DCL Confessions

In the last two weeks, I have been obsessively checking the Disney Cruise Line forum on this board almost constantly (including while at work) looking for any last minute advice, info, experiences etc in preparing for my first cruise ever on the Wonder next week.
You will be so busy trying to see and do everything... not wanting to miss anything and take in every hidden mickey and wonder of The Wonder. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE..... force yourself to stop and just watch the world float by. It's a truly magnificent thing the realize how "small a thing" we really are when you look out into all that SPACE. My only regret was that we didn't just RELAX more. It was WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!!

I didn't tell the husband on our last cruise that I was having the Cove barista add Baileys and Kahlua to my specialty coffee drinks and not his and even pretended I was coming down with a bit of a sore throat once when he asked for a sip of mine, "no love, you don't want to share mine, I think I've caught a bug".

We can't afford for both of us to be morning drinking for the duration of the cruise.

I have a cruise confession. I am a pirate (seriously!)

It wasn't on a Disney cruise, but it was on Royal Caribbean. In the 90's I was fascinated with pirates and wanted to become one. I looked up the technical/legal elements that constituted an act of piracy under maritime law.

"Piracy consists of any of the following acts:

• "Any illegal acts of violence or detention, or any act of depredation, committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or a private aircraft, and directed on the high seas, against another ship or aircraft, or against persons or property on board such ship or aircraft (or) against a ship, aircraft, persons or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state;
  • "Any act of voluntary participation in the operation of a ship or of an aircraft with knowledge of facts making it a pirate ship or aircraft;
  • "Any act of inciting or of intentionally facilitating an act described (above)"

I selected robbery as my act of depredation. I robed a fellow cruiser of one of his shirt buttons using the seem-ripper from my travel-size mending kit. I didn't want my "threat of force" to be actually terrifying and I didn't want to rob anything of actual value; but I couldn't just sneak and steal something. To qualify as an "act of depredation" I had to take the item directly from someone using "force or threat of force." I selected my victim carefully and it paid off. After I informed him I was stealing his button to become a pirate, he got flirty and asked if I'd rape and pillage him too. (I was still young and cute then.)

I don't think I'd try committing an act of piracy in a post 9/11 world, but at the time, I got away with it. I put that button on my charm bracelet. It's my "booty" and proof of my piratical nerve. :-)

This is my favorite one!!!

As I look forward to my EBTA cruise in May, I enjoyed reading all of these. This will be our 6th cruise - 3rd without kids - celebrating our 10th anniversary. I think I'll have to surprise my DH with membership to the club... :rolleyes1

As for past confession... It was our 5th anniversary cruise and we bought more DVC points that day. The DVC guy that we worked with that day, I remember from my Disney College Program days back in 2001. So later that night we were at the adult clubs with him. He knew the bartender and we drank for free all night. :scared: I was pretty drunk... went back to our room and went to sleep. The next day I had a long Spa appointment booked with the veranda. I had finished my facial and massage and I was on the Veranda eating fresh fruit and tea. I was overlooking CC and all of a sudden I couldn't contain it... I projectile puked EVERYWHERE. It took me by such surprise... I would have tried to get to the side of the veranda and let it go overboard... but I couldn't make it. The spacemen came out. My therapist tried to reassure me that it happens all of the time. I was too embarrassed to tell her that I was horribly hungover. So then they assumed I was sick and wanted to quarantine me to my room, so I had to admit I was hungover. I was SO embarrassed and was convinced that our servers and every CM knew I was the girl that puked in the Spa. I was just paranoid and embarrassed.

Pro tip: Don't drink heavily the night before your spa appointments! :crazy2:

Okay I confess that on the last night of our Dream Cruise our MDR was Enchanted Garden and none of us were really feeling the menu at all and didn't really eat much. So when we got back to the room later we were pretty hungry and decided to order some room service and watch a Disney movie, only apparently our eyes were way bigger than our stomachs and we ordered way too much food. I'm not going to say how much we ordered but let's just say it was enough to where when the guy delivered our food, we heard him tell another CM out in the hallway "yup all that for only 4 people!" lol. We did tip him accordingly to how many plates we ordered, but once we saw the amount of food we just felt ridiculous. So glad it was the last night because I would have hated to be "that family" for the rest of the cruise lol! :o

I also stowed away as much or the H2o product that i could fit in my bag!! we also never dress for formal night and one night on the magic.. we closed down the pub( literally the bartender and our cruise director told us to close the door when we left!) playing card against humanity with a group we met the first night at the dating game!

We cruised with my parents. On our sea day towards the end of the cruise, DH and I avoided hanging out with them till dinner that evening. We took our youngest two girls to Nemo's Reef in the morning with the excuse in our minds that our oldest couldn't go there (she was staying in my parents' stateroom). We didn't tell them we were going and also spent a fair amount of time in Mickey's Pool (so our rationale was moot). Then DH and I went to Mixology with our cruise group(parents knew about that) and were invited to "continue the party" at one of the couple's concierge rooms. So we spent the whole afternoon drinking cocktails with six other couples in a concierge suite instead of meeting back up with my folks! Oops. In fairness, we pretty much spent the entire rest of the cruise with them.

Don't know why I was so paranoid (guess worried the alcohol police would run from their outpost next to the cruise terminals carry-on scanners) but our last cruise we "insert suitable adverb here" inadvertently/subconsciously/intentionally - brought 4 "bottles" of wine (in boxes as they are way easier, lighter and can properly be chilled using the in-rooms mini fridge) but they were 1 litre in size so between us we actually had 1/3 more wine brought on-board than were technically allowed.

We cruised with my parents. On our sea day towards the end of the cruise, DH and I avoided hanging out with them till dinner that evening. We took our youngest two girls to Nemo's Reef in the morning with the excuse in our minds that our oldest couldn't go there (she was staying in my parents' stateroom). We didn't tell them we were going and also spent a fair amount of time in Mickey's Pool (so our rationale was moot). Then DH and I went to Mixology with our cruise group(parents knew about that) and were invited to "continue the party" at one of the couple's concierge rooms. So we spent the whole afternoon drinking cocktails with six other couples in a concierge suite instead of meeting back up with my folks! Oops. In fairness, we pretty much spent the entire rest of the cruise with them.
It's entirely possible that your parents were grateful you were busy that day, too. ;)

Time for a Bump
It has been more than 4 months, how about some new confessions.
If you are new to this thread, make sure you start from the beginning and be prepared to LOL at anytime.

Last edited:
This thread is the best thing I have read on this site. I am having daydreams of product hording and free booze in March!

FWIW, I have never had to "hoard" or "hide" the product. My stateroom host has always been happy to provide it for me. And no, I don't bribe them with money at the beginning of the cruise to do so. I just remove it from the shower in the morning and again before evening turndown - and it's sitting right on the top of the dresser in the cabin, so I'm not hiding it. New stuff always appears in the bathroom.

we closed down the pub( literally the bartender and our cruise director told us to close the door when we left!) playing card against humanity with a group we met the first night at the dating game!

Ooooh! That's a good idea. I'm going to bring my CAH box with me on my next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter