DD Bus Problems???

erick10520

Mouseketeer
Seems many people having problems with the bus system, especially at DD and VWL....Anyone ever try to take bus to TTC and then to resort, would that be quicker(considering some reported waits) option???
As far as VWL is concerned, we just bought in last month...What about taking bus to MK and then Monorail to other destinations, perhaps other resorts along the way that have better bus service????

DD is still the best way if you are looking at visiting other resort hotel sites. If you go to TTC you will have to wait in the sun because there is not many shaded areas there.
The other way is to go to the parks and get on a bus at there loading areas. We usually go to MK because of the covered area they have and it is all in one main area. If it looks like a long wait we go on the monorail for some fun and come back to the bus waiting area later.:bounce: :jester:

Dennis is right, the best alternative is to go to one of the parks (that are open of course) and catch a bus there to your destination. As for the TTC..not only is there no covered area, it really seems to be unorganized, as compared to other "bus terminals".

Does anyone remember the early days at OKW when the standard bus route included the Treehouses and the Villas at LBV? That was painful!

wdwoldtimer

I remember the painful trip from OKW through the treehouse villas AND Fort Wilderness ugh....:mad: Unfortunately DH remembers those days and refuses to stay at OKW now :(

Haha...we were pioneers back then, I guess. We didn't even rank as high as The Caribbean Beach Resort, who had their own bus routes!

I also remember in the early days, they'd shuffle the OKW stops at the parks all the time. I can recall it being in at least 6 different places at EPCOT over the years!

wdwoldtimer

The only trouble we had while at WDW in March was with the bus service FROM DD to VWL. We ended up taking a bus to the TTC and getting back home via FW. The ride was long, but not as long as the time spent waiting for the bus we were supposed to take from DD. (can't remember which one that was; the route changes after 4 p.m.). Anyway, that was our only complaint with the bus service while we were there.

bnb02.gif

We were at WDW in March, too, and the bus from DD to OKW was a very long wait. On one occassion, the bus picked us up at DD, but made a stop within DD for a driver shift change, and we waited even longer. There was a couple that had been on the bus trying to get to Coronado Springs when we got on it at DD, and they said they had been waiting a long time at the DD stop, too. With the shift change, it took an hour to get from DD to OKW.

I think just about everyone's had a problem with the buses to/from DD. It's probably not with any particular resort.

We waited for about 45 minutes one night for a bus, which I guess isn't bad compared to some of the horror stories. But when it left our stop, it was pretty much filled to the max. Then we stopped at the last station at DD, presumably with poeple that were waiting just as long. You should have seen their faces when a bus finally arrived, and then realizing that they weren't going to get on it!

wdwoldtimer

facebook twitter