DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Good question, but I'd assume that you can just do it at home. Based on some of the other comments the key thing takeaway is this: If you order a test kit from Safe Passage, it'll be through "Inspire Diagnostics" and needs to be mailed back between 4-5 days. You can order this test when you have access to Safe Passage. If you choose to go with a 3rd party like Vault, you have to have the results uploaded no later than 48 hrs before your cruise.
I checked the DCL website it’s 24 hours before departure not 48.

eMed is another do-it-yourself test with results back in 15 minutes. It's CDC accepted for re-entry into the U.S. I wonder if it would be accepted by cruise lines. It's $25 a test (you have to buy 6).

eMed is another do-it-yourself test with results back in 15 minutes. It's CDC accepted for re-entry into the U.S. I wonder if it would be accepted by cruise lines. It's $25 a test (you have to buy 6).
The eMed rapid tests are antigen tests, which won’t work because Disney requires PCR tests.

I recently looked into those mail to your home test kit options for another trip and yeah, you have to make sure they are PCR, but many of them are not approved for kids either, so make sure to read the details.

Luggage.......This looks like a departure from when they strongly ENCOURAGED you to put your checked luggage out in the hallway the night before. Now it looks like they strongly recommend you don't do that. I just see the chaos that could ensue with the majority of people schleping their own big suitcases around the hallways and elevators on debarkation day. Sound like it would slow the whole process down. They ask that you bring your luggage (not hand luggage but luggage) to the MDR when you go breakfast as you will be asked to leave the ship right after breakfast. Is this just for the UK sailings or Dream sailings when they resume?

Picking Up Your Luggage
While we strongly recommend that you take your luggage with you when you debark the ship on the following day, you may place your luggage outside your stateroom on the last night of your voyage between 8:30 PM and 10:30 PM for complimentary delivery to the ship's terminal. Color-coded luggage tags featuring Disney characters are provided to assist you in locating your luggage in the terminal. You will need to write your stateroom number, name, address and number of bags on these tags and attach the tags to your luggage. Luggage will be placed in colored zones, according to stateroom number, for easy recognition in the port terminal on debarkation day.

Reserved Breakfast Time
On the final morning of the cruise, Guests will enjoy a farewell breakfast in one of our themed restaurants. Breakfast will be scheduled using assigned, staggered seating times to promote physical distancing. Locations and dining times can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app. As an alternate option, Cove Café will be open for specialty coffees from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM. Remember to bring your luggage with you, as you'll be asked to debark the ship following breakfast.

bolding is mine.

MJ

Last edited:
Luggage.......This looks like a departure from when they strongly ENCOURAGED you to put your checked luggage out in the hallway the night before. Now it looks like they strongly recommend you don't do that. I just see the chaos that could ensue with the majority of people schleping their own big suitcases around the hallways and elevators on debarkation day. Sound like it would slow the whole process down. They ask that you bring your luggage (not hand luggage but luggage) to the MDR when you go breakfast as you will be asked to leave the ship right after breakfast. Is this just for the UK sailings or Dream sailings when they resume?

Picking Up Your Luggage
While we strongly recommend that you take your luggage with you when you debark the ship on the following day, you may place your luggage outside your stateroom on the last night of your voyage between 8:30 PM and 10:30 PM for complimentary delivery to the ship's terminal. Color-coded luggage tags featuring Disney characters are provided to assist you in locating your luggage in the terminal. You will need to write your stateroom number, name, address and number of bags on these tags and attach the tags to your luggage. Luggage will be placed in colored zones, according to stateroom number, for easy recognition in the port terminal on debarkation day.

Reserved Breakfast Time
On the final morning of the cruise, Guests will enjoy a farewell breakfast in one of our themed restaurants. Breakfast will be scheduled using assigned, staggered seating times to promote physical distancing. Locations and dining times can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app. As an alternate option, Cove Café will be open for specialty coffees from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM. Remember to bring your luggage with you, as you'll be asked to debark the ship following breakfast.

bolding is mine.

MJ
Especially curious since they're taking the opposite approach when boarding.

Luggage
We strongly recommend all bags and luggage be checked in.

Correct but people do have 20% FCC, 20% onboard booking, and no charge for the double dip (which Castaway doesn't seem changed but maybe I missed it).

Well....not everyone got a credit and not everyone wants to do a double dip. So for those who fall into that category - 🙋‍♀️ - it's full price for what could be a VERY different (sub-par, IMO) experience, depending on what they enjoy about cruising.

Correct but people do have 20% FCC, 20% onboard booking, and no charge for the double dip (which Castaway doesn't seem changed but maybe I missed it).
Maybe I missed this before but if you book your next trip onboard there is a 20 percent discount now? We sail on the Sept 04 Fantasy and that would be nice to grab.

I thought it was through September 2022.

i believe that’s still the date. I have several placeholder cruises booked that have been moved multiple times, but the last two landed in august/September to make a two 7-night b2b,unless we can push one out further. But I’m ok with it. 14 night eastern/western sounds good.

Especially curious since they're taking the opposite approach when boarding.

Luggage
We strongly recommend all bags and luggage be checked in.

I was curious about the logic behind this. Does anyone know? I'm wondering how late the luggage will arrive given we are arriving later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter