Davey Crockett has NO shuttle to the parks?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
How can this be? If it is an official Disney Hotel and part of DLP why don't they have some type of transportation to the parks - even a paid one? It is hard to believe frankly..

It is correct. You need to drive yourselves to the park or arrange for private transport yourselves. It's not worth it unless you have a car with you.

I don't know if they ever had a bus service. But they hadn't at least for the last 10 years.
France has always been very popular in Europe for camping. Before flying and high speed trains became a thing, people from all over Europe came to France by car with tents, trailers or in RVs etc. I think that's the crowd they cater to with the Davy Crockett Ranch.

They may have had them in the early years as there seem to be some type of bus stop locations throughout. Maybe it wasn't cost effective?
it's the only Disney 'hotel' that is NOT walking distance to the parks

I agree Fitness.. It doesn't seem right to me to expect me to pay the premium for an official DLP hotel and then not offer a shuttle service to guests, I thought the whole popoint of an ofccicial hotel was to chck in, and then feel like your inside 'the bubble' where you never have to leave until check out.

I agree Fitness.. It doesn't seem right to me to expect me to pay the premium for an official DLP hotel and then not offer a shuttle service to guests, I thought the whole popoint of an ofccicial hotel was to chck in, and then feel like your inside 'the bubble' where you never have to leave until check out.

Its was marketed as self catering/camping style, lodges and its not onsite. It is only in recent years WDC have taken complete ownership of DLP. DLP has never had the same outlook as the US parks. They are hotels not resorts. Also at one point, not sure if its still the same some of the onsite hotels were leased not owned.

The thing is, Disney makes sure to tell you this from the get-go on their website. They don't hide it; it's not sneaky. They aren't trying to create a bubble à la WDW.

We stayed there last summer. While a shuttle would have been nice, we rented a car at Charles de Gualle and it was an easy drive to Davy Crockett and from Davy Crockett to the parks. It was great to have all of the extra room compared to the on-site hotels. The stay includes free parking at the parks. If you're going for early entry, the parking in the first few rows of the parking lot is as close or closer than walking in from the Sequoia or Newport Bay. We liked having the freedom of a car to visit other places as well that were harder to reach with public transportation -- we took a day trip to Meaux and the Museum of the Great War.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!