Dapper Day report and map offer

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
It’s getting late and I’m very tired so this will be brief (as I always promise and never deliver ;-)).

Day started great. Moments after rope drop, I stopped to talk with a mother and daughter dressed in great Dapper Day outfits. I asked the daughter if I could take a pic with her. They both smiled and said “Are you Rob?” I said that I was. They then told me that they met me about a year ago and remembered me clearly. In fact, on their way from Idaho to the park, they wondered if they’d see me again. That was a great surprise and a wonderful way to start my day.

I saw a few people I know (and a CM) who I hadn’t seen in a while. That was nice.

My performance on Buzz was abysmal. On a total of four rides today I got guns that were defective for one of various reasons. I also met NAP, we recently-minted Buzz rival. We spoke briefly and exchanged a dew anecdotes. He told me that he’s also really good at Toy Story Mania and that he holds the world record for the highest score of around 650,000. I’ve only played that once years ago so I have no idea how that ranks as a score. In any case, usually I break 1M on Buzz about 39 times out of 40. There were three times today when I didn’t. It was all a mess for some reason and my highest score was only 1,830,000. I left the park at around 2:30 in third place. It was both frustrating and maddening. Oh well. Chalk it up to a bad day, Buzz-wise.

I met a lot of great people who’d also dressed for Dapper Day. I also got countless compliments on my outfit, my spiffy Back to the Future light-up shoes in particular. It was a great day (Buzz excepted) and I didn’t want to leave but I had other things planned in the evening (after going to bed at 1:30 last night and getting up at 5:00).

The gemstone Millennium Falcon, flying carpet and Pluto were priced at $18,000, $20,000 and $24,000, respectively. The CMs there told me that they sold a Pluto recently. I presumed the purchaser would have had it shipped home. But no. He/she simply carried it out and into the park. That kind of cash would keep me in APs for many years.

OK – pics. The first is of the nice young woman I met once a year ago mentioned above.
CF8F12A7-C5E0-40E1-9AA9-22FE44501DF7.jpeg8B08E699-D2E4-4D01-8974-DF27F8FD946A.jpeg69666E38-8413-4B60-A2F2-4BB3BBFE601E.jpeg2159B06B-B4BC-4DBC-AA21-AAB15DFACABC.jpeg2C48527A-FB54-434A-8C1A-9127727F5761.jpeg
I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while. She made the chicken purse :-).

E36ACA61-FC2F-4107-A054-ED3876971684.jpeg4DC8A5F7-F8C9-450D-9615-5B41E0735EBA.jpeg72881180-5D06-49FC-8B33-6A60C7475F63.jpegC741FEF2-05D5-4435-AC6C-18809211B116.jpeg80FDE0C5-6A29-43A3-9FFF-1ACB20E6D793.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s getting late and I’m very tired so this will be brief (as I always promise and never deliver ;-)).

Day started great. Moments after rope drop, I stopped to talk with a mother and daughter dressed in great Dapper Day outfits. I asked the daughter if I could take a pic with her. They both smiled and said “Are you Rob?” I said that I was. They then told me that they met me about a year ago and remembered me clearly. In fact, on their way from Idaho to the park, they wondered if they’d see me again. That was a great surprise and a wonderful way to start my day.

I saw a few people I know (and a CM) who I hadn’t seen in a while. That was nice.

My performance on Buzz was abysmal. On a total of four rides today I got guns that were defective for one of various reasons. I also met NAP, we recently-minted Buzz rival. We spoke briefly and exchanged a dew anecdotes. He told me that he’s also really good at Toy Story Mania and that he holds the world record for the highest score of around 650,000. I’ve only played that once years ago so I have no idea how that ranks as a score. In any case, usually I break 1M on Buzz about 39 times out of 40. There were three times today when I didn’t. It was all a mess for some reason and my highest score was only 1,830,000. I left the park at around 2:30 in third place. It was both frustrating and maddening. Oh well. Chalk it up to a bad day, Buzz-wise.

I met a lot of great people who’d also dressed for Dapper Day. I also got countless compliments on my outfit, my spiffy Back to the Future light-up shoes in particular. It was a great day (Buzz excepted) and I didn’t want to leave but I had other things planned in the evening (after going to bed at 1:30 last night and getting up at 5:00).

The gemstone Millennium Falcon, flying carpet and Pluto were priced at $18,000, $20,000 and $24,000, respectively. The CMs there told me that they sold a Pluto recently. I presumed the purchaser would have had it shipped home. But no. He/she simply carried it out and into the park. That kind of cash would keep me in APs for many years.

OK – pics. The first is of the nice young woman I met once a year ago mentioned above.
View attachment 753894View attachment 753895View attachment 753896View attachment 753897View attachment 753898
I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while. She made the chicken purse :-).

View attachment 753899View attachment 753900View attachment 753901View attachment 753902View attachment 753903
WOW, Love your outfit ! Looking great ! And I love all the pictures you posted and your park report.
We hope to see you in May !

Great stuff. I need to get to WDW during dapper day.

Everyday is dapper day for me, although I tend to get a large amount of stares. Traditional suits, shoes, overcoats and fedoras for me. Slacks, summer shirts and straw hats in the summer. I'd fit in well on Main Street. I, like Walt, love innovation and progress but I also have nostalgia and a reverence for the past.

Oh, Rob, your photos are fantastic as always but I especially love the ones with the ladies in their fabulous attire. You look great, too, and I dig the shoes! Sorry about Buzz, NAP sounds a bit full of himself 😁

Those figurines are incredible…but what would you do with it???? Always curious about those types of things….never been a collector like that.

Oh, Rob, your photos are fantastic as always but I especially love the ones with the ladies in their fabulous attire. You look great, too, and I dig the shoes! Sorry about Buzz, NAP sounds a bit full of himself 😁
I didn't mean to make him sound that way. He seemed cool; I don't have any problem with him. Except when he beats me ;-).
Those figurines are incredible…but what would you do with it???? Always curious about those types of things….never been a collector like that.
I've always wondered the same thing. I could never justify buying something like that when I know the money could go towards far worthier causes, such as feeding the homeless or the destitute across the world. Perhaps the people who're rich enough do both, though. Then again, I plan to buy a Lamborghini one day, so... ;-).

I hoped to see you to say hi!
We got a late start that day, I loved seeing everyone’s outfits. I’d packed a dress, not super “dapper”, but went for comfort in the end. My favorite outfit I saw was the woman in a purple dress and a green neverland bag
She was having her picture taken by the wishing well and I later saw it on IG, on a dapper day account, can’t remember the name….

Your outfit looked great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter