Date and Rate 2010......

Hi all, I'm trying to book two nights at the HRH, January 3-5, 2011. The rate is coming up as $234 per night, which is a bit steep for me.

Is there any hope that it will come down? I also have AAA and am thinking of signing up for the All Access card if that will help me out.

Any thoughts?? :goodvibes

I'm sure AAA rates aren't out yet, so it's sure to come down.

You can book and adjust the rate when/if it comes down.

I just switched my rate and room type for September 27-29. I am now booked in a standard view room at the Hard Rock at $154 a night ($173.25, including tax) using an AP rate. I just have to activate my AP first :)

I'm staying at RPR 12/4/10-12/8/10. Booked a standard room for $153 using the stay more, save more rate. The AAA rate for the same dates are $175.

Just booked a regular room at RPR for 12/5/10 - 12/12/10 added a couple of nights! Now our rate dropped to $125 per night (a great rate for December IMO!).

(used the stay more save more promo)

*thanks to this board I knew the SMSM rate was out for Dec.:cool1:

Just booked Royal Pacific for $224 for 10/25 "stay more save more rate" for one night.

Now I booked it through the AAA site as when I called the hotel directly they told me they couldn't give me the "stay more save more" rate. But AAA site clearly does. I didn't book the AAA rate, which was 211, the same that the hotel told me they could book for AAA. When I told the guy I could get the "stay more" rate on the AAA site he told me "good luck"!

I'll print it out and bring it with me. They better honor it! :)

Just booked Royal Pacific for $224 for 10/25 "stay more save more rate" for one night.

Now I booked it through the AAA site as when I called the hotel directly they told me they couldn't give me the "stay more save more" rate. But AAA site clearly does. I didn't book the AAA rate, which was 211, the same that the hotel told me they could book for AAA. When I told the guy I could get the "stay more" rate on the AAA site he told me "good luck"!

I'll print it out and bring it with me. They better honor it! :)

Stay more save more means that the longer you stay, the more of a discount you get. The rates are different for the length of time you stay. The normal Loews website has your room for $224 as well. Not sure why you didn't book the AAA rate which is lower????

I didn't book AAA because I don't have AAA.

For one night, it only saves me $13. Even adding 4 days at Disney, 10 savings a day. Add in tax, and I'm still only around $60. AAA is $73 here.

Sounds like you get some food discounts at US for having AAA, but we only eat counter service and not a lot of food, so not sure AAA is going to yeild us much savings-- it's not even a break even right now.

I may still join, but for now am budgeting without.

For one night, it only saves me $13. Even adding 4 days at Disney, 10 savings a day. Add in tax, and I'm still only around $60. AAA is $73 here.

Sounds like you get some food discounts at US for having AAA, but we only eat counter service and not a lot of food, so not sure AAA is going to yeild us much savings-- it's not even a break even right now.

Don't you have any cashback sites in US? We can buy a years AA roadside assistance in UK(which gives us AAA discounts over there) for £9/$13 using a cashback site(Quidco) http://www.quidco.com/aa-uk-breakdown £28 less £19 cashback. $73 seems a lot.

You still get AAA discount on CS meals...AND shopping....depends how much you buy vs your AAA membership price as to what you'd save.

You still get AAA discount on CS meals...AND shopping....depends how much you buy vs your AAA membership price as to what you'd save.

Tell me more about the shopping discounts. You may get me there. :lmao:

Is Harry Potter included? Wands? Candy? How about Butter Beer?

I wish Disney offered such discounts! I can barely get a break with their visa.

AAA will not only get you a room discount, but also 10% off CS & TS at restaurants. I'm not sure about the carts...can't remember.

You also get 10% off merchandise you buy in the stores...and I DO believe WWoHP IS included in that (i know AP discount is accepted)

When in doubt, I always ask. Worst they can say is 'no'.

If you think you might spend a lot shopping, and eating, what you would save w/ the AAA discount, may justify getting the membership...esp if staying onsite.

AAA will not only get you a room discount, but also 10% off CS & TS at restaurants. I'm not sure about the carts...can't remember.

You also get 10% off merchandise you buy in the stores...and I DO believe WWoHP IS included in that (i know AP discount is accepted)

When in doubt, I always ask. Worst they can say is 'no'.

If you think you might spend a lot shopping, and eating, what you would save w/ the AAA discount, may justify getting the membership...esp if staying onsite.

AAA and AP discounts are available in the Wizarding World.

Finally booked our two night stay @ HRH for Aug 26. The lowest rate I could find online was thru the loews hotels site and it was $234 per night for standard view. I called and asked for any AAA discounts and got $199 for Garden view. Saved about $70 and got an upgraded view.

PBR
Sept 9-12
$164 Thurs, $194 Fri/Sat.
APH

Tried to recheck prices a few days ago and everything is well over $200/nt now. Guess we're not switching to HRH after all. Glad we booked early. :goodvibes

The AAA discount is definitely good at some carts -- I use it on our pretzels and drinks prior to Beetlejuice!

Maria
:upsidedow

Thanks MiniTink for the tip on phoning reservations for the best rate. I had been looking at the Universal web site and could not get an annual pass rate at the RPR below $242 for August 13th. I phoned and they offered me $179 + tax with a free upgrade to water view (Loews Gold).

Lou

Standard King room at RPR
August 29th-Sept 4th (6 nights)
$129.21 + tax using the Stay More, Save More rate, (which beat the AP rate)

RPR --- Laurabearz
Aug 6th-8th
Standard queen room
$269 plus tax per night
No Discounts available at this time...

It's NOW...

RPR --- Laurabearz
August 4th-8th
Standard Queen Room
Aug 4-6 $249
Aug 6-8th $269
No Discounts available at this time

:banana: Woot woot added two days! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter