• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Any of you guys do Kennedy Space Center? While I haven't gotten the greenlight to go, I'm back to researching as a just-in-case measure. I love planning trips, so you can't keep me down for long. Anyways, I think a trip to KSC would be a great side-trip but know nothing about it. I'm going to do some research but thought I'd ask here first.

Any of you guys do Kennedy Space Center? While I haven't gotten the greenlight to go, I'm back to researching as a just-in-case measure. I love planning trips, so you can't keep me down for long. Anyways, I think a trip to KSC would be a great side-trip but know nothing about it. I'm going to do some research but thought I'd ask here first.
KSC is terrific. I was blown away at the Saturn V display. Seeing just how big Atlantis (Space Shuttle) really is was... almost shocking. But in a good way. Apollo 8 firing room was fun and really gave you a sense of what it must've been like.

Morning, Fellas! Hope everyone had a good weekend. And @pkondz? Don't know where you are in your week, but hope you're having a good week.

KSC is terrific. I was blown away at the Saturn V display. Seeing just how big Atlantis (Space Shuttle) really is was... almost shocking. But in a good way. Apollo 8 firing room was fun and really gave you a sense of what it must've been like.

I found a thread here on the Dis, and one of the members said you can spend day there, and considering what they have to offer I can easily see that.

And @pkondz? Don't know where you are in your week, but hope you're having a good week.
It's Tuesday.
Curious to see if my 8 hour day will turn into 16 hours. 50/50 chance. That'll segue nicely into tomorrow's 12 hour day.
I found a thread here on the Dis, and one of the members said you can spend day there, and considering what they have to offer I can easily see that.
A day is do-able for sure. I don't remember how long I spent there, but it was a few hours at least.
Forgot to mention... the Columbia and Challenger memorial is not to be missed, but also pretty gut-wrenching.

What @pkondz said. It's absolutely worth a visit. You could definitely fill the better part of a day there, especially if you are traveling from the Orlando area--it'll be a little over an hour's drive to and from KSC. The bus tour takes a couple of hours alone and is fascinating, and then you get dropped off at the Saturn V building which is immense and will occupy another couple of hours. The space shuttle is also a great exhibit back at the main visitor center.

What @pkondz said. It's absolutely worth a visit. You could definitely fill the better part of a day there, especially if you are traveling from the Orlando area--it'll be a little over an hour's drive to and from KSC. The bus tour takes a couple of hours alone and is fascinating, and then you get dropped off at the Saturn V building which is immense and will occupy another couple of hours. The space shuttle is also a great exhibit back at the main visitor center.
1657550916605.gif

Evening, Fellas! Had a good day at the office until that one patient that I had to ask to leave because they got belligerent. This is starting to become a thing with me because this isn't the first time this has happened to me. This time I had a witness who said I did everything right, and that there was nothing else I could have done. I even talked to the patient's doctor about what had happened and she said that that patient is very intense and that I did everything right....so I'm not worried.

It's Tuesday.
Curious to see if my 8 hour day will turn into 16 hours. 50/50 chance. That'll segue nicely into tomorrow's 12 hour day.
Morning All. It's Monday here but it seems pkondz is in the future. He seems to have found a crack in the space time continuum.

Hehe You said "crack." :teeth:

A day is do-able for sure. I don't remember how long I spent there, but it was a few hours at least.
Forgot to mention... the Columbia and Challenger memorial is not to be missed, but also pretty gut-wrenching.

Knowing I can spend a day there is a great! It'll be a huge checkmark in the plus column when we revisit this trip, if we revisit it.

Good information to know. Thanks

Evening, Fellas! Had a good day at the office until that one patient that I had to ask to leave because they got belligerent. This is starting to become a thing with me because this isn't the first time this has happened to me. This time I had a witness who said I did everything right, and that there was nothing else I could have done. I even talked to the patient's doctor about what had happened and she said that that patient is very intense and that I did everything right....so I'm not worried.
Good for you. Sounds like you handled it just right.

Morning, gents.
Got to work this morning and... forgot I was working 12 hours today. I was feeling "ugh" about coming in already so it's icing on the cake.
Oh well. August will be lots better.

Morning, gents.
Got to work this morning and... forgot I was working 12 hours today. I was feeling "ugh" about coming in already so it's icing on the cake.
Oh well. August will be lots better.

Attachments

• B5D3FA7D-96C5-41E5-BBB0-F771460DA20A.gif
    B5D3FA7D-96C5-41E5-BBB0-F771460DA20A.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
I pop in to check on to check in the shenanigans going on around here and I had to double check my calendar to see what day it actually is. Pkondz is on Tuesday (or it is Thursday?) but with the hours he is putting in, it might be next Friday already. Darcy is posting Hump Day at 8:22 on Tuesday night, though he is so far east of me, it could be Wednesday already. Or maybe he found pkondz's crack :rotfl2:.

On a completely unrelated note, I need some ideas to make a quick buck. I will accept all ideas, even dubiously legal ones. I can give a good price on a low milage liver. Does anyone have tips on card counting?

The Kid turns 18 on Christmas and of course she wants to spend it at Disney. Since her baby is becoming an adult, my wife wants to go all out, giving The Kid whatever she wants, and even some things she doesn't know she wants. The preliminary list of restaurants they want to eat at include Steakhouse71, O'hana, Teppen Edo, Top of The World Lounge, and basically every other table service on property. The list of souvenirs is long and there has been discussion of flying business or first class. I try to be the voice of reason, but as the only male in the family, my vote counts for approximately .0000000001%

Morning, gents.
It is morning, isn't it?
Or maybe he found pkondz's crack :rotfl2:.
:laughing:
Pkondz is on Tuesday (or it is Thursday?)
Neither. It's Friday part 1. Part 2 ends tomorrow morning. Saturday and Sunday is the day after that, then Monday happens over the next three days.
I mean... it's pretty simple, really. :confused3
Does anyone have tips on card counting?
Yes! Take a pack of cards and flip the top card over. That's 1. Keep flipping the cards and counting up: 2, 3, 4, etc. When you reach the end, if you are at 52, you did it right. If you're at 54, you forgot to take out the jokers or you can't count cards.
The preliminary list of restaurants they want to eat at include Steakhouse71, O'hana, Teppen Edo, Top of The World Lounge, and basically every other table service on property.
Throw in Victoria & Albert's.
there has been discussion of flying business or first class.
:eek:
I try to be the voice of reason, but as the only male in the family, my vote counts for approximately .0000000001%
Oh wise one, please tell us how you rate such high influence with SWMBO?

I pop in to check on to check in the shenanigans going on around here and I had to double check my calendar to see what day it actually is. Pkondz is on Tuesday (or it is Thursday?) but with the hours he is putting in, it might be next Friday already. Darcy is posting Hump Day at 8:22 on Tuesday night, though he is so far east of me, it could be Wednesday already. Or maybe he found pkondz's crack :rotfl2:.

On a completely unrelated note, I need some ideas to make a quick buck. I will accept all ideas, even dubiously legal ones. I can give a good price on a low milage liver. Does anyone have tips on card counting?

The Kid turns 18 on Christmas and of course she wants to spend it at Disney. Since her baby is becoming an adult, my wife wants to go all out, giving The Kid whatever she wants, and even some things she doesn't know she wants. The preliminary list of restaurants they want to eat at include Steakhouse71, O'hana, Teppen Edo, Top of The World Lounge, and basically every other table service on property. The list of souvenirs is long and there has been discussion of flying business or first class. I try to be the voice of reason, but as the only male in the family, my vote counts for approximately .0000000001%

Maybe a telemarketing gig checking on people's extended warranties.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter