DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening gents (evening for most of you, it's 8:00am here in Asia). Just two more days to work overseas and then I'm home. Trying to finish up the work here and give a proper handover to my replacement. Not so easy when you don't really give a #@$% about this job anymore and are more focused on getting home and starting a job there.

Evening gents (evening for most of you, it's 8:00am here in Asia). Just two more days to work overseas and then I'm home. Trying to finish up the work here and give a proper handover to my replacement. Not so easy when you don't really give a #@$% about this job anymore and are more focused on getting home and starting a job there.

Enjoy the last couple of days; hopefully they won't be too stressful.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Morning all. I have determined it is a bad idea to let high school seniors run any form of project at a school.
My oldest DD new high school has renaissance faire at the end of the year each year and participation for all the high school students counts as a major grade in all of their core classes. They go all out, costumes, props, catapults, speeches the whole 9 yards. But the seniors are in charge (they are royalty.. juniors are merchant class, sophomores are working class, freshman are peasants) They have had the whole school year to work on it. We got her stuff for a costume a couple weeks ago and then found out Monday that the color for her kingdom is green :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. The faire is Friday. Would have been nice to know before we spent money on a dress. So we got a replacement ordered and were working on her props (she was going to be a baker) Tuesday we found out no actually she is going to be a scribiner :mad::mad::mad::mad:..
End of rant. Thank you for your time.

Just power thru, I'm sure your family will be glad to have you home.

Happy Thursday. Played tennis with the girls this morning. They are enjoying freedom from school, but aren't getting to sleep late with Dr. appointments and babysitting next door neighbor's kid a few hours a day.

Those last few fleeting minutes. It's been 22 years for me, and I'm wondering how my last days will be. I have 5 years left and am considering options that involve a full moon.

:sad2:

Morning all. I have determined it is a bad idea to let high school seniors run any form of project at a school.
My oldest DD new high school has renaissance faire at the end of the year each year and participation for all the high school students counts as a major grade in all of their core classes. They go all out, costumes, props, catapults, speeches the whole 9 yards. But the seniors are in charge (they are royalty.. juniors are merchant class, sophomores are working class, freshman are peasants) They have had the whole school year to work on it. We got her stuff for a costume a couple weeks ago and then found out Monday that the color for her kingdom is green :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. The faire is Friday. Would have been nice to know before we spent money on a dress. So we got a replacement ordered and were working on her props (she was going to be a baker) Tuesday we found out no actually she is going to be a scribiner :mad::mad::mad::mad:..

Yes, that stinks. Always have to quiz the heck out of mine for every detail to try and avoid the chaos. Good luck.

Evening fellas, from a 75 and cloudless London. Sitting out in the garden on my jacks as the missus has done one up West. Its Castaway IPA time.

Safe travels Jeff. We'll raise a glass to you in the bar tomorrow night to send you on your way. And probably wreck another Princess's reputation.
I have 5 years left and am considering options that involve a full moon.
Does that mean the same over there as it does over here? :scared1:
No worries buddy. Deep breaths. Good luck with the scribiner-based activity. Whatever that is.

Have a great evening all

Good lord it's been forever since I posted here. Hi everyone!

Just dropped off the little spawn this weekend at my parents' 1200 miles away. We need to keep the connecting flight in Orlando as it's easier on him. 2 2.5 hour flights much easier to manage than a 4 hour flight then a 1 hour flight (connecting in Baltimore). We're in TX, parents in upstate NY. That means we had to fly up on a Saturday since connecting flights in MCO are only on weekends. Did some checking, if I split it up on the return flight and go from Albany to MCO, get a hotel room, then fly out from MCO to Austin a day or 3 later, plane tickets are actually cheaper. I think you all know where I'm going with this.

Now to somehow get a spare $1000 together and convince the wife to put a 2 day Disney trip in August when we get the kiddo back...

It's the final countdown.....

I have 5 years left and am considering options that involve a full moon.
Well, that would make for an interesting last day. You could always opt for Dan's budgie smugglers....

Safe travels Jeff. We'll raise a glass to you in the bar tomorrow night to send you on your way.
Thanks Dan. Have spiced rum for me (I will be flying 16 hours on Royal Brunei airlines who stay true to Muslim custom and do not serve alcohol...)

And probably wreck another Princess's reputation.
:rotfl2:

Sounds like a typical high school cluster ...you know what....
Good luck with it.
Reminds me of a couple years ago, they had a "pajama day" at school so DD and friends decided they would all wear matching pajamas. DD was tasked with going out to buy them all, so I schlepped off to the mall with her, bought all of them, then the next day they decide they didn't want to match :furious:

They are enjoying freedom from school, but aren't getting to sleep late with Dr. appointments and babysitting next door neighbor's kid a few hours a day.
Well, at least they are keeping busy. I hate it when the kids sleep in until lunch time, seems like such a waste of the day (although I must admit to doing that when I was a teenager)

Now to somehow get a spare $1000 together and convince the wife
Welcome back. If you figure out how to find extra money or convince the wife to do something, please let us know the trick to it! :laughing:

Does that mean the same over there as it does over here? :scared1:

YUP!!! And, I've got a big full view. :eek: :lmao:

Is it any good? I've got back my adr but my finger keeps hovering over the cancel button....

It's worth trying one time, even the grey stuff.

Now to somehow get a spare $1000 together and convince the wife to put a 2 day Disney trip in August when we get the kiddo back...

Sounds like a great plan. Good luck on the convincing. Feel free to stop by and post anytime.

Well, that would make for an interesting last day. You could always opt for Dan's budgie smugglers....

That is an option. Just had a rough week though. I may not be able to go through with it.

Well, at least they are keeping busy. I hate it when the kids sleep in until lunch time, seems like such a waste of the day (although I must admit to doing that when I was a teenager)
! :laughing:

I'm not sure which is best. Maybe they need extra sleep to develop at this age? Maybe not?

Just dropped off the little spawn this weekend at my parents' 1200 miles away. We need to keep the connecting flight in Orlando as it's easier on him. 2 2.5 hour flights much easier to manage than a 4 hour flight then a 1 hour flight (connecting in Baltimore). We're in TX, parents in upstate NY. That means we had to fly up on a Saturday since connecting flights in MCO are only on weekends. Did some checking, if I split it up on the return flight and go from Albany to MCO, get a hotel room, then fly out from MCO to Austin a day or 3 later, plane tickets are actually cheaper. I think you all know where I'm going with this.

Welcome back
Let me know how that works with the DW.

HANG ON, how did I miss that there was another dad from Austin on here.... We need to set up an Austin Dad meet.

Happy Friday Boys. No work that I will get paid for today but have a weekend of plastering and painting ahead. Heading to the store to get the paint. Trying to match the the rest of the room so I hope they can blend a close match. Happy Memorial weekend to me.

Just two more days to work overseas and then I'm home.

Safe travels and smooth sailing as a new chapter of your life opens up.

Yep, but it is kind of cool when they become seniors and can dish it out instead. Flashback Friday from her 1st day as a high school senior....

Evening fellas, from a 75 and cloudless London. Sitting out in the garden on my jacks as the missus has done one up West. Its Castaway IPA time.

Nice. Warm and muggy with storms here last night but today is supposed to be a good day.

Is it any good? I've got back my adr but my finger keeps hovering over the cancel button....

We went there for lunch once. Food was good and the atmosphere can't be beat. I'd go back and it is something you should do at least try.

Welcome back. If you figure out how to find extra money or convince the wife to do something, please let us know the trick to it! :laughing:

If you figure it out, you shall be declared the wisest man in all the land.

Right boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone pile into the tambu lounge for a Spiced rum Lapu Lapu in honour of Jeff, who in true dis-daddery has given up the glamour of international travel to spend more time at home with the family. Salut and safe travels buddy.
Last one in there has to take Tiana home. And let me tell ya, she always wants you to dig a little deeper. And you just know you wanna get your hands on her man catching beignets.

Afternoon Guys,

Rainy Friday up here in the north, quiet day in the office.

Busy weekend ahead, sort of. DW is running in a 5K at the airport tomorrow and then we are off to the NB Sports Hall of Fame induction dinner in the evening. DS is still on the DL so he won't be playing again this weekend. I'm sure he will want to go to their game in Sunday though and of course, it's out of town. Finish the weekend off with nice friendly soccer game in our non-competitive masters league. Well they say it's non-competitive.

Have a good one, almost time to head to the bar with Dan.

Right boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone pile into the tambu lounge for a Spiced rum Lapu Lapu in honour of Jeff, who in true dis-daddery has given up the glamour of international travel to spend more time at home with the family. Salut and safe travels buddy.
Last one in there has to take Tiana home. And let me tell ya, she always wants you to dig a little deeper. And you just know you wanna get your hands on her man catching beignets.

Be there shortly just don't tell my boss.

It's worth trying one time, even the grey stuff.
They say it's delicious...

Thanks Dan. As much as I would love to be in Tambu lounge, I'll Looking forward to making a Lapu Lapu at home.

Speaking of that, has anyone seen this website before? I can't remember if it's been shared here or not. I definitely need to try out some of these drink recipes when I get home.

http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/

Just be careful if she asks you to do it froggy style. It's not what you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter