DCP RETURNS!

Do you know how many cast members were offered jobs, but have opted out?

good question … one of the CMs in my area has a background in industrial engineering and has been compiling data from our area and others. In my specific area of my park we are at roughly 8% decline back (mostly bc they moved out of the area).
the point I’m trying to make is that the CPs (of which I was one) will not be able to replace the hundreds of full time CMs and leaders that were laid off that would return if offered. Instead, these folks that spent years, if not decades, we’re laid off - even if they worked during the closure - simply because of their number being on a spreadsheet without even an offer of being placed on furlough or asked if they wanted to transfer somewhere.
for the incoming CPs, we’re happy to have you back…it just will feel different than when you were last here and I’m worried that your experience may suffer a bit because of who else wasn’t able to return.

My daughter was in the group that was cut short March 2020. She was just notified that she was accepted into this DCP group. She has to be in Orlando by June 15th.

Thanks for the explanation. What you wrote makes sense and would seem to explain the current situation.

There are many jobs that simply can't be called back yet. Look at the hotel rooms not open, that is a large number of employees. Disney might have offered them a job they didn't have - if no jobs like their old job are open. This would be Front Desk, Stores, Lifeguards, Housekeeping, Quick Serve, Bell Services, Landscapers and even Bus Drivers. Many of these jobs are not DCP so they are furloughed CMs.

Add the reduced capacity at restaurants aka less CMs, less transportation offered, shows not open yet, character meets closed .... again, you can't call back CM if the jobs are not open yet. I know someone who left after many years because their "department" didn't reopen with parks and only recently opened in a skeleton form. They had already decided to leave Orlando and are working in another state. They had put in years to get to the job they had and it wasn't even that high up ... last thing they wanted to do was start the process all over. I don't think they are alone.

And what COVID has done is cause all companies to re-evaluate their focus, their work force, their structure and there will be some jobs that will never return. Disney invested in this DCP campus, the program has been good for Disney and I'm not surprised they put priority on getting it back open to fill some of these positions. Not all furloughed CMs are as happy to return in any position like the young man described, and they may not get hired back if holding out for a specific position.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter