DAS advance selections

Greg36

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We have a 14 day trip coming up and were allowed to book the first 7 days of advance selections. The CM told us we could book the second 7 days after we arrived in the park on our first trip day. Is this the typical process or have people been allowed to book more than 7 days before their trip begins? Thanks, Greg

Hello,
We have a 14 day trip coming up and were allowed to book the first 7 days of advance selections. The CM told us we could book the second 7 days after we arrived in the park on our first trip day. Is this the typical process or have people been allowed to book more than 7 days before their trip begins? Thanks, Greg
We were able to book all 10 days of our park time prior to the trip.

Is this the typical process or have people been allowed to book more than 7 days before their trip begins?
Is the latter half of your trip within the 30-day window? Some CMs seem to allow booking beyond the 30-day window, others don't. Once all your days are within the 30-day window you can reconnect to the chat and schedule the rest of your Advanced Selections. I honestly wouldn't wait until you arrive because there may not be much available at that point.

Is the latter half of your trip within the 30-day window? Some CMs seem to allow booking beyond the 30-day window, others don't. Once all your days are within the 30-day window you can reconnect to the chat and schedule the rest of your Advanced Selections. I honestly wouldn't wait until you arrive because there may not be much available at that point.
At this point only the first 2 days are in that 30 day window so I think we will reach back out to them after everything is within the 30 days. Thanks for the reply and info.

Hello,
Is it a matter of what kind of tickets you have? I don't know of any 14 day tickets outside of the UK, where you can't pre-register for DAS without using a VPN, and the CM isn't supposed to accept that. Or have they changed that policy? Or is it an annual pass, or two tickets, etc?

Is it a matter of what kind of tickets you have? I don't know of any 14 day tickets outside of the UK, where you can't pre-register for DAS without using a VPN, and the CM isn't supposed to accept that. Or have they changed that policy? Or is it an annual pass, or two tickets, etc?
Last trip, we both had AP. This trip, I have an AP and DH will be using a bunch of tickets we got from disney over the years. In total , we have two 5 day and 4 one day. At most DH will go ten days. Will that cause an issue with asking for a DAS for him? We did get one last trip, if that matters.

We already made park passes, I have a few more than he. I know I can't use DAS without him, but I wanted them incase I wanted to run into parks for fireworks. We are staying at BLT /BWV.

These tickets are AP’s and we do have park days for all 14. Hoping a chat when everything is within 30 days will work. I will report back… thanks, Greg

Type of ticket should not impact DAS Advanced Selections. The ability to book Advanced Selections more than 30 days out has varied widely and really seems to be dependent on CM rather than ticket type or onsite/offsite.

Type of ticket should not impact DAS Advanced Selections. The ability to book Advanced Selections more than 30 days out has varied widely and really seems to be dependent on CM rather than ticket type or onsite/offsite.
Agree with lanejudy.
My family has APs and we’re able to book DAS Advance Selections for all our park days at the same time in February (7 day trip) and May/June (16 day trip).

We were staying onsite and all our park days were within the ‘window‘ posted on the WDW DAS website page of “all park visits within 30 to 2 days of first park visit”.
Some guests have reported being able to make DAS Advance Selections for their entire stay, including those greater than 30 days out. Others were only able to do the days within the 30 day ‘window’ and were told to re-contact Disney later.
All guests can count on is what‘s on the website.

Most people have reported that re-contacting Disney for the additional days was easy and quick. Guests start the process with the same link as applying for DAS, but as soon as the chat window appear, there is a link to click on if you already have DAS and just need to make selections. That part is a text cha, not video chat and most people report the CM replies to begin the chat within 5 minutes or less.

These tickets are AP’s and we do have park days for all 14. Hoping a chat when everything is within 30 days will work. I will report back… thanks, Greg

Just wanted to report back. Still never had any luck within 30 day window. CM said could only book 7 days and could book second half of trip after we arrived and used first 2 selections. Not a big deal. We will just use chat function after we arrive. Hope everyone in Florida is staying as safe as possible, Greg

Just wanted to report back. Still never had any luck within 30 day window. CM said could only book 7 days and could book second half of trip after we arrived and used first 2 selections. Not a big deal. We will just use chat function after we arrive. Hope everyone in Florida is staying as safe as possible, Greg
Saw this issue popping up on other disability forums - seems to be a new thing with DAS computer program.

I registered for my das at 28 days out and was able to make our advance selections for all 13 days of our trip at that time. this was last month for our trip we are on right now.

Saw this issue popping up on other disability forums - seems to be a new thing with DAS computer program.

Decided to follow up through email just to get a little more info. Was sent the following:

“…This is a rolling 7 Day window. That means, after you use Day 1, you can make advanced selections for Day 8. Use Day 2 and make selections for Day 9 and so on…”

Decided to follow up through email just to get a little more info. Was sent the following:

“…This is a rolling 7 Day window. That means, after you use Day 1, you can make advanced selections for Day 8. Use Day 2 and make selections for Day 9 and so on…”
Thanks for the update.
That is new. The majority of people probably don’t go over 7 days anyway, so being able to do more than 7 at a time probably doesn’t affect a lot of people

I'm thinking there won't be much of a selection by then? Good luck!

How do you do the update, do you need to look at phone for few hours while at disney?

And when does the first day count? The first day you get there or the first day in parks. We are getting there on a Saturday evening but not going in until Monday. To add more confusion, I have an AP while DH will be using a combo of 5 day and single day tickets. It will be DH with the DAS if allowed.

How do you do the update, do you need to look at phone for few hours while at disney?

And when does the first day count? The first day you get there or the first day in parks. We are getting there on a Saturday evening but not going in until Monday. To add more confusion, I have an AP while DH will be using a combo of 5 day and single day tickets. It will be DH with the DAS if allowed.

They told us it is after you use your first day of advance selections. They suggested we could do another live chat at that point to book the next day of our trip (day 8). I might see if we can just do it in the park though after we get there by talking with a CM…

They told us it is after you use your first day of advance selections. They suggested we could do another live chat at that point to book the next day of our trip (day 8). I might see if we can just do it in the park though after we get there by talking with a CM…
The DAS Advance Selections can’t be booked in the parks. They need to be arranged by live chat between 30 and 2 days before the park day when they will be used.
You can book DAS Return Times in the park on your day of visit, by using the My Disney Experience app, at the attraction or from CM at Guest Relations location or blue Guest Experience umbrellas

To do the update, you don’t need to be in a park and you don’t need to wait like for the video chat. You use the same links you used to agree to the Terms and Conditions and start the DAS registration chat. But, once the chat opens, there is a link for guests already registered for DAS to start the DAS Advance Selection text chat. People’s posted experience with that is only a few minutes wait before the CM begins the text chat.

F954FABF-162F-4F61-8D1E-79CE2B6FAE0F.jpeg

First day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter