DCL picture of the day Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRINCESS VIJA said:
Also a quick question... the pics that have the white background. Where do they do those? Is that a regular phot-op type pic, or do you have to book that? THanks for posting all of your pics. I have really enjoyed looking at all of them!!!

I have seen others mention these before, and they are called "Lifestyle Portraits." Unfortunately, I don't know whether you have to actually schedule the time with the photographer or not. But, since may of the ones I have seen the family seems to be dressed alike, I would guess that you can schedule a specific time.

Here's my favorite from our recent Western cruise...

IMG_0844.jpg

tomspixie said:
Hi Tiggerwannabe!

We were on the same cruise!!! We went to Mr. Williams talk as well! Fortunately we ended up with the Snow White painting that he is pointing to in the second shot you have up there!

When will you be cruising next??? We go 7-29-06, 09-02-07, and 7-28-07!!!

Pixie Dust Wishes! :tink:
tomspixie

I BID on that painting! Congrats on wining it - it is beautiful! I was sitting next to Tig during the talk.

grim :hmghost:

goin2disneyagain said:
I love this pic!! :thumbsup2 Is it from Grand Cayman??

No, actually it's taken at Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay. It was one of those times where, when I climbed into the hammock and gazed out at the water, there was just something about the geometric pattern of the ropes that drew my eyes to the end of the hammock and to the horizon...and I thought "That would be a great picture!"

And I was right...even if I do say so myself. :blush: One of the best pictures I've ever taken.

Scott

PRINCESS VIJA said:
Also a quick question... the pics that have the white background. Where do they do those? Is that a regular phot-op type pic, or do you have to book that? THanks for posting all of your pics. I have really enjoyed looking at all of them!!!

On our last cruise the ships photographers had the white background for the lifestyle photographs set up in the Atrium a couple of nights when they were doing pictures. They did them on the more casual nights on the longer cruise - I don't know about the 3 and 4 night cruises.

crzy4magic said:
On our last cruise the ships photographers had the white background for the lifestyle photographs set up in the Atrium a couple of nights when they were doing pictures. They did them on the more casual nights on the longer cruise - I don't know about the 3 and 4 night cruises.
My girlfriend had literally tons of pictures taken on our 7 day cruise...

TALK to the photographers! They'll tell you where, when, who and how for all the setups they do. We visited them the first night and she got the details and mapped out for her. Here are only a few samples of what they did for her and her family...awesome aren't they?

th_HPIM6917.jpg
th_SkjervenTourist12-26-05.jpg
th_NaNaNaNaNaWilMolly.jpg
th_4b1ca15a.jpg
th_MickeyWilsonKiss.jpg
th_244b8eb7.jpg
th_MagicalXmas2005.jpg

Stay_home_Dad_Scott said:
No, actually it's taken at Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay. It was one of those times where, when I climbed into the hammock and gazed out at the water, there was just something about the geometric pattern of the ropes that drew my eyes to the end of the hammock and to the horizon...and I thought "That would be a great picture!"

And I was right...even if I do say so myself. :blush: One of the best pictures I've ever taken.

Scott
That's Awesome Scott!

Just proves the way to a good picture is noticing what is right in front of you ;)

(I made it my wallpaper too, I hope you don't mind)

:thumbsup2

tiggerwannabe said:
That's Awesome Scott!

Just proves the way to a good picture is noticing what is right in front of you ;)

Me Too :teeth:

Here is the free birthday cake we received at dessert time on the Wonder in 2004. It's more like a jello mold with a thin layer of yellow cake. It didn't taste too good, but the white chocolate ship was pretty cool and hey it's "free!"

cakewonder1.jpg

I remember in 1999, the free birthday cake was a chocolate mousse creation. It was so rich and delicious. :smooth:

Tink

We were traveling with a party of 6, but this was my birthday cake last Tuesday:
img05376zc.jpg

tiggerwannabe said:
That's Awesome Scott!

Mind??? I'm thrilled! I can't wait for the 8x10 to come back from getting printed so I can get it framed properly...this one's going up on the wall.

Scott

Minnie328 said:
We were traveling with a party of 6, but this was my birthday cake last Tuesday:
img05376zc.jpg
Did you special order that? It looks MUCH better than what my then 4 year old nephew got for his birthday 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!