DCL Wedding without paying a fee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought if something else. The friends haven’t yet cruised before, but they want a reception and ceremony...what if one of them turns out to be seasick? High risk ceremony there.

If people actually read the original post the OP said they were asking because they didn't know and didn't want to do anything that would be considered underhanded.

Not quite what she said.

I love DCL and don't want to do anything that would be considered underhanded, at the same time, if I can find a way to save them money for what will be a 15-20 minute ceremony, why not?

She doesn’t want to, but “why not?” if it will save money?

She now knows why not.
I got into the internet while wedding planning. There’s nothing nasty being said here IMO.

Magen's Bay on St. Thomas charges $100 for weddings. No idea what's included for the $100, but a quick searched showed there are more than a few companies that would help you plan a St. Thomas wedding. I know the OP may not be going there, but I think the beach ceremony is a great option and probably a lot cheaper than the DCL packages.

Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke with someone at DCL and they suggested using the space for photos and a reception, so that is what we will be doing. There was no contract signed and no fee for booking the space. They also gave me a point person to work with while on board. We will be docked in a port the day of the event so we may do as the previous poster suggested and find a beach for the actual ceremony :-)

Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke with someone at DCL and they suggested using the space for photos and a reception, so that is what we will be doing. There was no contract signed and no fee for booking the space. They also gave me a point person to work with while on board. We will be docked in a port the day of the event so we may do as the previous poster suggested and find a beach for the actual ceremony :-)
Well, good!

If the couple really likes Disney, I would just pay for the DCL wedding. We got married on DCL and there were many other perks besides what is noted in the package on the website. We were the only wedding on that sailing and they treated us like royalty. It was an amazing experience that DH and myself will never forget!

We did this on our last cruise. Ended up saving a lot of money. If interested just PM me :) We had 27 family members total and it worked out.

I think you did the right thing by speaking to DCL directly. Your original post suggested that you already knew that trying to “sneak in” a wedding was probably not the way to go.

It just occurred to me - is there any possibility of the family pitching in and buying a wedding package for the couple as a collective gift? $3,000 these days isn't all that much to spend on a wedding when you factor in the cost of booking a venue, flowers, music, wedding cake, especially if the cost is split up and everyone makes a contribution.

Well it turned out there was nothing "worked around" as no contract was even signed.

Not to get into a useless argument here, but a contract was indeed signed. When you book a cruise, you sign a contract and agree to follow all DCL rules. If their rules include no weddings or vow renewals on the ship or Castaway Cay without registering with them and paying the fee, which it looks like they do, then if you look for a way to have a wedding or vow renewal on board or on Castaway Cay without notifying DCL of what you are doing, then you really are trying to work around the rules. And I am not accusing anybody individually of anything. I am just stating facts as I see them.

Not to get into a useless argument here, but a contract was indeed signed. When you book a cruise, you sign a contract and agree to follow all DCL rules. If their rules include no weddings or vow renewals on the ship or Castaway Cay without registering with them and paying the fee, which it looks like they do, then if you look for a way to have a wedding or vow renewal on board or on Castaway Cay without notifying DCL of what you are doing, then you really are trying to work around the rules. And I am not accusing anybody individually of anything. I am just stating facts as I see them.

Well said and given that we do not promote going against the rules here on the board I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. It seems like OP got some useful responses so it has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter