Day trip to the beach from disneyland

fely1st

Mouseketeer
Next year we are able to spend seven days at Disneyland due to a "mistake" by booking flights. 😊 Well I am sure we have more than enough to do and there are many things we didn't have time in our recent trips I am thinking about a day trip to the beach. We are from Germany so no beaches at home. But we won't have a rental car and we really don't want to try driven in the LA traffic. So any ideas about were to go and how to get there? I love snorkeling or looking for sea shells and some wildlife, and we are two adults. Any help would be great.:boat:

We're headed to little Corona del Mar TODAY! Woot! I'm just as excited for this beach day as any other part of our vacation. I don't know if snorkeling is allowed, but it's a gorgeous beach with lots of tidepools and scenery- one of the prettiest beaches in Southern California that I know. It's not that far from Anaheim, and would be easy to reach by Uber or Lyft, but I couldn't tell you prices for that as we are driving ourselves around today. I'll take pics and post later today!!! :cheer2:

Snorkeling isn't really possible at the beaches here. The water is simply too rough.

However, Corona del Mar is a very nice swimming beach, although small. There are some tide pools nearby, but you won't see turtles or anything like that. Newport Beach, by the pier, is a very "California" beach experience, so I would recommend that. It's a very long beach with a promenade you can walk. Or, if you are willing to go further, Laguna Beach is a nice little town with a lot of art galleries,restaurants, and unique shops. It's great for 2 adults to explore.

if you want to get in the ocean, Newport Beach. If you want to explore a beach town, Laguna Beach.

A ride share one way from DLR to Newport is about $30. Laguna is further so will be more.

Awesome thank you we arrive tomorrow and your info is appreciated
We're headed to little Corona del Mar TODAY! Woot! I'm just as excited for this beach day as any other part of our vacation. I don't know if snorkeling is allowed, but it's a gorgeous beach with lots of tidepools and scenery- one of the prettiest beaches in Southern California that I know. It's not that far from Anaheim, and would be easy to reach by Uber or Lyft, but I couldn't tell you prices for that as we are driving ourselves around today. I'll take pics and post later today!!! :cheer2:

Huntington Beach is also a fun surf town. It can be busy, as there are often surfing competitions and whatnot there, but you get a good mix of beach town, surf city and nice, picturesque, walkable and usable beach. It's also pretty close to Anaheim, so shouldn't be super expensive in a ride share or car service.

We absolutely loved Little Corona Del Mar. I used to live in LA, and have been to many of the bigger beaches- Huntington, Long Beach, Santa Monica, Newport, Laguna, Venice, Hermosa- you get the picture. I loved going to the beach! Anyway, this was my first trip to Little Corona. I am really regretting that I had never heard of it before! It was really uncrowded comparatively, and for a beautiful, busy beach-day Saturday, that is saying something. It is tucked away, and not a big beach at all, so it feels intimate and private. The waves were great, but being protected from bigger waves, the water was really clear.

We saw a bunch of people snorkeling there today- a few with small tanks and small harpoons, but most just with wet suits, flippers, and masks. They would just walk out from the beach and then snorkel right there off the coast. The tidepools were really fun, and the atmosphere was great. I would highly recommend this beach for a great day getting away!

I am a TERRIBLE photographer, but here are a couple photos from our day. This first one is just so you can see we just parked on the street and it was pretty full, but later you can see how empty the beach was.

parking.jpg

Walking to the water.
beach 4.jpg

beach 3.jpg

beach 1.jpg

And here are a couple of snorkelers leaving. I'm sorry it wasn't a great pic- I was trying to be stealthy! :)

snorkelers.jpg

exploring tide pools.jpg

Hope this helps! I really loved it!

Thanks for the great tipps and especially to iMadHatter for the pics. Looks like a good spot to send a day.

We rented a car just for a day and went to Laguna Beach! It was so beautiful! We ate brunch there and walked the beach and explored the tide pools!IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

Beautiful pictures, Corona del Mar and Laguna are my favorites! But I agree Newport and Huntington are probably best for the quintessential California beach experience. We just got back from a five day stay at a beach house on Newport (used our kids' sports as an excuse for a staycation) and it was absolutely beautiful as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!