DCP Termination

One of my old roommates got terminated because she accepted a gift from a Guest (money I guess? She worked QSF&B so that can be my only guess). So don't do that. (I was always so paranoid about that, too, but Guests understand when you say, "No thanks!")

The two people that I know personally got termed at my location, but they couldn't reveal why. It had something to do with them both being cashiers at the same time, and a Guest's story didn't match theirs, and our managers basically said that it would look better if they self-termed rather than if they were terminated by the company. It was so secretive that neither of the two would tell us, and we all trusted each other pretty well. Both of them really wanted to at least extend their programs and/or move to Florida permanently and they couldn't, so be really careful when you're working!

Thats only if you're driving a company vehicle while on the clock because its a safety issue. You can't get a reprimand if you're on your own time. If you could get a reprimand for speeding on property on your own time, the Unions would throw a fit...

If you get reprimanded for speeding, grieve it...

If the above is true...my manager lied to me! lol I got a ticket off property and was pretty shaken up about it when I came into work (my first ticket ever) and she went on this huge rant about how if it would had happened on property and they saw I was a cast member I would get a reprimand and all other kind of stuff. She told all the CPs that matter of fact.

I saw people get termed for being rude to guests, drinking underage, Grad Night schenaigans.

The one that took the cake was an attractions person who was working halloween party eating the candy in view of the guests.

I survived two college programs with a rehire status, so it can be done.

I hope that people understand that although its called The College Program, it's not University of Florida, it is employment. Disney has an extremely high standard to uphold and they're not going to deal with silly shanagains from people who think this is a party city. Be smart and you won't get terminated. If you're underage, I'm sorry, DON'T DRINK! Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to drink once you're 21. It is a Company, they are trying to please their guests, stockholders, and employees all at the same time. This program is not about getting wasted and doing stupid things. If you want to do that then stay at your college. I'm doing the program to enjoy Disney Property, work, and pass on the memories that CMs gave me when I was a child. Stay Calm and BE RESPONSIBLE!

CP Fall 2013

I hope that people understand that although its called The College Program, it's not University of Florida, it is employment. Disney has an extremely high standard to uphold and they're not going to deal with silly shanagains from people who think this is a party city. Be smart and you won't get terminated. If you're underage, I'm sorry, DON'T DRINK! Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to drink once you're 21. It is a Company, they are trying to please their guests, stockholders, and employees all at the same time. This program is not about getting wasted and doing stupid things. If you want to do that then stay at your college. I'm doing the program to enjoy Disney Property, work, and pass on the memories that CMs gave me when I was a child. Stay Calm and BE RESPONSIBLE!

CP Fall 2013
+1 for that! I have been reading incase there were things I wouldnt have thought of, but most of the problems seem to come from drinking and partying (while I enjoy the occasional drink, I am not really a party-er). Although it is fun to read these posts :)

Here's another BIG one - do not, under any circumstances, call in from work so you can go the CP formal. Trade shifts, beg, do whatever you have to do genuinely have the day off, but don't call in. When you walk into the ballroom, they check your ID on handheld computers and whether you called in that day or not will pop up immediately, and yes, you will be termed on the spot if you called in. Everyone at work the day after formal was talking about which of their roommates were fired.

Here's another BIG one - do not, under any circumstances, call in from work so you can go the CP formal. Trade shifts, beg, do whatever you have to do genuinely have the day off, but don't call in. When you walk into the ballroom, they check your ID on handheld computers and whether you called in that day or not will pop up immediately, and yes, you will be termed on the spot if you called in. Everyone at work the day after formal was talking about which of their roommates were fired.

And, if, for some reason, you DO call in to go to the formal ... don't get drunk and go skinny dipping in the pool at Coronado and then argue with the Security officer who kicks you out. Because if you somehow didn't get termed for calling in to go to the formal, you will surely get termed for that.

Don't fall asleep while on the clock and on-stage.

Don't steal. Even one french fry is grounds for termination.

Don't call in 32 times in a month and a half. (the only reason this person was even around for that long is that you have to show up for them to fire you)

Don't leave work in the middle of your shift. (Note: if you get an approved ER from your leadership, that's fine ... but leaving early without permission is a no-no)

Don't wreck company vehicles.

No matter how much the guest has annoyed you, don't throw their stroller in the Rivers of America.

I am not advocating underage drinking just for the sake of getting drunk, but we have allowed DD19 to have a small glass of wine with us at home at dinner or on special occasions. Last time we were in Epcot, she and I shared one of those lovely grand mariner/vodka orange slushies in France. If she were visiting the parks with me on her day off and was seen sharing my beverage, could she get termed? We probably wouldn't take the chance, as it technically IS underage drinking on property, but would they really terminate her for tasting my drink?

Can't wait to go to Food &Wine with her once she is 21 (fall 2014)!

Yes, she can get termed, as can the poor CM who sold you the drink and you and Disney could both, theoretically, be in legal trouble. "Just a sip" and "I'm her mother" do not negate "The drinking age is 21." What you do at home is your business. What you do at home is your business. What you do with someone else's liquor license is a whole different matter.

When you buy a drink and share it with your child, the person who sold you the drink can be held liable for serving a minor. It might not be worth doing that.

My $.02 - You're either made for the DCP, or not. Why go into this and try to jeopardize your role? This is a Fortune 500 company that thousands of people want to work for. If you're willing to go against the rules, have that drink while being under 21, etc.. then I would recommend waiting to participate until you are over 21 and have a level-head on your shoulders.

In about a week, I will be checking in to my program. At first, I offered to room with a classmate of mine who also got in. She is under 21 and after the horror stories of whole apartments being termed for alcohol use, I told her straight up that I would not be taking that chance. This opportunity means more to me than most people know and I would not forgive myself for being termed!

Yes, she can get termed, as can the poor CM who sold you the drink and you and Disney could both, theoretically, be in legal trouble. "Just a sip" and "I'm her mother" do not negate "The drinking age is 21." What you do at home is your business. What you do at home is your business. What you do with someone else's liquor license is a whole different matter.

When you buy a drink and share it with your child, the person who sold you the drink can be held liable for serving a minor. It might not be worth doing that.

Ummm... I know that, I know the laws in MA, I was a bartender there for 20 years. I also know that the liquor laws vary from state to state, and actually, what you do in your own home regarding alcohol is NOT your own business, in some states. Mostly I was just interested in determining how much Disney "owns" their CPs while on property, even on their own, personal time.

TWDC only wants employees who will represent the company in a professional and mature manner. For them to allow underage drinking would definitely not be called for!

And, if, for some reason, you DO call in to go to the formal ... don't get drunk and go skinny dipping in the pool at Coronado and then argue with the Security officer who kicks you out. Because if you somehow didn't get termed for calling in to go to the formal, you will surely get termed for that.

Did you do the CP fall 2010? Because unless this happened twice, that was my co worker who did that lol

I'm not sure how getting drunk and going skinny dipping in a resort pool could be grounds for termination... That has to be the funniest/dumbest thing that I have heard all week. I can't imagine that anyone, even someone who was drunk, could think that skinny dipping at Coronado would be a good idea ever.:rotfl2:

I'm not sure how getting drunk and going skinny dipping in a resort pool could be grounds for termination...

If you weren't being sarcastic:

Behavior like this would get any guest evicted from the hotel and trespassed from the property by law enforcement.
Public intoxication is illegal.
Skinny dipping is illegal.
Public nudity is illegal, could also result in you being labeled a sex offender, especially if children are present.

Yeah.....thats why...

If you weren't being sarcastic:

Behavior like this would get any guest evicted from the hotel and trespassed from the property by law enforcement.
Public intoxication is illegal.
Skinny dipping is illegal.
Public nudity is illegal, could also result in you being labeled a sex offender, especially if children are present.

Yeah.....thats why...

4x the illegal, 4x the fun :rotfl: (kidding)

Yeah the only way that I could think to make it better would be to be driving a car in the pool while doing all of that other stuff haha. My first post was definitely sarcastic. The person that did that really lacks any sort of common sense.

The most entertaining one I witnessed was when I was at the big Vista pool one night. There was a party going on at a 2nd floor apartment that overlooked the pool. Security banged on the door, just as that happened, a window opened up and a guy jumped out, looked like he broke his leg. Saw the entire apt packing up the next day when I was going to work.

Ummm... I know that, I know the laws in MA, I was a bartender there for 20 years. I also know that the liquor laws vary from state to state, and actually, what you do in your own home regarding alcohol is NOT your own business, in some states. Mostly I was just interested in determining how much Disney "owns" their CPs while on property, even on their own, personal time.

So you know the laws and you STILL want to risk other people that way? Wow.

As to "your home, your business" I simply mean that what you do there doesn't hurt innocent people, so I'm all about letting people mess up their own lives as long as there's no collateral damage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter