DDC XIV - It's a trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the Magical Express back to the airport yesterday, I found myself getting pretty excited about the idea of a Disney Cruise (great Job Disney Marketing!), and started thinking about doing a 4 day DVC stay at WDW, then maybe a 3/4 night cruise (Or reverse order of that)...

My question is, has anyone done a cruise with younger kids? DD would be 5 or 6 then, and DS would be around 2. I feel like that's too young for them to really enjoy it, but I'm not sure.... Any thoughts?

So on the Magical Express back to the airport yesterday, I found myself getting pretty excited about the idea of a Disney Cruise (great Job Disney Marketing!), and started thinking about doing a 4 day DVC stay at WDW, then maybe a 3/4 night cruise (Or reverse order of that)...

My question is, has anyone done a cruise with younger kids? DD would be 5 or 6 then, and DS would be around 2. I feel like that's too young for them to really enjoy it, but I'm not sure.... Any thoughts?

Kids enjoy pretty much the same things that Mommy and Daddy like at that age. Plus there is the kids section for them. And if you're thinking a Disney Cruise, well it's DISNEY!

I'm curious to see the answers, because I've kicked the idea around for a cruise sometime in the next few years. Seeing how DS reacted at WDW as a 22 month old, it makes me think it may not be all that bad to do a cruise with young kids. They would likely enjoy seeing characters and the sights and sounds on the boat (and just eat up the fact that they're on a big boat), but it would be hard to do many activities. Especially with children too young for the kids clubs. It would be good for relaxing and spending time by the pools and splash areas on the ship though. I don't think I'd probably want to get off in Nassau, but could still have fun at Castaway Cay. :confused3

A buddy of mine ran in the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. this past fall. He said he noticed a woman in the crowd holding up a sign that read:

"You have stamina! Call me."

:eek: :rotfl:
:scared1:

Our youngest was 5 on our Disney cruise. I think she enjoyed it more than the parks. Any time we ask our kids what they want to do for their next vacation "going on the dream again" is their answer. I would do the 4 night cruise rather than the 3 night. Even if it meant having to spend to days less at the parks.

I'm curious to see the answers, because I've kicked the idea around for a cruise sometime in the next few years. Seeing how DS reacted at WDW as a 22 month old, it makes me think it may not be all that bad to do a cruise with young kids. They would likely enjoy seeing characters and the sights and sounds on the boat (and just eat up the fact that they're on a big boat), but it would be hard to do many activities. Especially with children too young for the kids clubs. It would be good for relaxing and spending time by the pools and splash areas on the ship though. I don't think I'd probably want to get off in Nassau, but could still have fun at Castaway Cay. :confused3

We skipped Nassau on our trip. You'd definitely have fun at Castaway Cay.

Kids enjoy pretty much the same things that Mommy and Daddy like at that age. Plus there is the kids section for them. And if you're thinking a Disney Cruise, well it's DISNEY!

Hmmm... not sure my toddlers would enjoy drinking a half a bottle of scotch on our balcony and screaming at the dolphins off the side of the boat because they think they're better than me... But I could be wrong... :confused3

DW and I were looking at Disneyland last night, and on the DL quote page, it allows you to add other destinations to the package, like Universal and Legoland (that's a nice option!). One of the options was a tour of L.A./Hollywood. DW would love to do that if we went out there, but we figured the kids wouldn't get much out of it. So we're planning on that when they get older, maybe early teens. (Full disclosure time: I went out to LA the Summer between my Junior and Senior years, and hated it. So I'm not really looking forward to heading out there. And certainly not looking forward to the Hollywood thing. That was such a disillusionment when I was there the last time.)

TL

Hmmm... not sure my toddlers would enjoy drinking a half a bottle of scotch on our balcony and screaming at the dolphins off the side of the boat because they think they're better than me... But I could be wrong... :confused3

Who are you trying to fool, kids love screaming at anything - dolphins, rocks, the wall, themselves. Screaming keeps my DD4 amused for hours.... :guilty:

TL

Indolence capable of energies.
(Me), (DW), (DD4), (DD:Pending)
DIS Dad's Member #551 -- twokids0204 is the greatest guy EVER!
A Very Turkey Trip Report: 1/22/11 - 1/29/11

I'm sure that Brian is the best guy ever, but did I miss why this is in your sig?

I'm sure that Brian is the best guy ever, but did I miss why this is in your sig?

If I recall, he's trying to suck up to Brian so when Brian wins the lottery and builds a house in Golden Oaks, he gets a free room there.

So he's just trying to make sure Brian remembers. ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong Patrick.

If I recall, he's trying to suck up to Brian so when Brian wins the lottery and builds a house in Golden Oaks, he gets a free room there.

So he's just trying to make sure Brian remembers. ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong Patrick.

I thought he was going to buy DVC memberships for a select few dads if he won the lottery and TL is trying to make sure he's at the top of the list.

Norm was going to buy the place at Golden Oaks and let us use the guest house.

I'm back from the race too. It looks likeI've got about 40 pages to catch up on. 39 miles is a really long way to run. I'll be working on a TR ( I still need to write one for DL too) but here are the high points.

1. It was neat getting to meet Paul before the full Marathon

2. If you want to run this weekend at Disney and only want to do a half marathon do the Marathon relay not the Donald race. The Marathon relay course is better and less crowded.

3. The renovated rooms at POR are great. We liked POR more than POFQ.

4. Dole whips are an ideal post race treat.

5. We went to beaches and cream to split a kitchen sink but were too tired to eat it and just got single scoop cones instead. Who knew you could be too tired to eat ice cream?

6. Using Disney's mobile web portal to book DRs was great.

7. We didn't use the dining plan but I saved all my receipts. In the end I think we ate more TS meals than the regular dining plan would have covered and we spend less than we would have on QSDP. I'll be doing the breakdown in my TR.

8. After visiting Fort Wilderness I think we are ready to start adding non park days to our trips. There is so much to do at Disney outside of the parks and we'd really like to experience that.

Congrats, you are my hero :thumbsup2

Nope, nada, zip, zilch, zero.......bless their heart....:rotfl2:

Keep the faith, Steve. It will happen :thumbsup2

:sad2:

And here I thought it would be the one about me being the lowest common denominator of any group. Sigh...

I would vote for that one :lmao:

You mean you missed the butt kissing that started about 2 days and 50 pages ago? :confused3 :lmao:

That PB started last week when we were trying to close the other thread :rotfl2:

I thought he was going to buy DVC memberships for a select few dads if he won the lottery and TL is trying to make sure he's at the top of the list.

You are correct on both points sir :thumbsup2

However, Norm is my nemesis so I get the guest room first :rotfl2:

Oh yeah...thanks for correcting me.

You are correct on both points sir :thumbsup2

However, Norm is my nemesis so I get the guest room first :rotfl2:

Hey Dave....I texted you about the podcast. I believe you mentioned something about longer handled umbrella strollers that you had purchased for your twins.

Am I right? If so, do you recall which ones you bought?

Oh yeah...thanks for correcting me.

Hey Dave....I texted you about the podcast. I believe you mentioned something about longer handled umbrella strollers that you had purchased for your twins.

Am I right? If so, do you recall which ones you bought?

Yes it was me. We bought the Jeep brand strollers. We found them at Target online. The handles were great, I am not tall (5'9") but the other umbrella strollers made me hunch over.

I just got home so i apologize for the text not being returned.

Yes it was me. We bought the Jeep brand strollers. We found them at Target online. The handles were great, I am not tall (5'9") but the other umbrella strollers made me hunch over.

I just got home so i apologize for the text not being returned.

No apology necessary. Thanks!

Everyone knows that next to cats which periodically get thrown overboard dolphins are the most conceited mammal in the sea. Its perfectly fine to yell at them. They're gonna mock you to their friends anyway so you might as well give them a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter