DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. It is another beautiful day here in KY, although rain is forecasted for the next 12 hours today. Still, a good week at home and back to campus next week.

Hey one foot in front of the other. One must learn to walk before one can run

And maybe Don in the back, although I can't make it out thru the shadow on the raised arms. I missed a few, and didn't put them in order or from the two different pictures. I got most of them though.

be right back I need to back read and quote some posts before Norm yells at me. My next post will be some responses

And I stand corrected. I'll be eagerly waiting for you to reply to my posts of which ones were correct, list names of all dads in those pictures, and give me a % score.

Newfoundland. And it looks like you're north of TO?

And what's with spelling neighbour without the U? You're gonna make Norm think that's the right way to spell it! :laughing:

I've given up on trying to save you from your overuse of Uuus once I saw you added re and er and some other wrong grammar rule that I already forget but couldn't have kept up with anyway. :lmao:

Morning all.

Beautiful Saturday morning up here; just enjoying some coffee and watching Man U vs Man City.

Have a good one.

Happy Saturday guys. Sitting with the remote in hand watching the early games. Georgia is in a tight game right now. Florida plays Kentucky in a bit, hoping to make the consecutive win streak an even 30. Sorry Norm, had to mention it. Really worried about this game, KY usually plays Florida tough. Could be a good or mediocre weekend depending on the outcome.

Damn my shyness gets me all the time

Yea, you are just a little wall flower.

DD started 8th grade this year and I'm scratching my head wondering how time flew by... just like most other dads here. I know I'm late for a throwback thursday... but took a look at this picture (from 2010) today and couldn't believe it's the same girl I looked at this morning before I left for work:

Happens quick. She has grown into a beautiful young lady.

see I am a slow eater. Everyones
Dole whip is half eaten or almost gone Mine still has the whip on the top

There were probably 3 dead soldiers lying on the ground around you.

Bonus points to any Dad that can name all dads in the two pics I posted

Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Gummo, Zeppo, Larry, Curly, Moe and Fred.

Happy Saturday guys. Sitting with the remote in hand watching the early games. Georgia is in a tight game right now. Florida plays Kentucky in a bit, hoping to make the consecutive win streak an even 30. Sorry Norm, had to mention it. Really worried about this game, KY usually plays Florida tough. Could be a good or mediocre weekend depending on the outcome.

You still count Florida vs UK as a game? I figured it was just the cupcake team Florida selected permanently for homecoming weekend. :lmao:

If you spot me 28 points, I still don't know if it would be a good bet for UK. Let's revisit this matchup during basketball season.

Afternoon gents. Gorgeous day here today.
Got the pool put to bed for winter... and I'm beat.
Going to the folks' place for BBQ though, so it's all good.

Everyones
Dole whip is half eaten or almost gone Mine still has the whip on the top

Your restraint is impressive.

A 2005 Mercedes convertible went for $6K. If only I had an extra $6K

Not bad. In good shape?

I could model for you. Wait, you want to be hired, not sued for indecency. :sad2:

:laughing: Not to worry. The camera would break anyway.

Not a bad thought though. Getting paid to do what you enjoy has to be a great idea.

It'd be a nice change.

Nate, Randall, Terrance, Mark, Carl, Aaron, Barry, Paul, Scott, Adam, Brian

Why does it matter? Carl's not going to even try to read anyone's post, much less reply to it.
you combined the two photos. Too much work to go and separate them. But it seems you are 4 names short so I will grade you a B on it

Happy Sunday. Another beautiful sunny morning here. I baked bread, am going to the gym this AM, younger dd has tennis this afternoon, and Mass this evening. A friend turned 50 this year, and his wife threw him a surprise party and asked for cash as a present. For his gift (and all the cash), they flew to Dallas for the game today. They arrived yesterday on whatever package deal, did tours, watch the game today, and will fly back home tomorrow. He texted me that I could get an autographed helmet for the low price of $695. :eek:

I made it through the first half and turned it off. Great for Gators' fans, no so much for UK fans.

Not bad. In good shape?

Yes, the car looked and sounded in good shape, although, I didn't really look at it much. They briefly start it, but it's a short drive up to the red carpet as it is frowned upon to kill all your bidders with carbon monoxide. The exterior looked in great shape, and it was a good deal that went with no reserve.

you combined the two photos. Too much work to go and separate them. But it seems you are 4 names short so I will grade you a B on it

Thanks for the evaluation, and that sounds like the effort I usually provide. It would be way too much work to reply to two different photos. There were a few I didn't recognize.

Last edited:
Morning all!
Another beautiful day here. Promised my Mom I'd go with her to visit my aunt. Not a fun visit will it be, but it makes mom happy, so.... Hopefully it'll be short and... short.

Hey! Anyone else getting the ad at the bottom re: "See the coolest cat ever"?
Great ad.

Last night I watched my football team (on TV... tried for tickets, but the Banjo Bowl as it's called was sold out.)
They started the season 1-4 and then put in the backup quarterback. Now we're 7-4.

Re the Banjo Bowl.
We've got a great rivalry with our next door Province's team (Saskatchewan Rough Riders). For the last 13 years, we've done back to back games. The Labour Day game is there, the Banjo Bowl is here. Always a great series win or lose. (of course it's better to win.)

Why is it called the Banjo Bowl?
It started back in 2003. Our kicker, Troy Westwood, made a comment that hit the news and went viral. He said that everyone who lived in Saskatchewan were banjo playing inbreds.
Of course there was an uproar from next door, so a few days later he issued an apology.
He said, and I quote:

"I had referred to the people of Saskatchewan as a bunch of banjo-picking inbreds," Westwood said. "I was wrong to make such a statement, and I'd like to apologize.

"The vast majority of the people in Saskatchewan have no idea how to play the banjo."

And the Banjo Bowl was born.

it's a short drive up to the red carpet as it is frowned upon to kill all your bidders with carbon monoxide.

Air is for the weak! Fire it up!

The exterior looked in great shape, and it was a good deal that went with no reserve.

Not bad!

9-11 is normally tough for me. I was living in NY at the time and DD and I visited the towers less than a month before the attack. I worked Downtown and would often have lunch there, they had a great bookstore and I bought discount theater tickets at the TKTS booth on the 2nd floor of the lobby. No one I knew lost their life in the attack, but friends lost friends. Plus, I miss the buildings. With time comes perspective but I will never forget that day or the months that followed.

Wasn't going to post any pictures this year but decided on just this one,,,

Lady Liberty is in the background.

9-11 is normally tough for me. I was living in NY at the time and DD and I visited the towers less than a month before the attack. I worked Downtown and would often have lunch there, they had a great bookstore and I bought discount theater tickets at the TKTS booth on the 2nd floor of the lobby. No one I knew lost their life in the attack, but friends lost friends. Plus, I miss the buildings. With time comes perspective but I will never forget that day or the months that followed.

There are times in every generation that no one forgets. This is one of ours. I've never even been to NYC, but I watched the events unfold like millions of others.

There are times in every generation that no one forgets. This is one of ours. I've never even been to NYC, but I watched the events unfold like millions of others.
You are so right. For many of us USA folks, the previous generation was Kennedy, this is ours. It troubles me to think what will be our children's "thing".

It started back in 2003. Our kicker, Troy Westwood, made a comment that hit the news and went viral. He said that everyone who lived in Saskatchewan were banjo playing inbreds.
Of course there was an uproar from next door, so a few days later he issued an apology.
He said, and I quote:

"I had referred to the people of Saskatchewan as a bunch of banjo-picking inbreds," Westwood said. "I was wrong to make such a statement, and I'd like to apologize.

"The vast majority of the people in Saskatchewan have no idea how to play the banjo."

So glad you explained the Banjo Bowl! I hadn't heard of it. I don't really follow the CFL that much - maybe watch the Grey Cup. But that's a great story, such a shame most people in SK can't play the banjo :tongue:

I expect it's a day none of us in this generation will forget. There was a big impact here on the east coast of Canada as well. When US airspace was closed, all those planes had to go somewhere and most of them came to our airports. The small town of Gander (pop. 10,000) had almost as many stranded passengers at the airport. It was a horrible day, but at the same time some inspiring stories came from it. If you'll indulge me, I've linked a recent article about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/gander-thanked-by-new-york-1.3755153

Happy Monday morning. I get to make the 144 mile daily round trip to campus thru Thurs this week. It does take a toll. In other news, DW and I talked about car searching. Mine is sounding rough and probably won't last that daily commute much longer. Now, just need to find the $ for a vehicle.

Last night I watched my football team (on TV... tried for tickets, but the Banjo Bowl as it's called was sold out.)
They started the season 1-4 and then put in the backup quarterback. Now we're 7-4.

Re the Banjo Bowl.
We've got a great rivalry with our next door Province's team (Saskatchewan Rough Riders). For the last 13 years, we've done back to back games. The Labour Day game is there, the Banjo Bowl is here. Always a great series win or lose. (of course it's better to win.)

He said, and I quote:

!

Sadly, KY is known for both banjo playing and their in-breeding. Do a internet search of "blue people of Kentucky". It's not that three person group you see on TV. :sad2:

d.

I forgot you lived in NY at the time. Sadly, it's effects have lingered in our country so many of these years later where people are no longer unified, but polarized so vehemently against one another.

Happy Monday everyone! Had an eventful weekend. Smoked 40 lbs of pulled pork for an office party. Had to finish the cook in the oven inside and my house still smells like butt. It's wonderful!

Morning Guys.

Another Monday is upon us, Hooray!

Hope you all have a good one.
Just that much closer to Friday. Oh why can't work weeks be two days and weekend ends be five days?

Happy Monday morning. I get to make the 144 mile daily round trip to campus thru Thurs this week. It does take a toll. In other news, DW and I talked about car searching. Mine is sounding rough and probably won't last that daily commute much longer. Now, just need to find the $ for a vehicle.

The price of cars today is just crazy. One should not have to go into debt to seven years just to afford a decent ride.

Morning folks. Just two more days until Disney!

So glad you explained the Banjo Bowl! I hadn't heard of it. I don't really follow the CFL that much - maybe watch the Grey Cup. But that's a great story, such a shame most people in SK can't play the banjo :tongue:

:laughing:

Sadly, KY is known for both banjo playing and their in-breeding. Do a internet search of "blue people of Kentucky". It's not that three person group you see on TV. :sad2:

I did. Interesting. Looks like it was more or less forced upon them due to travel difficulties.

Smoked 40 lbs of pulled pork for an office party.

But did you inhale?

Had to finish the cook in the oven inside and my house still smells like butt. It's wonderful!

:lmao: Very few people can say their house smells like butt and like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter