DCL coming to LA for summer 2008?

After having done NCL twice, Princess once, and DCL's last Mexican Riviera....I'll take DCL and the Mexican Riviera ANY day!

I'm excited!! I may even cruise it TWICE that summer!:banana:

Ok, what do you guys think??? Right now, someone in Upper Management from Magical Cruise Company dba Disney Cruise Line is sitting at home reading this thread and shaking their heads......
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I am so happy (and hoping) to hear this. DH and my 20th anniversary is in 08 and we had to cancel the last repo cruise, so we are if this happens looks like we will be sailing from our home in CA to our "home" (DVC) in FL in Sept 08.:cool1: :cool1:

Hey does anyone remember how much the deposit for the Panama cruise was? I reeeeeally wanna go on the east-bound cruise! I just can't imagine DL then a 14 Disney cruise then WDW!!!! I could die a very happy woman!:cloud9:

How long do you think CM's will be denying this? I remember DCL call center was denying the Med cruises up to a couple of days prior to the announcement...

CA/Mexico doesn't interest me... guess we have another year to save up for Alaska!!!

How many people are going to get really ticked off that the Magic will not be sailing the Carribbean for a 2nd year in a row???
Maybe the Wonder will do different routes...

And if I book onboard I could swing a discount. Maybe...Maybe.

Don't hold your breath. The summer 2005 sailings were exempt from onboard rebooking discounts and OBCs. :(

Hey does anyone remember how much the deposit for the Panama cruise was? I reeeeeally wanna go on the east-bound cruise! I just can't imagine DL then a 14 Disney cruise then WDW!!!! I could die a very happy woman!:cloud9:

I think it was $350pp for Cat 4-12.

Ok, what do you guys think??? Right now, someone in Upper Management from Magical Cruise Company dba Disney Cruise Line is sitting at home reading this thread and shaking their heads......
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I imagine cursing more than just head shaking. ;)

Maybe there is hope after all.:wizard:

There's no way the Magic or the Wonder could be in LA on May 1. (Unless they cancel the end of April 2008 cruises:scared1: )

I assume the dates posted are the dates that the company will occupy the space. Not the exact dates that the ships will be sailing out of there.

I hope the eastbound date works out for us.:wizard:

Ivanova,
I see you were on a repositioning cruise. Could you ball park a figure for an upcoming cruise?

Ivanova,
I see you were on a repositioning cruise. Could you ball park a figure for an upcoming cruise?

Ballparking will be hard ... with fuel increase and whatnot in the past three years ... but 3 of us in a cat 7 on the repo cruise was just shy of $6,000. That was booking it on the day the itineraries opened. The prices quickly increased and of course cat 7 disappeared (only 30 on the whole ship). But later we tried pricing out cat 8s and cat 11s for friends, and the price was HIGHER than what we paid for our cat 7 on day one.

Thanks so very much!!! It gives me a starting point. :woohoo:

I'm such a ditz:rolleyes2, I just checked the 14 day Med Repo. The cost will probably be pretty close.

Even though we had to cancel the eastbound repo cruise in 2005, our deposit for a cat. 9 was $250.00 each.

I'm so excited. I just told DH he better start getting a deposit ready for when these dates are released. ;)

Saves us money on airfare doing a west coast cruise but I'll miss Castaway Cay.

According to Fodor's both the Magic and Wonder are 1,754 passenger capacity ships.

According to the Disney brochure the passenger capacity is 1754 double occupancy.
But nowhere does it say they are sending the Magic, it COULD be the Wonder you know. The Magic could still be doing 7 days cruises in the Caribbean in 2008 you know.

According to the Disney brochure the passenger capacity is 1754 double occupancy.
But nowhere does it say they are sending the Magic, it COULD be the Wonder you know. The Magic could still be doing 7 days cruises in the Caribbean in 2008 you know.

Did I imply the Magic? I just noted that they are both listed at 1754 passnger occupancy, in response to Woody73's post #12.

OH MY GAWD!!! YOU ROCK!! Could I get any happier????? :yay:

Now if they would just hurry the heck up and open the booking dates!!!!!!

A good friend of ours made our reservation for us in May 2004 for the August 2005 repo cruise, as I was having knee surgery at the time. Our friend was on the phone with DCL when reservations opened up the first day, she was able to get us a cat. 9 for DW, DD (13 at the time) and myself at a cost of $3800.00, a few weeks later, that same reservstion was going for $7800.00.

We were on the Repo. cruise heading back to Florida and our cat. 8 for a family of 3 was around $5000. I thought the deposit was $500 each? We booked on the first day.

I know the Med. Repo cruise in a category 10 for a family of 3 priced out at $5900 on the first day. We had it booked and then later cancelled because of the $3000+ for airfare.

I think Disney is wise on the Repo. Cruise pricing.

Is it typically announced ahead of time what day exactly they will start booking new itineraries? Should I just keep checking here on the DIS?!?!
Or should I get a TA "in the know" (DU?) to jump on it as they may get the head's up before the rest of us?
We are actually thinking, now, about the eastbound repo cruise and getting the lowest possible fare could make the difference between our choices.
Also-
someone said that onboard booking discounts may not count toward a repo cruise? Is that because they will fill the ship with full paying customers and don't need to honor the discounts and onboard credits? That is a bummer.

Thanks for any info to quell my growing anxiety!:faint:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter