Date Change

hugsquared

<font color=purple>W. makes my liver quiver<font c
Date change

We were excitedly planning our 2nd trip to WDW in September when we found out that Joint Commision (hospital accredidation) is coming in November and no one is being allowed any vacation for the 2-3 months prior to the visit :sad2: . My DH is in Administration (I'm just a lowly nurse) and I can get the time...he can't. We're looking into the week of April 10th or 17th now so we can get the trip in this year. It will be a lot of work to get things together that quick but I'm sure worth it. :confused3 What are the crowds like? This is 2-3 weeks after Easter...I'm hoping it wont be too bad. Our last trip was at the end of Jan 2001 and it was perfect...almost no crowds at all. Any idea on what we're in store for here? :wizard:

UPDATE: We got word today that the vacation is ON!!!! :rotfl: :banana: :rotfl: :banana:
Made ressies today at CSR for Sept 17th-24th and Hoop De Doo PS. I am so excited I can hardly sit down :cloud9:
Can't wait to see who else will be there then! :wave2:

:earsboy: WELCOME to the DIS hugsquared!!! :earsboy:

I have found that sometimes those last minute trips are the most fun! :cool1:

There might be a wee bit more people than in Sept. or the end of Jan. as schools will still be having Spring Breaks at that time.I don't think it will be terribly crowded and your weather should
be great! :sunny:

Have a wonderful trip!!! ::MickeyMo

Thanks Baloo,
This is our DD's 1st trip to the World...she's been to the Land but I hope she's in for a wonderful treat. We can't wait.

I'm currently hoping to go 4/12-4/20 so I hope the crowds aren't too bad. I, too, haven't done much planning other than buying airfare. My trip isn't set in stone anymore-- so once I know we'll plan out everything else.

We've been around this time before (when Easter was early). It was nice. Pretty HOT I remember. The further into the trip we got the less crowded it was. I do notice a lot of Northeast schools are off the week of the 17th. I also know that there are 2 days that ALL the SW flights to Orlando are 100% booked, no empty seats.

You will love the weather. We went in April 2003, it was the week after Easter so the crowds were high, but we had a fabulous time. For me, the weather is more important that the crowd level to my feeling of enjoyment.
Others I am sure would disagree. I also went in September 2002, and although the crowds were low, the park hours were reduced so it was a tossup. The weather was so humid and it rained alot. I am from Louisiana and I had trouble with the humidity that trip.

However, with Easter so early this year, the "spring break" group you encounter in April should not be as heavy as in March.

I am hoping your DD has a fantastic 1st trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter