• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Date & Rate.....2008!

Don't know if this will help but just recieved this in a email
Save up to 20%* on your summer vacation

Select nights NOW - Aug 16!

Stay on-site at any of our world-class Loews Hotels and save big this summer! Enjoy our 4-diamond and more service, wealth of recreation, exceptional dining and ideal location within waking distance of both theme parks and CityWalk®.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort: From $207.40 per room per night

Hard Rock Hotel®: From $241.40 per room per night

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: From $239.20 per room per night

I just called and got our August rate changed... it went from $204 to $170!!! Tickled pink.

12-14
HRH
Standard
$170.40
No/Blue
Laurabearz

I also tried to book HTH for Oct 17th and 18th, but it was sold out, so I booked RPR - cry - Anyone know if anything is going on that weekend in addtion to it being HHN??

patster, check out the super saver rates for your time period.

you'll save some bucks if you switch to that code.

Hi Mac!

I checked the super saver rates but the APH was coming in a little lower. The reason my rate is higher is because we have 4 adults in a room vs just 2.

How funny! Comparing the two, the Friday and Saturday night would have been cheaper with super saver: $263 vs $269. Yet the Thursday and Sunday night is much better with APH: $251 vs $224. Overall, the APH is indicating a total price of $1109.25, while super saver is showing $1156.50. If I want to use my Loewsfirst Gold membership, it might pay to switch to the super saver rate, especially if I get an upgrade.

Thanks Mac! I'll have to think about it now. I might call Universal tonight to have the switch done and my Loewsfirst membership applied.

July: 24-29
Hotel: HRH
Room Type: King Suite
Rate type: Stay 4 Play free
Platinum baby!!

2nd annual Universal trip with out the kiddos!!!!
(it's really no place for kids! :lmao: )

oooops forgot the rate....299.00 Thursday, 314.00 Friday and Saturday, 299.00 Sunday

patster, check out the super saver rates for your time period.

you'll save some bucks if you switch to that code.

Hi Mac,

Just wanted to give you an update on my reservation. I just finished talking with a reservation agent named Lisa, a very pleasant and knowledgable agent. We switched over to Super Saver garden room from the APH standard room so our rate increased. Because we're LF gold members, we're upgraded to a garden deluxe room. So our average daily rate for a garden deluxe room is $269. :woohoo:

Thanks for your advice! Without you, my group of four would have been crammed into a 375 sq ft room. Now, we'll have 500 sq ft to spread out in!:woohoo:

you will enjoy the extra space.

500 sq ft gives you room and a sitting area to use.

come this september i doubt any rooms will be available for the weekends due to hhn.

glad you got booked and all set.

After getting some good advice here, I have booked our first ever trip to UO/IOA. As suggested, I joined AAA for the discount and was surprised at how substantial it was! It more than paid for the membership, plus we plan to use the discount in the parks. We are only staying one night (to get FOTL access for the two days) before we start our WDW vacation. We are really looking forward to trying UO/IOA and appreciate the help/suggestions.

Month: December 2008
Date: Check in - 19th, Check out - 20th
Hotel: RPR
Room Type: Standard Waterview
Rate: $258.30
Rate Type: AAA
Loews Upgrade/Level: No/Blue
Username: GinaBean

After getting some good advice here, I have booked our first ever trip to UO/IOA. As suggested, I joined AAA for the discount and was surprised at how substantial it was! It more than paid for the membership, plus we plan to use the discount in the parks. We are only staying one night (to get FOTL access for the two days) before we start our WDW vacation. We are really looking forward to trying UO/IOA and appreciate the help/suggestions.

Congratulations! You'll have a fun time in December. If you like Christmas trees, ride the boat over to PBH. They have a very large one decorating the piazza harbor. After dark, the tree lights are turned on.

Be sure to show your AAA card at Citywalk too for discounts on food and souveniers.

congratulations!!

you can also use the AAA for many other things. free maps if you are driving anywhere, out of gas? call them and they will bring you a gallon free so you can get to the closest gas station, car towing, have a flat, i did once, call them and they will come change your tire, shop online? target is one of the places that give you a discount when giving your aaa number,
hotels along the way when you travel, resturants that have the aaa symbol in the window of their store, etc.

Ok, we've changed our ressies. Got a great club rate!

December
4 - 6
RPH
Club Queens
$267
Super Saver
No/Blue
Scammermom

you did well !!

Congratulations! You'll have a fun time in December. If you like Christmas trees, ride the boat over to PBH. They have a very large one decorating the piazza harbor. After dark, the tree lights are turned on.

Be sure to show your AAA card at Citywalk too for discounts on food and souveniers.

Thank you for the tips! I love discounts :cool1:

congratulations!!

you can also use the AAA for many other things. free maps if you are driving anywhere, out of gas? call them and they will bring you a gallon free so you can get to the closest gas station, car towing, have a flat, i did once, call them and they will come change your tire, shop online? target is one of the places that give you a discount when giving your aaa number,
hotels along the way when you travel, resturants that have the aaa symbol in the window of their store, etc.

you did well !!

Thank you :) You were one of the people that gave me advice, and I appreciate that. We are excited, we get to hit UO/IOA, stay at RPR, and still have a week long vacation in Orlando for waaaaaay cheaper than the $5,000+ that I was quoted for a package deal at UO. This works much better for us. :banana:

The August reservation is ANOTHER update to my post on the last page (I forgot to add obstructed view)

August
12-14
HRH
AP rate
Obstructed View 2 queens
$170.40
No/Blue
Laurabearz

And our newest reservation...

Oct 10th
HRH
Obstructed view 2 queens
$219
No/Blue
Laurabearz

The August reservation is ANOTHER update to my post on the last page (I forgot to add obstructed view)

August
12-14
HRH
AP rate
Obstructed View 2 queens
$170.40
No/Blue
Laurabearz

And our newest reservation...

Oct 10th
HRH

Obstructed view 2 queens
$219
No/Blue
Laurabearz

me too laura!!

you going with the same crowd you did 3 years back?

You can add my info but I am sure hoping it changes! We are booked for Feb. 11-18 (7 nights) at the HRH. We've got a king club at $464.00, average per night. The total I was given is $3479.63. Big ole RACK RATE. They did take my loewsfirst number. I will be checking at the 6 month mark for discounts...AAA, APH, SS. Last December we had the same ressie for $279/night w/AAA.

Oct 21st - 24th
HRH - Garden View Room
AP Discount
$174 + tax per night
Blue

Yes! Still deciding on HHN... And it totally sucks that HRH is totally booked for Oct 17th and 18th. I am crushed, but serves me right for waiting so long to book it.

You are a peach!!! :banana:

laura, you can get hrh if you check in on the 16th.
i just went to the loews availability site.
i have not heard of anyone getting rooms if they only check in on the saturday during hhn period.

hrh is not totally booked up for october weekends.
you need to check in on a friday and can get the room then for the other dates you want.

I can be such a doofus sometimes...

Nevermind my post w/rates. Just dawned on me that they are 09 rates. Durrrr... Where's the Homer D'oh smilie when you need it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter