DAS and character Meet and Greets

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
We are now allowed to make our FP+ selections for our upcoming trip. DD and older DS will definitely want to meet Rapunzel. My plan was to arrive at rope drop on an EMH day and head straight to Princess Fairytale Hall. We have never been to WDW, but I read online that Fairytale Hall is a very loud busy wait. I was hoping to just avoid the crowds entirely by getting there super early and not even worry about using a DAS or FP+. However, I just read rumors about Elsa and Anna moving there. Ack! If Elsa and Anna are added, I don't know how we'll do it. It seems like at their current location in Norway, the lines are terrible even first thing in the morning. (FWIW- DS and DD actually would love to meet Elsa and Anna, but since we know the kids can't handle the lines, we just told them that the pricesses aren't at WDW.)

Anyway, can a DAS be used for Meet and Greets? I've read mixed information online. Perhaps just ones that use FP+? But MDE isn't allowing me to select Rapunzel or Cinderella at Fairytale Hall right now - it says standby only- so I don't know what my options are. :confused3

We are now allowed to make our FP+ selections for our upcoming trip. DD and older DS will definitely want to meet Rapunzel. My plan was to arrive at rope drop on an EMH day and head straight to Princess Fairytale Hall. We have never been to WDW, but I read online that Fairytale Hall is a very loud busy wait. I was hoping to just avoid the crowds entirely by getting there super early and not even worry about using a DAS or FP+. However, I just read rumors about Elsa and Anna moving there. Ack! If Elsa and Anna are added, I don't know how we'll do it. It seems like at their current location in Norway, the lines are terrible even first thing in the morning. (FWIW- DS and DD actually would love to meet Elsa and Anna, but since we know the kids can't handle the lines, we just told them that the pricesses aren't at WDW.)

Anyway, can a DAS be used for Meet and Greets? I've read mixed information online. Perhaps just ones that use FP+? But MDE isn't allowing me to select Rapunzel or Cinderella at Fairytale Hall right now - it says standby only- so I don't know what my options are. :confused3

Yes, but in our case it did not help. We had a DAS for the Princess meet (Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty). We waited over 5 minutes in line outside just to get to the podium and then another 20 minutes in a crowded "hallway". It was loud, and filled with "busy" people- more than the child I was with could handle. In our case the windowless hallway filled with people was just too much. After the hallway there is still a bit more of a wait in a roped off area.

My friend and I went through a lot of Meet and Greets but the lineups weren't really that long. 10 Minutes'ish. Even if you return later, you still end up waiting that amount of time. I guess it just depends on when you go.

We are now allowed to make our FP+ selections for our upcoming trip. DD and older DS will definitely want to meet Rapunzel. My plan was to arrive at rope drop on an EMH day and head straight to Princess Fairytale Hall. We have never been to WDW, but I read online that Fairytale Hall is a very loud busy wait. I was hoping to just avoid the crowds entirely by getting there super early and not even worry about using a DAS or FP+. However, I just read rumors about Elsa and Anna moving there. Ack! If Elsa and Anna are added, I don't know how we'll do it. It seems like at their current location in Norway, the lines are terrible even first thing in the morning. (FWIW- DS and DD actually would love to meet Elsa and Anna, but since we know the kids can't handle the lines, we just told them that the pricesses aren't at WDW.) Anyway, can a DAS be used for Meet and Greets? I've read mixed information online. Perhaps just ones that use FP+? But MDE isn't allowing me to select Rapunzel or Cinderella at Fairytale Hall right now - it says standby only- so I don't know what my options are. :confused3

You can get a DAS return time for characters that have FP+.

I honestly don't know how they would handle it if FP+ was not in use for a character. Possibly the same way they do for characters without FP+ at all... So just standby. The MDE page just changed yesterday I think to reflect that.

Hopefully someone can report what's going on in the next few days with those meet and greets and you'll have a better idea.

Yes, but in our case it did not help. We had a DAS for the Princess meet (Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty). We waited over 5 minutes in line outside just to get to the podium and then another 20 minutes in a crowded "hallway". It was loud, and filled with "busy" people- more than the child I was with could handle. In our case the windowless hallway filled with people was just too much. After the hallway there is still a bit more of a wait in a roped off area.

This has me worried. My daughter, like everyone else, really wants to see Anna and Elsa. I do not know that she could do that either :( I will be so sad for her if she does not get to

. . . Anyway, can a DAS be used for Meet and Greets? . . .

1) The DAS can help for a FP to a meet & greet.
2) It will NOT help to get front-of-the-line.
. . . with a DAS-FP you can get an approx return time, then wait in the quickie line
. . . without DAS-FP, you wait like all others
3) DAS, as opposed to GAC, does not grant entry favors.
4) My favorite line if "DAS grants ACCESS, not EXCESS".
5) Allowing front-of-line can be considered excess, to others who were waiting.

OP I will be going to WDW right before you and I know this doesn't help you now but I will ask while I am there about using DAS for those specific character greetings. Hopefully someone already knows the answer about those greetings. Happy trip planning!

This has me worried. My daughter, like everyone else, really wants to see Anna and Elsa. I do not know that she could do that either :( I will be so sad for her if she does not get to

Depending on when your going they are going to be moving to the Magic Kingdom in april I think. There moving into the princess meet and greet that is where snow white was.

When we did the fairtale hall in November, we got a DAS time in the evening and it was much easier then any of the other meet and greats we had done, we was walked through inside line where you wait in rows and only waited in the area where the princesses actually where!

So I do think getting a DAS time was well worth it! As we was only waiting around 10 mins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter