DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's asking a lot of my Universe Controlling abilities... But I'll do my best.

Now, ready for this... My office... hasn't had HEAT since MONDAY!

You control the universe, just not your own little corner of it.

twokids0204 said:
That's asking a lot of my Universe Controlling abilities... But I'll do my best.

Now, ready for this... My office... hasn't had HEAT since MONDAY!

So it's a basic igloo???

Morning Dad's...

Gonna be a chiller here today in Snow City!

Sorry to hear that. Although I would prefer to have cold weather in the winter. We have it sunny and 75 F here today. This plays havoc on my sinuses when the 30 and 40 F weather hits.

What is the old saying about women changing their minds? :rotfl: Now we have a new set of dates to plan for our vacation. :confused3

I really wanted to go at the end of January, but DW conviced me DS would have a hard time in school if he missed a whole week. So now we are looking at Nov 26 - Dec 3, 2013. That puts us there the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for huge crowds. :scared1: At least the crowds should diminish Sunday after Thanksgiving and give us a few days of low crowds before we leave. :cloud9:

We liked the idea of the kids (and us adults) getting to see the Christmas decorations and attend a MVMCP. The kids will only miss two days of school and we have heard back from some teachers at DS's school saying they don't plan anything heavy immediately after Thanksgiving break because many kids miss a few days before and/or after the break anyway. So we've got that going for us. :hippie:

Now I will have to be ready at my 180+ day mark for ADR's because DW wants Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wish me luck! popcorn:: Any other recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are looking at staying at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the new Royal Rooms. We have stayed in Oak Manor at POR before the renovations for the Royal Rooms (this is one of the two buildings renovated for the Royal Rooms) and we loved it. I am looking forward to getting back to POR. I think a night of 'Ye Haa' Bob Jackson during the super crowded days at the parks can help keep us sane.

I figure if we stick to rope drops on the busy days and leave around lunch time, we can avoid some of the craziness. :crazy: Then we can do some commando-style touring during the slower days at the end of the trip to ensure we get to do all the attractions we wanted.

Anyone have experience at the parks during Thanksgiving week and the week following? Is it as bad as I think it may be?

What is the old saying about women changing their minds? :rotfl: Now we have a new set of dates to plan for our vacation. :confused3

I really wanted to go at the end of January, but DW conviced me DS would have a hard time in school if he missed a whole week. So now we are looking at Nov 26 - Dec 3, 2013. That puts us there the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for huge crowds. :scared1: At least the crowds should diminish Sunday after Thanksgiving and give us a few days of low crowds before we leave. :cloud9:

We liked the idea of the kids (and us adults) getting to see the Christmas decorations and attend a MVMCP. The kids will only miss two days of school and we have heard back from some teachers at DS's school saying they don't plan anything heavy immediately after Thanksgiving break because many kids miss a few days before and/or after the break anyway. So we've got that going for us. :hippie:

Now I will have to be ready at my 180+ day mark for ADR's because DW wants Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wish me luck! popcorn:: Any other recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are looking at staying at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the new Royal Rooms. We have stayed in Oak Manor at POR before the renovations for the Royal Rooms (this is one of the two buildings renovated for the Royal Rooms) and we loved it. I am looking forward to getting back to POR. I think a night of 'Ye Haa' Bob Jackson during the super crowded days at the parks can help keep us sane.

I figure if we stick to rope drops on the busy days and leave around lunch time, we can avoid some of the craziness. :crazy: Then we can do some commando-style touring during the slower days at the end of the trip to ensure we get to do all the attractions we wanted.

Anyone have experience at the parks during Thanksgiving week and the week following? Is it as bad as I think it may be?

If LTT doesn't pan out... the food at the Garden Grill is pretty Thanksgiving-ish.

Did that a few years ago. Really crazy before Thanksgiving and that weekend but Thanksgiving morning was slow. Tapered down after the weekend. We did the rope drop strategy and it worked well for us. For turkey day dinner we went to Whispering Canyon. Good meal but expensive. The hotel atmosphere was a perfect setting for dinner. Liberty Tree would be cool to do.

Good Luck and continued success with the businessessessess.

Thank you.

you'd think that, right? but this money has to go toward the things we neglect in order to take our current trips. :lmao:

maybe they just didn't see all the jockeys. They are kinda short and easy to overlook. :confused3

Thanks. one of those jobs where I never see my boss and hardly speak to him. So this came out of left field.

hi Dave :wave:

wait a sec. There's only 365 days in a year (366 in a leap year), and you take like 4 trips to WDW each year... so shouldn't you always be doing the double digit dance??

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had to call the phone system to make ADRs, and even that told me I couldn't, so I had to swear a bit to get transferred to a live person. Then it was all good.

thanks!
its only twice a year. :thumbsup2

It was also reported that there were enough doses of hydrocodone distributed in eastern KY last year to provide 51 doses for everyone and over 430,000 marijuana plants were confiscated last year.

No Zerphonics :confused3

Never mind.

Nobody produces illegal bourbon. Bourbon has to be aged for 2 years in new oak barrels and nobody that produces their own liquor will go to that trouble.

Keep at it.

ok, so i forgot the other e. :lmao::lmao:

they are calling for three to six inches of snow around here from friday morning till sat. morning. you would think the world is coming to an end. :rotfl: i love driving in the snow, safest time to be on the roads, all the retirees stay home. :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear that. Although I would prefer to have cold weather in the winter. We have it sunny and 75 F here today. This plays havoc on my sinuses when the 30 and 40 F weather hits.

Amen.

Now I will have to be ready at my 180+ day mark for ADR's because DW wants Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wish me luck! popcorn:: Any other recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner? ?

I didn't like LTT's dinner. The lunch has an a la carte menu.

Family accuses Disneyland rabbit of racism. Has anyone felt discriminated against while at Disney?

Yes. I stayed at BLT & didn't get a free night in the castle.

Will be glad to do it. We need investors first so they can pay research costs involved with the project. May take a year or so staying at WDW but I would be willing to sacrifice.

I can give them your credit card # to get going.

Glad you got relatively good news on the car. Makes it a little less painful.

My last pension plan was working for Cornell in the early '90s but I got laid off before it vested. Cashed it in and swore I would never work for a state retirement system again so I have always gone for the alternative retirement plans. That hasn't worked out particularly well, but I figure if I'm not doing well at retirement I would rather it be my fault than someone else. .

Thanks. I am in the KTRS & DW is in KRS. If the state pension system goes under, we will definitely be living on CJ's front yard, minus the camper.

Hey Norm, I need CJ's cc numbers so I can book some quick flights to Miami.:rotfl2::rotfl2: We'll just stay at his house. I'm sure he in the "Keys" again anyway.:headache:

I'll put it on FB. Safer that way. :lmao:

In time, we'll get to better resorts, but we go with what we can afford. I don't really want it that way, but somewhere down the line, we will likely inherit DW's parents DVC contract they got a couple of years ago, then we'll really get places.

We were fine there as well. WDW knew what they were doing when they upgraded us.

Kentuckians have their priorities straight. And many of us are glad for it. At least not terrible news. Think of the car you could buy for $450..

I'd rather have $450 worth of bourbon. Basil Hayden brand.

A Dis dads restaurant!! I love it, we can split the shifts and that gives us time at the parks!! Any other dads wanna join.
Time for CJ to start looking for a location. :)

I forget. What cuisine is your restaurant?

Right now, some disgusting mixture of rain and snow is working hard to assure that I never see the inside of my car again. 40 minutes left of my work day, but the process of scraping my car and driving through this mess is making me feel that there is waaaaaay too much standing between me and my couch.

lUCKY!!!! WISH WE WOULD THAT THAT KIND OF SNOW

You can have it! :wave2: I'm moving in with CJ, for real this time. :thumbsup2

Stay safe Paul!

Thx, we'll try! SHould be ok, just a pita...

Be safe Paul - hope these storms fizzle out quick!

Me too!

Yup. Already planning to be in the office for a few hours tomorrow and head home before everyone else clogs up the highways.:sad2: Stay safe and have some fun outside with the little ones. They are saying mid to high 40's by next week again so it may not last that long.

Our office closed for the day tomorrow. Lucky for me, since I'm only 4 miles away and don't have an escuse not to go in otherwise! :rotfl2:

Be safe. :thumbsup2

The kids can build a snow fort with a basement. :thumbsup2
It better have an entertainment room with a bar too if they expect me to come out there and join them.

Just saw this story on Yahoo news..

Family accuses Disneyland rabbit of racism

http://news.yahoo.com/video/black-family-claims-disneyland-character-021900178.html

Has anyone felt discriminated against while at Disney?

I felt discriminated against at the DDCC by Randall. He treated those stupid penguins much better than he treated me. :worried:

dvczerfs said:
they are calling for three to six inches of snow around here from friday morning till sat. morning. you would think the world is coming to an end. :rotfl: i love driving in the snow, safest time to be on the roads, all the retirees stay home. :rotfl2:

Pretty hilarious with all the people running around at the grocery store buying milk and bread. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter