DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening gents. Routine shift at church work this AM, watched youngest play in doubles (lost), then took oldest to youth group. A busy day.

Morning men, from a bright and sunny London. Off for a pig plate at Reds in Shoreditch, and then off to Wembley.good times.
Have a good day chaps.

More translation needed. I get Wembley.

I enjoy some of the posts and "live" videos when guys are down there. I just stay away from potential drama stuff (although that last one I would never have expected drama)

Same here. And, it's easier to post, but more difficult to follow conversations.

St Louis, Baby Backs, Pulled pork, Jalepeno Sausage and rib tips. And coleslaw. And fries. It was indeed delicious. And plentiful. I'm glad I wore my XL jersey.

That's better. Sounds good. Did you send me any?

Felling a lot better and plan to do some branch hacking tomorrow. I am exhausted though. I don't know if I can continue to watch Florida games. Second week in a row there was a remarkable finish. I was drained after yesterday's game.

Not so spectacular from my perspective.

This is an awful game. Can some one text the Ravens at your Call rates and remind them this counts towards their season?

Nope. Sending the NFL over to you was progress. You can send some Premier League teams over here.

Last edited:
Mark, if you happen to catch this, it is a report from the National Park Service released yesterday...

Wow. Sounds like they took it on the chin. I hope whatever got hit is recoverable. That was a nice little spot.

St Louis, Baby Backs, Pulled pork, Jalepeno Sausage and rib tips. And coleslaw. And fries. It was indeed delicious. And plentiful. I'm glad I wore my XL jersey.

m6bhwZRGCvBEIMqLGx59tG574R1ohkvKXczWXhYx9LB0R-0RhFbGBdzwW7cW8aVLT8RpPZzA3v9CBLfzkb9Zmq_4istSPiQvQHuaOQMXFDMxYBOZ6pBr_Oz7g9aQkAWxPWvahxpwMcggXdWbuc6HPhm05y74IDs_Rl6tstxia42hwCkDwEBf_90P6s4fY6MiV_xYncQaaBuiPt_zRrCavgm2JjrPocHLThRhZRzxJqSOplytuCuF6eC8DGsHKYwoi5yjtofsEvBZTL83VSXNxuAmQLFSrSDIzLUlEYaX4EkYxOzUGNYM7ZpSwCtAGKpsLjozxCn3O0uYE6NKCB-FgO89CNVV7YTUDFYyylTrJlT_NNksG9NXLkBIrcVuZBpINml0j-1BcjGNZYBVUr9QP8T8uacmCQKlyv9ScVGWNz_K-2LKqautnkq-Xs78JvNhXuBOOPj26V4V_nTcxoOs37zn8cGwr6ai5gOcoPoO06atF5LayT4ik04kwRMynqXB-PSmM38JeiOnJ140y5Yfaegq8cB1TBd91-YoRiux5jGrWZMDtYLq_x9HvE1AaglFArWkDwR4uVUKBZh0y7mI-2wb9-CGHCgD8T8H4nv3Jw=w279-h320-no

This is an awful game. Can some one text the Ravens at your Call rates and remind them this counts towards their season?

That was a shocking result. I'm not sure the Ravens made the flight over.

Morning Guys,

Going to be another warm one up here, around 36 C again, that's about 97 for the group that is resistant to change. ;)

Streaming the Invictus Games in my office this week. IF you have never watched this, you should try to check it out.

Have a good one all.

Afternoon all from a drizzly London. Day 1. Currently being bossed around by a 4 year old. Ironically she's got more logic than many of my Exec board.

Nope. Sending the NFL over to you was progress. You can send some Premier League teams over here.
That was a shocking result. I'm not sure the Ravens made the flight over.
::yes::
It made for a strange atmosphere. Plenty of Ravens fans had made the trip over, and I don't think the had a first down until late 2nd Quarter. They were awful. Felt bad for the fans.

More translation needed. I get Wembley.
Reds is a BBQ joint in Shoreditch, a part of East London right next to Whitechapel. They do a side dish called "Pig Candy" which is dried Sugar cured bacon, Salted Caramel Chilli and served with Sugared Walnuts. Its awesome.

There would be much disappointment if you promised pudding after meat and then served black pudding.
That's better. Sounds good. Did you send me any?
Course I did mate. FedEx. Expect it in about, oh I don't know, a couple of years? You got the Dole Whips I mailed in, right?

Streaming the Invictus Games in my office this week. IF you have never watched this, you should try to check it out.
I watched some of it in London. Completely awe inspiring, how someone comes back from that.
Going to be another warm one up here, around 36 C again, that's about 97 for the group that is resistant to change. ;)
Do the Penguins have to go into air conditioning at this point?

Have a great Monday all, from the room where toys seem to have exploded.

I watched some of it in London. Completely awe inspiring, how someone comes back from that.

I get to watch and meet a lot of athletes but watching these people compete is awesome. I watched a lot of the stuff from Orlando last year and realy wanted to volunteer this year in Toronto but I just couldn't swing it. I will have to admit it does get a bit dusty watching some of the events.

Last edited:
Morning guys. Feeling back near 100% and what a difference it makes in attitude. Have some calls to make and set up a doctor's appointment. Will be taking on the branches on the deck later in the afternoon when it gets a little cooler.

Not so spectacular from my perspective.

I saw the crowd reactions after the game and almost felt sorry for the fans. Tough loss. Have to admit, it made my weekend. Who cares how bad the Dolphins played.

Wow. Sounds like they took it on the chin. I hope whatever got hit is recoverable. That was a nice little spot.

I am sure it is. The junk in the water can be cleaned out and I imagine the Welcome Center did at least OK during the storm. A lot of the trees are probably gone and it will take time to replace them.

Afternoon all from a drizzly London. Day 1. Currently being bossed around by a 4 year old. Ironically she's got more logic than many of my Exec board.

Let the games begin.

Morning gents. Taking the day off to bring the kid to her orthodontist appointment.
Killing time while I wait. Nice of the place to have computers available for use.

Going to be another warm one up here, around 36 C again,

:eek: Whoa! Don't spontaneously combust!

Afternoon all from a drizzly London.

But that's fairly normal, isn't it? Serious question.

Drizzly here today too, with only a high of 11 (52F). The temp is about average but the drizzle isn't.

Currently being bossed around by a 4 year old. Ironically she's got more logic than many of my Exec board.

:laughing:

There would be much disappointment if you promised pudding after meat and then served black pudding.

bloodsausage.jpg

Feeling back near 100% and what a difference it makes in attitude.

Glad to hear it CJ.

'Afternoon all...
Good to see that everyone is still well or pretty much mended.

Enjoyed a nice bit of time off.
I can report that the SC coast is still there (most of it at least).
I can also report that leaving it was not at the top of the list of things I wanted to be doing.
Too bad I'm addicted to having a pay-check...

She's got a steely mind like her mum and a temper flare like her dad. To quote a midsummer nights dream, Though she be but little, she is fierce. We're working on keeping the steely mind but losing the temper.
This reminds me of a story my family used when describing my brother to folks back when he was a considerably younger lad...

It seems that before you are born, your spirit has to travel around the various departments in heaven to collect up the attributes that will make you who you are. Apparently when my brother got to the Department of Patience, he saw that the line was entirely too long to suit him, so he skipped it all together and just went back for a second helping of temper.

Cruise industry is gonna have some challenges for a while I fear with rescheduling as a big chunk of the western Caribbean ports unfortunately are gonna be down for a bit. I'm worried some may not come back on line. Hard part for those needing to recover is that tourism is basically the whole economy.
It's going to be tough for those folks.
The real charity they'll be needing is for help in the time between the clean up and when things get back on line.
Especially the working Joes.

Yea, WTH was all that noise about? And then there was a post about not being at the DIS because of all the drama here. Really?!?
I'll stick with the drama here...
It's not all that difficult to avoid.

That's actually pretty much what we've told DD20. Except she's in her third year of University (of five.)
My problem is that I told her she could stay rent free as long as she's in school..... But she's taking education and she figured out that once she graduates and gets a job, she'll be in a school for the rest of her life!
Quite the loop hole.
You best be renegotiating that contract.

Would seem that the South'rn US has exported something of value back to the Old Country...
You're welcome.

Currently being bossed around by a 4 year old. Ironically she's got more logic than many of my Exec board.
Neither of these sentences surprise me in the slightest.

But that's fairly normal, isn't it? Serious question.
Not in London. More up North. Bit like Game of Thrones up there.
Morning guys. Feeling back near 100% and what a difference it makes in attitude
Top banana, nice one CJ.
Who cares how bad the Dolphins played.
I will next Sunday buddy. I can't sit through that again.
Would seem that the South'rn US has exported something of value back to the Old Country...
You're welcome.
It has indeed mate. Cheers. Apart from I've got to run 3 miles tomorrow to get this stuff out of my waistline. But it's worth it.
so he skipped it all together and just went back for a second helping of temper.
:rotfl:to quote a South'rn phrase.......I hear that.

Happy Monday. Yet another busy day, but managed to get to the gym and bills paid. Tennis tonight.

Morning Guys,

Thanks for the continued temperature translation.

Reds is a BBQ joint in Shoreditch.

Course I did mate. FedEx. Expect it in about, oh I don't know, a couple of years? You got the Dole Whips I mailed in, right?

Did you put any Pig Candy in that shipment? And no, i didn't get those Dole Whips. Just send some more.

I saw the crowd reactions after the game and almost felt sorry for the fans. Tough loss. Have to admit, it made my weekend. Who cares how bad the Dolphins played.

31 years is a long time. At least we got basketball.

Morning gents. Taking the day off to bring the kid to her orthodontist appointment.
Killing time while I wait. Nice of the place to have computers available.

Drizzly here today too, with only a high of 11 (52F).

Computers? No wifi at my orthodontist's office? How much you paying for those braces? :scared1:

And, thanks for temp translation. 52 doesn't sound good, but better than 11. We were in the 90s this weekend. So much for Fall weather here.

Enjoyed a nice bit of time off.
I can report that the SC coast is still there (most of it at least).
I can also report that leaving it was not at the top of the list of things I wanted to be doing.
Too bad I'm addicted to having a pay-check...

It seems that before you are born, your spirit has to travel around the various departments in heaven to collect up the attributes that will make you who you are. Apparently when my brother got to the Department of Patience, he saw that the line was entirely too long to suit him, so he skipped it all together and just went back for a second helping of temper.

I'll stick with the drama here...
It's not all that difficult to avoid.

Glad you made it back and made it thru drama free. I like the idea of living at the coach. Had i been smart, i would have figured out to move south and run a bar and enjoy the coast all year round. That is a good story and i hate lines as well, and probably would have skipped it.

Cruise industry is gonna have some challenges for a while I fear with rescheduling as a big chunk of the western Caribbean ports unfortunately are gonna be down for a bit. I'm worried some may not come back on line. Hard part for those needing to recover is that tourism is basically the whole economy.

Heard the first ship made it into Key West today.

:laughing:

Not in London. More up North. Bit like Game of Thrones up there.

Sorry. I'm the guy.
You know... the one guy who hasn't see Game of Thrones. Ever.

Computers? No wifi at my orthodontist's office? How much you paying for those braces? :scared1:

There's wifi too, but I prefer a keyboard to DIS on.

And, thanks for temp translation. 52 doesn't sound good, but better than 11. We were in the 90s this weekend. So much for Fall weather here.

That is not fall weather.

Morning Guys,

The heatwave continues! I won't translate the temperature for you but let's just go with a Scorcher!

Have a good one.

Heard the first ship made it into Key West today.
What would be fantastic...I know it's a pipe dream...all the cruise ships kept going and people kept spending their money even though the experience may not be as good and that would help them rebuild.

Sorry. I'm the guy.
Correction --- 1 of 2 of us.

That is not fall weather.
In Miami, it sorta is. I remember when I was stationed at Homestead, I don't recall it getting much lower than high 70s or low 80s.

Morning gents. Eventful day here already.
Had a wee health scare this morning. Won't go into details, but things seem fine for now.
Then the kid set off the alarm and somehow managed to send a code to the alarm company saying "Yes, actually we are being robbed, please send police." Luckily the company called first to verify so I was able to nip that one in the bud.

The heatwave continues! I won't translate the temperature for you but let's just go with a Scorcher!

Saw your forecast. Yep. Scorcher. But temps forecast to come down for you by tomorrow.
Our high will be over 20 degrees cooler than you.

I'd like somewhere in the middle of that, please.

What would be fantastic...I know it's a pipe dream...all the cruise ships kept going and people kept spending their money even though the experience may not be as good and that would help them rebuild.

Apparently the Mayor went out to greet the ship since tourism is what moves their economy.

We should start a club!

Can you have a club with only 2 people in it?

In Miami, it sorta is. I remember when I was stationed at Homestead, I don't recall it getting much lower than high 70s or low 80s.

Low 80s is typically our high... in the summer.

Afternoon chaps from a pleasant and Sunny London. Day 2. 4 mile run, Costco and Kids swimming. Kids not broke yet. That is all. As you were.

'Morning all...

I'd say more, but it's kind'a quite down this way.
(so long as you don't look at any kind of media that is...)

Had i been smart, i would have figured out to move south and run a bar and enjoy the coast all year round.
You run the front of house and keep the books and my Missus and I will run the kitchen.
Well, it's a thought...

That is a good story and i hate lines as well, and probably would have skipped it.
I 'spect its a common occurrence.
Silly me, I stood in that dang line.
(might be why I was born a bit after the predicted due date)

Sorry. I'm the guy.
Me three...

I don't pay extra for "premium channels"
Won't be paying extra to see the new Star Trek either.
Interesting or not, it's just television...

So long as the humidity levels are tolerable...
Stay cool; have an extra beer or three; it'll all be good.

I'd say more, but it's kind'a quite down this way.
(so long as you don't look at any kind of media that is...)

sometimes, not looking at the news is a respite from the insanity that's going on.

You run the front of house and keep the books and my Missus and I will run the kitchen.
Well, it's a thought...

Man, that's a darn good offer.

Me three...

I don't pay extra for "premium channels"
Won't be paying extra to see the new Star Trek either.
Interesting or not, it's just television...

Rob's in the club!

We watched most of the first episode (we had recorded it, but it started late, so missed the last 10 minutes or so) and it looked okay.
But then when it said episode 2 was on ... whatever. some all access channel. Nope!

Afternoon chaps from a pleasant and Sunny London. Day 2. 4 mile run, Costco and Kids swimming. Kids not broke yet. That is all. As you were.

Can't wait to see what time you call it on Friday. ;)

'Morning all...

So long as the humidity levels are tolerable...
Stay cool; have an extra beer or three; it'll all be good.

Humidity at 81% at 10 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts