DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys! Just back from Wood Badge. A great experience! Learned lots about teamwork, leadership, and communication. And had super fun! Thanks again to those Scouting Dis Dads (especially Stopher) who encouraged me to do it. If you have the opportunity, I would definitely recommend it!

Nice new digs, Don!! I'll try to catch up, but I doubt I will if our race to the end is as per usual...

How come you all aren't racing on the other thread?

Well club soccer is over for the summer, the boys fell to a very strong team this morning 3-0. It was tight for the first 40 minutes but in the end the better skilled and better coached team came out on top.

Couple weeks off and school soccer and regional skills camps will be starting up. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Gents.

Coordinated 22 teams total in U10 & U12. Conducted player clinic on hurt ankle last week. Coaches meeting this week. Have to coach my own team in there as well. I'm tired already.

Just hanging out in our room for a few minutes before we head back out to DHS for Fantasmic tonight and 6:30 TSM fast passes.

We are considering a water park day next week and wondering which park you guys would pick? Should we do one park or maybe upgrade one day ticket to season pass which is cheaper than 2 single day tickets, Then we are set for the entire year?

We did typhoon lagoon with the wave pool and my favorite, the lazy river. I think the better slides are at blizzard beach.

Forgot to mention that on the way down, I passed dozens of utility trucks heading south to help in restoring power. 8,500 customers without power in Dade and 4,500 in Broward. Called the neighbors but they didn't answer so don't know if we have power or not. FPL (our utility company) has a site that shows power outages in the state. All of South Florida (from east to west coast) is red meaning lots of outages.

Hoe everything is ok. Prayers.

I come back and you guys already have a new room, Great Job Don:thumbsup2

Great. I ran over my text plan with just your texts.

Decent staycation Day 1....sleep, swimming, a little side trip to get a few groceries and pizza & wings while watching POTC:World's End. DW and I did a little trip planning in for next year to boot bouncing ideas off one another, I jotted them down.

Tomorrow looks to be fairly low-key, calling for rain and t-storms all day. Still beats work!

Just hanging out in our room for a few minutes before we head back out to DHS for Fantasmic tonight and 6:30 TSM fast passes.

We are considering a water park day next week and wondering which park you guys would pick? Should we do one park or maybe upgrade one day ticket to season pass which is cheaper than 2 single day tickets, Then we are set for the entire year?

I like Typhoon better than Blizzard. The wave pool and the reef swim are great. So is Crush and Gusher. The kids area is better at Blizzard. Especially the tween area.

My official entry in the Beverly Contest....

Sorry DW had her finger over the mic for part of it... unintentional I assure you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxkgjtAXKA

Oh the Humanity. That was hard to watch. Impressive, but hard to watch. Congrats on the record but not sure it will last after January. Proof that members of this group are a bit nuts.

Talked to my next door neighbor earlier. Big rain and wind event but that was about it. They were without power for around 5 hours and some limbs down but nothing serious. The Keys didn't have much damage. Feel bad for the people in the Panhandle to New Orleans area. Looks like it is going to strengthen before landfall.

So South Florida is safe until I leave to visit the kid in early October.

Oh, my god. Had a "My Cousin Vinnie" moment. I swear a train passed within 5 feet of my hotel room. Horn blowing and the windows were rattling. Luckily I was awake or I would have jumped out of the bed thinking I was going to die. Hope that is it for tonight.

Oh, my god. Had a "My Cousin Vinnie" moment. I swear a train passed within 5 feet of my hotel room. Horn blowing and the windows were rattling. Luckily I was awake or I would have jumped out of the bed thinking I was going to die. Hope that is it for tonight.

Where are you

Can’t sleep…
Hate it when that happens.
I won’t even be worth shooting tomorrow.

My official entry in the Beverly Contest....

Sorry DW had her finger over the mic for part of it... unintentional I assure you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxkgjtAXKA

Impressive? :crazy2:

Whoa! :eek: And you are still standing? :lmao: That's awesome. Did you guys happen to see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hwOKpMvXWI&feature=related

OK…
13 was nuts… 38 is insane… 57!!! That’s 2.5 litters! :faint:

I think this got lost in my flurry of posts in the closing:

It appears that Typhoon Bolaven will be hitting the Korean Peninsula sometime this evening/tonight. We should be ok here in Pohang, just on the outskirts of it. Looks pretty huge though...I read that the storm system was equal size/distance of "France to Poland." Jeju Island, I sort of resort/topical part of South Korea, is just starting to get rained on now. Hopefully, it won't start raining here until after 9pm, when I finish my private lesson...

Whoa! :eek: And you are still standing? :lmao: That's awesome. Did you guys happen to see this video?

yield.gif

‘Morning all…

I feel like Beverly.
I hate sleepless nights…
Followed by Monday mornings…

I need a vacation.

I think this got lost in my flurry of posts in the closing:

It appears that Typhoon Bolaven will be hitting the Korean Peninsula sometime this evening/tonight. We should be ok here in Pohang, just on the outskirts of it. Looks pretty huge though...I read that the storm system was equal size/distance of "France to Poland." Jeju Island, I sort of resort/topical part of South Korea, is just starting to get rained on now. Hopefully, it won't start raining here until after 9pm, when I finish my private lesson...

Hopefully it will veer away. In any case… stay safe.

Ditto

So… Where’s David?
I would have expected him to be up back there when I was.

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes said:
‘Morning all…

I feel like Beverly.
I hate sleepless nights…
Followed by Monday mornings…

I need a vacation.

Hopefully it will veer away. In any case… stay safe.

Ditto

So… Where’s David?
I would have expected him to be up back there when I was.

I think he hangs out at the pub more often these days.

Morning men.

Casey I hope that the typhoon doesn't impact you too much.

CJ, I hope that Issac doesn't impact you too much.

All Gulf Coast area dads, I pray that Issac is kind to you all.

Have a good day folks.

Oh the Humanity. That was hard to watch. Impressive, but hard to watch. Congrats on the record but not sure it will last after January. Proof that members of this group are a bit nuts.

Talked to my next door neighbor earlier. Big rain and wind event but that was about it. They were without power for around 5 hours and some limbs down but nothing serious. The Keys didn't have much damage. Feel bad for the people in the Panhandle to New Orleans area. Looks like it is going to strengthen before landfall.

I don't expect it to last to long... was gonna keep going, but the kids were with me, was more for fun, and a friendly challenge.

Hopefully the worst of Hurricane Isaac has past... Glad to hear there was no real damage. For those still in it's path... stay safe.

13 impressive, looks like u were gonna lose it a few times there lol

It's very gassy...

Wow nemmy........I don't know whether that was impressive or insane!

Hope you were still able to enjoy your le cellier lunch after all that!

We had an awesome lunch at Le Cellier. We even spread the Disney Magic and brought our waitress a can of Tim Horton's from home.

I did see that video, and for the record... they were using shot glasses which are 1/2 the size ;).

Brian, Is it true you did Mission Space orange line 3 times in a row right after this:scared1:

Hahaha... now, that'd be a sight.

Impressive? :crazy2:

Thanks... :lmao:

Personally I like the knuckle button push.

Well2Bdone2Bsir2B_b0f8c11d7bf4015a1.gif

The machines are so sticky, I hate sticky... :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter