David's vacation rentals and foreign fees?

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of using David's Vacation Club Rentals for the first time. Since I'm not familiar with doing this I was looking over their website and noticed they are in Canada. Does that mean that the entire rental will be charged in Canadian with the conversion to American and there will be a foreign transaction fee? Because they only take Visa and Mastercard directly, and our visa and MC both charge foreign transaction fees. If we have that fee it pretty much negates the savings from just booking a room with an AP rate.

My credit card also has that fee. So I used my credit card through PayPal and avoided the fee.

Thanks for the replies. If we decide to actually go through with trying this way I'm going to contact them first. I was just anxious to get info immediately!! I was afraid paypal would still charge some hidden fees if the charge was actually in canada, as we could use a discover card or American Express without foreign transaction fees that way. It sounds like we wouldn't have any fees, but like I said they would negate our savings so I want to be sure :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter