DCL Photo Package Help

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
Are the pictures digital like Photo Pass or do you need to pick up a CD? We love Photo Pass. Do you recommend the cruise photo package and is prepurchasing it a good idea?

Are the pictures digital like Photo Pass or do you need to pick up a CD? We love Photo Pass. Do you recommend the cruise photo package and is prepurchasing it a good idea?

I'm not sure what Photo Pass is, but the pictures are digital and are given to you on a USB the last night. We enjoyed the package - there were 12 of us across 4 rooms and 3 rooms got packages. I think for our room alone we had about 150 pictures on the 8 day Fantasy this summer. They aren't all great - but I normally spend that much on a family picture package with a private photographer at home, so we just did the DCL package in lieu of that this year.

Pre-purchasing is good - it is the best deal you will get and if you change your mind on board, you can cancel without any charges as long as it is before a certain point on the cruise (not sure when that is).

Pre-purchasing is good - it is the best deal you will get and if you change your mind on board, you can cancel without any charges as long as it is before a certain point on the cruise (not sure when that is).

You can cancel it on the last night of the cruise.

It's not exactly the same as Photo Pass which shows up on your phone via the Disney World app. Shutters is a third party company so the pics you get don't automatically connect to your DCL app even if you have purchased the package. Instead you can review your pics each day at the kiosk (highly recommend doing this).

As to the value - it really depends how much you line up for pics. If you only like character pics and don't need any other shots (formal, background shots e.g.) then you could use your own camera, as the character handlers will use your camera if you ask.

By the way, while you can cancel on the last night of the cruise that Shutters is always very busy on the last night, AND, if you have used the kiosk to download pictures to your phone, you won't be able to cancel the package.

I believe you can now pre-purchase and download the pics to your phone but if you've done that, you can't cancel. I don't know exactly how it works but that what my research for my upcoming cruise has shown, lol. I don't know if you still get the USB?

I have a CM take pics with my phone, too, but I would say 99% of the time, their photographers are A LOT better (not just a little). We also do as many character meets as we can as well as as many of the photo backdrops as we can. The photographers know us by a few days in so we've always had a ton of pictures to make it worth it.

That said, if you're not going stand in line for photos, it may not be worth it for you. They do have smaller packages (both for pre-purchase and on the ship, I think). You also get a release form for printing your photos (though I've never actually needed it).

I believe you can now pre-purchase and download the pics to your phone but if you've done that, you can't cancel. I don't know exactly how it works but that what my research for my upcoming cruise has shown, lol. I don't know if you still get the USB?

You still get a USB if you've purchased the package. To download to your devices, there's a selection on the touch screen that will guide you to a website (something like DCLPhotos . com or similar) along with a code which grants access to all your photos.

You can download them, I think, but then you'd be using your internet package on the ship to do it. They have screens for you to view your photos (unless that's changed?) and if you think one's missing, they will help you find it.

Yes, you pick something up on the last day or morning. Very quick. I bring my laptop and before I leave the ship, just check that the USB works and everything's there. Probably not necessary, but I'd rather be sure.

You can download them, I think, but then you'd be using your internet package on the ship to do it. They have screens for you to view your photos (unless that's changed?) and if you think one's missing, they will help you find it.

Yes, you pick something up on the last day or morning. Very quick. I bring my laptop and before I leave the ship, just check that the USB works and everything's there. Probably not necessary, but I'd rather be sure.
Ok. So I'll have the rights to print them myself from the USB?

AND, if you have the Disney Visa as your default charge or use it to buy the USB, you get a 10% discount.

Question... So we are cruising in Feb. Its me and my DH and 2 kids in our room, and my dad and stepmom in the adjourning room. If we take a few family pictures are they gonna make my dad and stepmom pay?
If they wanna take a few and have them on our room is that going to be a problem? does it go by a room card? Or by one "photopass" that i could just pass it to them?

You can download them, I think, but then you'd be using your internet package on the ship to do it. T

You can do it without the internet package. You are on the DCL network to do it, much like the in app texting or iMessaging. I've done it, had friends do it, all without the internet package. On the Magic in case the ship matters but I cant imagine it does.

Question... So we are cruising in Feb. Its me and my DH and 2 kids in our room, and my dad and stepmom in the adjourning room. If we take a few family pictures are they gonna make my dad and stepmom pay?
If they wanna take a few and have them on our room is that going to be a problem? does it go by a room card? Or by one "photopass" that i could just pass it to them?

As long as someone from your room is in the photos, they will be included in your photo package if you purchase the all photos package. So grandparents and kids would be okay. Just grandparents on their own, though, wouldn't be included. It's always possible to buy photos individually, though and I believe there could a discount on the second stateroom maybe. And it doesn't cost anything to have the photos taken.

If you buy a certain number of photo's package, though I don't know if they would have to be from only one stateroom. My guess would be no, it could be whatever pics you want, but I don't know that for sure.

I could be wrong but I don't think they use the KTTW cards anymore, it's all done by facial recognition.

As noted, if only your room purchases the digital packages, only those photos that include at least one person from that room in them will be included in the photos you get.

If your dad & stepmom do a separate picture (only them), they would need to purchase it separately.

DCL does offer a second photo package (full digital package) for 50% off, as long as one room purchases a full price package, if that would work better for you.

As noted, if only your room purchases the digital packages, only those photos that include at least one person from that room in them will be included in the photos you get.

If your dad & stepmom do a separate picture (only them), they would need to purchase it separately.

DCL does offer a second photo package (full digital package) for 50% off, as long as one room purchases a full price package, if that would work better for you.
Thank y’all for the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter