Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Thankfully you kept your records! What a nightmare !! I hope you providing this puts an end to it

Reactions: cm8
We have rented directly from owners many times, without any issues.

We are now in the process of buying resale -- awaiting ROFR -- via GF.

The contract is loaded, so if it comes through, we will likely want to rent our points.

I was thinking of using David's service, purely out of convenience, but from what I'm reading -- that's not happening.

In a word .....WOW!

On a side note -- I remember when the Rent/Trade board rules changed (many moons/years ago). This, just so happened to coincide with David's sponsorship. Let's just say ... the changes, at the time, were quite controversial. Isn't Karma grand.

On a side note -- I remember when the Rent/Trade board rules changed (many moons/years ago). This, just so happened to coincide with David's sponsorship. Let's just say ... the changes, at the time, were quite controversial. Isn't Karma grand.

FWIW the problem with my rental with David's isn't him, its the owner who did not so much as respond to his request to re-rent the points to someone who wants to go that week. I think Id have a great shot as the only other option during that week is AKL at $18/point, mine was for a studio at Boardwalk and I was planning on doing $14/point. They apologized but there isn't any way they can help when the OWNER is the silent party. I honestly believe I would have risked this problem renting from anyone anywhere at this point. :confused3

FWIW the problem with my rental with David's isn't him, its the owner who did not so much as respond to his request to re-rent the points to someone who wants to go that week. I think Id have a great shot as the only other option during that week is AKL at $18/point, mine was for a studio at Boardwalk and I was planning on doing $14/point. They apologized but there isn't any way they can help when the OWNER is the silent party. I honestly believe I would have risked this problem renting from anyone anywhere at this point. :confused3

It could be a result of how hes treated owners throughout this. Many cant be bothered and are content just walking away.

It could be a result of how hes treated owners throughout this. Many cant be bothered and are content just walking away.

This is what I think for some owners who are not responding. It is very possible they had more then one rental and those other experiences have them deciding to just not deal with the company.

Or, they have lost trust in him and in no way want to become involved in a different contract, even though he says terms are the same. I know I would not have done it.

Yours is the second story I have read today about DVC members ghosting renters and not replying to David. I'm very sorry that you're both going through this. You would think that people would have human decency, but I guess not. A private owner may have ghosted you as well, but at least you would have vetted the person renting to you and you would have had their contact information.

... with ALL of their money. Don't blame David for people being crappy. Face it, some DVC members don't care about the renters. They got theirs and just don't care except to have their hand out for the remaining 30%.

Yours is the second story I have read today about DVC members ghosting renters and not replying to David. I'm very sorry that you're both going through this. You would think that people would have human decency, but I guess not. A private owner may have ghosted you as well, but at least you would have vetted the person renting to you and you would have had their contact information.

... with ALL of their money. Don't blame David for people being crappy. Face it, some DVC members don't care about the renters. They got theirs and just don't care except to have their hand out for the remaining 30%.

Well, some owners offered renters money back and David’s said no many times,

So, yeah, David’s has done shady things to both renters and owners and has not been willing to work with owners who offered him alternative solutions that would have helped renters,

Honestly, maybe David’s isn’t being upfront either and is no longer wanting to list so many confirmed reservations so blaming it on the owner, No way for a renter to know and I would not put it past him.

Last edited:

Well, some owners offered renters money back and David’s said no many times,

So, yeah, David’s has done shady things to both renters and owners and has not been willing to work with owners who offered him alternative solutions that would have helped renters,

Honestly, maybe David’s isn’t being upfront either and is no longer wanting to list so many confirmed reservations so blaming it on the owner, No way for a renter to know and I would not put it past him.
I don’t disagree that he has done some shady things. However, I think it’s an overreach saying that he is not attempting to contact members to re-rent vacations and saying that owners are not replying. There are plenty of vacations available on his website and @AquaDame says that her dates were very likely to sell. It really doesn’t make any sense.

yeah, my friend had the same issue with a VGF rental that was scheduled for late September, post DCL that was cancelled. The owners of the AKV and BCV studio rentals contacted him back and were willing to change the names for the fee and my friend reduced the asking price to $14/point. The AKV sold quicker. Nothing from VGF owner but I asked her to ask him again....the time for the rental hasn’t passed yet....

I don’t disagree that he has done some shady things. However, I think it’s an overreach saying that he is not attempting to contact members to re-rent vacations and saying that owners are not replying. There are plenty of vacations available on his website and @AquaDame says that her dates were very likely to sell. It really doesn’t make any sense.

He gets very little from this and we have no idea if what he says is the truth.

I get a renter is frustrated but this is truly the meaning of having a non refundable contract.

He burned a lot of owners and for all we know these owners were some of them.

Last edited:

This isn't it.... we had two reservations actually, one for two nights at OKW and then the second one. The OKW went up and was rented fairly quickly, which is making this all the more frustrating to think the other for four nights would have gone too. If they weren't going to bother, I doubt they would have done one and not the other.

Edited to add, once again, I do understand your POV that I should just accept defeat. In my scenario though David's is no longer the bad guy here, I'm fully blaming the owner who isn't getting back to him to even so much as say no. A no is better than ghosting us.

This isn't it.... we had two reservations actually, one for two nights at OKW and then the second one. The OKW went up and was rented fairly quickly, which is making this all the more frustrating to think the other for four nights would have gone too. If they weren't going to bother, I doubt they would have done one and not the other.

I was referring to another poster who just checked recently. But I still feel that it is unfair to criticize owners....not that you have personally..who simply are not interested in changing deals with him, given the level of distrust he has caused by his own actions..

ETA. And please understand I am not saying renters should not ask as all owners are in different situations.

Last edited:
He gets very little from this and we have no idea if what he says is the truth.

I get a renter is frustrated but this is truly the meaning of having a non refundable contract.

He burned a lot of owners and for all we know these owners were some of them.
I believe there are earlier posts by owners who stated they agreed to change the renters names as long as it was under the original contract rules but that the intermediary used their new version.

I believe there are earlier posts by owners who stated they agreed to change the renters names as long as it was under the original contract rules but that the intermediary used their new version.

Yes, he did this to me.

Yes, he did this to me.

And its why slamming owners bothers me because there are differences in that new contract and it really doesn’t matter what he tells an owner, it’s the actual contract that would be enforceable if something happens.

So, its just not as simple as it sounds.

Edited to add, once again, I do understand your POV that I should just accept defeat. In my scenario though David's is no longer the bad guy here, I'm fully blaming the owner who isn't getting back to him to even so much as say no. A no is better than ghosting us.

Totally agree.

In this case, I fail to see how anyone could defend an owner who simply ignores the request. How hard is it to respond “no”?

Totally agree.

In this case, I fail to see how anyone could defend an owner who simply ignores the request. How hard is it to respond “no”?

Well, maybe it’s very hard. Maybe they’re sick. Maybe they have a family member who’s sick. Maybe they replied and their email got lost in cyberspace. We don’t know what’s going on in this person’s life.

The negativity here is getting to be too much for me. I think it’s time for me to stop reading this thread.

Totally agree.

You are only hearing what the intermediary wants you to know. Do you think if the owner told him he rather cancel the reservation so the renter gets a full refund he would tell you that? I doubt it since he told owners earlier not to cancel reservations

Last edited:

Why is anyone the bad guy? You have no idea why the owner is not responding

I didn’t say you should except defeat, but you are the one asking for an out of the contract, so i simply don’t agree you should be blaming anyone.

Last edited:
Well, maybe it’s very hard. Maybe they’re sick. Maybe they have a family member who’s sick. Maybe they replied and their email got lost in cyberspace. We don’t know what’s going on in this person’s life.

The negativity here is getting to be too much for me. I think it’s time for me to stop reading this thread.

I need to follow your lead and just moderate. But I have read that some emails going to David’s from a Comcast, I think, don’t actually make it since he changed something...maybe owner did reply and it got overlooked?

And you are right, no one has any Idea what is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter