DCP Termination

The drinking laws in Florida state that there is no consumption of alcohol on the part of minors period. It's not really that Disney "owns" their employees on their free time, it's just that Disney fires employees who break the law. That doesn't really sound all that overbearing to me.

My daughter is arriving on June 10 for fall advantage.
She has a small tattoo on her wrist. She will have cover-up and bad-aids to cover it up when she works.
If, by chance, the tattoo isn't covered up, will she be quickly termed or will it only be a point against her?

travlnman1 said:
She has a small tattoo on her wrist. She will have cover-up and bad-aids to cover it up when she works.
If, by chance, the tattoo isn't covered up, will she be quickly termed or will it only be a point against her?

Depends on the manager. She might be sent home. She might get a reprimand. 3 reprimands=termination. Just tell her to keep it covered, it's not really that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was on the WDWIP and people got terminated all the time. Rule of thumb, you get in trouble at work you're fired, you get in trouble at home, you're fired. So alcohol, drugs, fighting in the apt you're done. Lateness, theft etc at work you're done.

If she repeatedly violates the Disney Look Guidelines, then, yes, she will be terminated.

If the makeup just rubs off a bit or bandaid falls off, she won't be terminated on the spot. They will talk to her and remind her that she needs to be mindful of it. This is notated.

If it keeps happening, then it would lead to a reprimand for Disney Look violation.

Following the rules and a little common sense goes a long way.

she might want to look into a Disney look approved wristwatch as well.

she might want to look into a Disney look approved wristwatch as well.

Ohh...excellent point! I'll look into that as well! THX!
She has a lot of common sense and knows how to behave. I was just asking the question because I believe that would be the only reason she would be termed.

I have one from a long time ago. I actually think this is a good thread because although it's mostly common sense you would be surprised how things might be percieved.

One day while riding the CP bus home from MK (I had a day off) a poor girl got on in costume absolutely SOBBING. She was on her cell phone talking to a a friend or family member. She told them that she had just been at work QS Food and Beverage and that a guest who had bought food didn't eat it all and offered the last cookie back to the CM's working.

She apparently accepted it and ate it on her break where her boss found her, sent her home immediately and told her she would probably get termed for "taking a tip."

Granted, I can see how technically it is a tip "in kind" but we were all brand new on the program (maybe been there 2 weeks at most) and she obviously didn't realize and was devastated.

Anyway - I don't know how it ended but I think that good advice is that when in doubt (for example the situation above) ask your manager or just don't do it.

Had to share a story concerning food and guests.

As a former CP at Disney's Pin Traders at DTD, I got to smell Earl's all the time. A blessing and curse as I'm sure many understand.

One couple came into PT carrying a bag with a sandwich in it, and I greeted them while joking, "And where is my sandwich?"

Laughing at my greeting, they proceeded to offer me the sandwich saying they had bought two not knowing how filling one would be. Backpedaling from the kind gesture, I tried to politely refuse the sandwich, but they were having none of it.

After three polite, "Thank you, but I'm not to accept tips," one of the two individuals put the sandwich on my counter, winked, and said, "Save it for later then." :thumbsup2

As I had tried the obligatory three times to not avail, I thanked them heartily and put the sandwich away where it would not be seen on stage. When my break came, I went immediately to a manager in my zone telling the story of the sandwich. In between fits of laughter, my manager told me to enjoy the sandwich. :rotfl2:

May not be a termination story, but I had to share it, given the cookie story above.

There is a difference when it comes to accepting tips and gifts which are outlined in the company's policy handbook. If anyone finds themself in a position where there is a guest offering a tip, politely refuse. However, if the guest is insistant, and leaves you no choice (it happens), notify your manager immediately. When it comes to gifts, Cast Member's can accept them, but there are tight rules and regulations on how to do so. I used to work at Fort Wilderness at the FD, where guests stay on multi-month reservations as opposed to multi-day reservations. A few guests would periodically drop off cookies or baked goods as a "thank you." We would accept them and put them in our breakroom, this was acceptable under the Company's gift policy.

Read the rules, and if you have a question, ask your manager. I've seen many Cast Members get termed for stupid things which could have been prevented had they just asked beforehand.

Using earphones to answer your cell or listening to music on stage is cause for termination. Specially if you are working attractions, this may seem obvious but there are times when the parks are really slow and you are assigned to a position where you are standing all by yourself and there are no guest around and you might think nothing will happen if you listen to music while waiting for the park to close.

All termination stories begin with ....I never thought this would happen

Using earphones to answer your cell or listening to music on stage is cause for termination. Specially if you are working attractions, this may seem obvious but there are times when the parks are really slow and you are assigned to a position where you are standing all by yourself and there are no guest around and you might think nothing will happen if you listen to music while waiting for the park to close.

All termination stories begin with ....I never thought this would happen

Some managers may allow you to use headphones in BACKSTAGE AREAS. For example if you are working in the stock room or at night when the park is closed. Others will not allow it for safety reasons. Just make sure you ask what is appropriate for your location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter