = long sleeves in the morning.
5c = Might want to grab a jacket
0c = Ice

Not the same as mine. Odd.

No Hmmm needed
Clinching in STL will be fantastic!!! :thumbsup2
Yeah, I got my days mixed up, I thought tonight was the last one
:rotfl:
It's just a veneer...

"Believe me."
:lmao:
I believe we had
Now, we have a long history of doing that,
But he's not even a Septic.

Go figure.
I'm pretty sure we built an Empire on it for a while back there.....
He must have been watching too much television. For free.

Have the proper authorities been warned?
Yeah, I told her this morning before she went to work.

Not the same as mine. Odd.

Well, that would be a US guide line based on a South'rn point of view.
I'll clarify it a mite...

45c = 113 (Death Valley)
40c = 104 (Triple digits)
35c = 95 (WDW in July)
30c = 86 (Mid-80s)
25c = 77 (Picnic & BBQ weather)
20c = 68 (the Leaves should be turning)
15c = 59 (Good sleepin' weather)
10c = 50 (long sleeves in the morning)
5c = 41 (Might want to grab a jacket)
0c = 32 (Ice)

Numbers are good, but the descriptions seemed easier to remember
What would your conversions be?

Last edited:
45c = 113 (Death Valley)
40c = 104 (Triple digits)
35c = 95 (WDW in July)
30c = 86 (Mid-80s)
25c = 77 (Picnic & BBQ weather)
20c = 68 (the Leaves should be turning)
15c = 59 (Good sleepin' weather)
10c = 50 (long sleeves in the morning)
5c = 41 (Might want to grab a jacket)
0c = 32 (Ice)

45c=113 (What Brits lay out in when they are on vacation in Greece. At midday. And wonder why factor 15 may not be doing it for 'em)
40c=104 (Record Temperatures)
35c=95 (WDW in July)
30c=86 (Optimal Stench Point on the London Underground)
25c=77 (British Summer Time*) *except when its raining. Which is always at the weekend. The week average temp is the slot above, when its no good to anyone.
20c=68 (BBQ and Picnic Weather)
15c=59 (Ah sod it, we'll still have a BBQ)
10c=50 (Dan, put a jacket on and do a BBQ)
5c=41 (Newcastle fans starting point on removing their shirts on the terraces)
0c= 32 (Newcastle fans optimal point of removing their shirts on the terraces)

Made it there this morning at the time they told me and of course no one was home. Did get to see the doctor with not too long a wait. Blood pressure was in the normal range but on the high side. Unusual for me. She checked me over, gave them blood and urine. Did not like her at all, no humor or personality. This will not last long after the current stuff is done. Next appointment in two weeks. Now back to doing normal things.

If there are any Drs on this list (not counting my nickname), sorry in advance...

Chris who is a great guy was over here. Now he occasionally posts on FB and has gone to a couple of DDCs. But that is the only one I know.

So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague?

I remember those days. :sad2:

Ah, the good old days. Good luck fighting off those bugs.

I'd see a doctor about that CJ.

Just air expressed a drum set for the kids to play with smart a**.

the heatwave is starting to go away, the temps have come down a bit for today and more for tomorrow. Which will be nice as I get to play golf for the second time this year tomorrow.

Rain all week has brought the temps and humidity down a bit here. Not bad out there in between the liquid sunshine. Enjoy the round of golf and the 19th hole.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hopefully we will get the Cubs Division clinch tonight. That is all, for now.
So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague? Without fail every year two or three weeks after school starts (ie. now) the entire house comes down with a cold. Both DDs were in bed with fever, sore throats and stuffy nose this past weekend. I felt the dreaded sore throat coming on last night and it's progressed through the day. Having too busy a week at work to take a sick day, but I may need to, depending how things go.
DW had a pretty good cold, like always, and she is still getting over it. DS fought it off but he did have a bit of a cold. I stay away from them at the start of the school year.
Sorry about the sickness stuff for you guys. Don't miss those days.
No Hmmm needed
Clinching in STL will be fantastic!!! :thumbsup2
Two more games in St Louis to do it though I did want it over last night. Guess I will have to spend another night outside with cigar and bourbon enjoying a good ballgame - damn!
Just air expressed a drum set for the kids to play with smart a**.
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2: Glad to hear you at least got in to the Doc to get checked out.

OK, I'll play...

45c = 113 (Walking on the Boardwalk in August)
40c = 104 (Animal Kingdom in July)
35c = 95 (Summer is coming)
30c = 86 (I'm in heaven!)
25c = 77 (A bit chilly, sneakers instead of flip flops)
20c = 68 (No more pool time)
15c = 59 (Where is my jacket)
10c = 50 (Christmas Day)
5c = 41 (OK, this is getting ridiculous)
0c = 32 (Why am in Chicago and how much will it cost to change my flight to leave early)

45c=113 (What Brits lay out in when they are on vacation in Greece. At midday. And wonder why factor 15 may not be doing it for 'em)
40c=104 (Record Temperatures)
35c=95 (WDW in July)
30c=86 (Optimal Stench Point on the London Underground)
25c=77 (British Summer Time*) *except when its raining. Which is always at the weekend. The week average temp is the slot above, when its no good to anyone.
20c=68 (BBQ and Picnic Weather)
15c=59 (Ah sod it, we'll still have a BBQ)
10c=50 (Dan, put a jacket on and do a BBQ)
5c=41 (Newcastle fans starting point on removing their shirts on the terraces)
0c= 32 (Newcastle fans optimal point of removing their shirts on the terraces)

Nice bit of cultural insight there...

OK, I'll play...

45c = 113 (Walking on the Boardwalk in August)
40c = 104 (Animal Kingdom in July)
35c = 95 (Summer is coming)
30c = 86 (I'm in heaven!)
25c = 77 (A bit chilly, sneakers instead of flip flops)
20c = 68 (No more pool time)
15c = 59 (Where is my jacket)
10c = 50 (Christmas Day)
5c = 41 (OK, this is getting ridiculous)
0c = 32 (Why am in Chicago and how much will it cost to change my flight to leave early)
And as a former resident of Lower Fla...
Those conversions don't surprise me a bit.
Having been 700 miles north of you for the last 41 years, I've had time to acclimate a bit but I do remember.

Canadian perspective:

• 70 above (+19 deg. Celsius): Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear. People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.
  • 60 above (+14 C): North Carolinians try to turn on the heat. People in Canada plant gardens.
  • 50 above (+9 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Canada sunbathe.
  • 40 above (+4 C): Italian and English cars won't start. People in Canada drive with the windows down.
  • 32 above (0 C): Distilled water freezes. Lake Superior's water gets thicker.
  • 20 above (-6 C): Floridians put on coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.
  • 15 above (-8.5 C): Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets cold.
  • 0 degrees (-18 C): People in Miami all die. Canadians lick the flagpole.
  • 20 below (-26 C): Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Canada get out their winter coats.
  • 40 below (-36 C): Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Guides in Canada re selling cookies door to door.
  • 60 below (-46 C): Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
  • 80 below (-56 C): Mt. St. Helens freezes. People in Canada rent some videos.
  • 100 below (-66 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
  • 297 below (-164.5 C): Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.
  • 460 below (-246 C): ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale). People in Canada start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"
  • 500 below (-266 C): Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Canadian perspective:

• 70 above (+19 deg. Celsius): Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear. People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.
  • 60 above (+14 C): North Carolinians try to turn on the heat. People in Canada plant gardens.
  • 50 above (+9 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Canada sunbathe.
  • 40 above (+4 C): Italian and English cars won't start. People in Canada drive with the windows down.
  • 20 above (-6 C): Floridians put on coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.
  • 15 above (-8.5 C): Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets cold.
  • 20 below (-26 C): Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Canada get out their winter coats.
  • 40 below (-36 C): Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Guides in Canada re selling cookies door to door.
  • 60 below (-46 C): Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
  • 100 below (-66 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
  • 297 below (-164.5 C): Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.
  • 460 below (-246 C): ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale). People in Canada start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"
  • 500 below (-266 C): Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
:lmao:

I think that one needs to be saved for posterity.

Canadian perspective:

:lmao: Epic Hyperbole (if not out-right Trumpian)

Canadian perspective:

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2: Historical! Well done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter