DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Vault online testing. Order online. They overnight it to your house. When it is time to take the test, you log into their website and a medical professional watches you take the test. Then you overnight it back to them. Results within 24 hours.

I know a lot of people are using the do-it-yourself tests for re-entry into the U.S. which led me to wonder how the required test for re-entry is going to be handled by cruise lines. CC is a Bahamas Island. How is Disney (or any other line) able to get around this?

I know a lot of people are using the do-it-yourself tests for re-entry into the U.S. which led me to wonder how the required test for re-entry is going to be handled by cruise lines. CC is a Bahamas Island. How is Disney (or any other line) able to get around this?
By testing onboard. The ability to do onboard testing has been a sailing requirement in CDC guidance and required by most ports of call. Court cases aside, there is plenty of reason no ship should be without the capability.

By testing onboard. The ability to do onboard testing has been a sailing requirement in CDC guidance and required by most ports of call. Court cases aside, there is plenty of reason no ship should be without the capability.

Of course! It must have been early when I posted! I didn't even think of that - probably the logistics of testing so many people in such a short amount of time had me thrown (3,000+ people in 36 hours of daytime?). Just another part of traveling these days.

Last edited:
Hey Gang,

I see Webmaster Kathy had to step in overnight to do some cleaning up and to remind everyone of the Covid posting rules. We shouldn't be having such a large number of posts that require deleting. You all know the rules. This is obviously an important thread that we do not want to end up locked, so please let's keep it on track.

In case you missed WMKathy's post, here's the basics...

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

ok
vaccinated passengers do not have to test at debarkation. The rules are different than if traveling by air.

Everyone is required to wear masks on the tram at Castaway. I’m sorry, but that’s ridiculous.

and how exactly does removing hammocks promote safety? A line for Pelican Plunge? Ugh.

There has always been a line -- it is just ashore now, right?

Getting kids tested 5 days prior to embarkation is a hassle if you plan on visiting the parks before the cruise. We already made plans to fly out and stay at WDW 5 days before the cruise. Hopefully MCO is still doing the rapid PCR tests when we cruise in November.

Getting kids tested 5 days prior to embarkation is a hassle if you plan on visiting the parks before the cruise. We already made plans to fly out and stay at WDW 5 days before the cruise. Hopefully MCO is still doing the rapid PCR tests when we cruise in November.
Can you do the mail in?

Can you do the mail in?
We thought about it but we are worried if it somehow gets lost. Then we will be scrambling trying to get to a test site while staying at WDW. We aren't planning on renting a car. If we can get tested at the airport, it will take away a lot of uncertainty.

What are the rules for traveling by air?

You need to have a negative test result from a test taken within 3 days of your flight. I think you can also come back with proof of recovery from Covid. Some countries have made it easy to get the test; some are a little more challenging. I'm hoping they change it to proof of vaccination acceptable.

Here is my issue with the mail in. It necessarily adds at least a day or two to you finding out the results. I had to get the kids tested for our recent group trip within 72 hours of departure (they had reduced it from 5 days) so we tested morning 3 days before and had the results within 24 hours. I would be worried that if you do the mail in, it might get lost or you might not get results until after you had left (if you were adding on time before). I guess if I were going to have to deal with a positive, I would rather know ASAP.

That would be worth it for me to be in there by myself. 😄

I wasn't very interested before...now if this option to book exclusive for my party is available during my cruise, I will definitely book it. It'll be just my husband and I (my son has no interest in it, and my daughter will not be 18 yet).

I know people don't like this idea...but, I hope they offer something like this for our cruise next year when my daughter turns 18...she'd love it!

Last edited:
Thank you. I didn't know the test could be sent to our home. Do you know if we can complete the test ourselves or do we have to take it to a doctor?

Good question, but I'd assume that you can just do it at home. Based on some of the other comments the key thing takeaway is this: If you order a test kit from Safe Passage, it'll be through "Inspire Diagnostics" and needs to be mailed back between 4-5 days. You can order this test when you have access to Safe Passage. If you choose to go with a 3rd party like Vault, you have to have the results uploaded no later than 48 hrs before your cruise.

I would think if inspire diagnostics wants to keep their contract with Disney they are going to process the tests in a very timely manner. If you are really in a pinch there are plenty of places that will guarantee same-day results for a hefty fee.

This! We also fly in a week early. The logistics of this is too much for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!